Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Stirred - W.C. Moore

From Herald of His Coming:

Stirred!
By W. C. Moore

“There is none that calleth upon Thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of Thee...” (Isa. 64:7).

God is stirred up today. Whoever would tune in on His program must also get stirred up. God knows that “sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death” (Jas. 1:15). He hates sin. The least permitted sin, or excused sin in the lives of the people causes in the pure heart of God intense loathing. He loves righteousness. He hates iniquity. And He looks down and says that there is none that calls upon Him in a way to indicate that the whole heart is moved to desperation.

It is not a mere waving of the hand at God and saying, “Well, things are not as blessed as formerly.” No! A thousand times, No! It is a real heart contrition and a facing of the stark reality of a people who have had much Gospel light and have failed to walk in that light. It is a heartbreaking agony for the souls of sinners who mingle in our midst and who do not see enough of reality – do not see enough of God and of His love and of His power manifested in our lives to even convict them of sin.

Oh, for a John the Baptist to cry out against sin! The Lord seeks “for a man…that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it” (Ezek. 22:30). Phinehas was zealous for his God (Num. 25:13). He “executed judgment…and that was counted unto him for righteousness unto all generations for evermore” (Psa. 106:30-31).

There is none – not even one, that stirreth up himself. Oh, the cry in the heart of God for somebody who will really mean business in the face of eternal facts! Sin abounds on every hand. Lukewarmness, worldliness, shallowness, hypocrisy – everywhere. And who lays it to heart? The forms, the formalities, the ­ceremonies, enough to disgust the Holy Lamb of God till He will spew us out of His mouth (Rev. 3:16).

The very fact that the Word of God says, “There is none…that stirreth up himself,” shows clearly that it is possible for a man to stir up himself or God would never have grieved over the failure, over the lack of even one who would do this.

How Shall I Stir Up Myself?
One way is by obeying God. Jesus says, “Look on the fields…white…to harvest…PRAY” (John 4:35; Luke 10:2). Look around and see the needs in our own lives, the needs in the church and in the world. Face the facts. See how far short we come of God’s plan for us. Then get under the burden for the terrible conditions, and pray – pray until you pray through and God answers!

Let us stir up ourselves before God has to send judgment upon us. “For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged” (1 Cor. 11:31).

Jacob had God’s promises, but he had not yet stirred up himself to actually take hold of God. He met a crisis. Judgment loomed. Esau, his long offended brother, was coming to meet him, “and four hundred men with him” (Gen. 32:6). But Jacob prayed through. He took the promises of God and pled them before Him until God took the whole case in hand. Jacob took hold of God saying, “I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me” (Gen. 32:26).

The testimony of the Word of God to Jacob, after he had stirred himself up and taken hold of God, was this, “As a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed” (Gen. 32:28). God is no respecter of persons. It is possible today for a person to stir up himself and pray through and prevail!

The Lord had already, before this night of agonizing prayer, said unto Jacob, “Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee” (Gen. 32:9). But Jacob had to stir up himself to take hold of God for the fulfillment of this Word.

It is not enough that God has promised a thing – we must ask (Matt. 7:7). “I will yet for this be enquired of…to do it” (Ezek. 36:37). Faith, importunity and desperate earnestness – these all go together to get answers in the will of God (Luke 18:1-8, 11:1-13; Matt. 11:12).

Who will believe God? Who will stir up himself to take hold of God? Faith believes God’s Word, and accepts God’s help. Doubt accepts the devil’s lies. God wants us to believe His Word. The devil wants us to doubt. On which side are you?
“Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Prov. 29:18). We all need to awake! We have gotten lukewarm and do not half realize it.
Oh, for Holy Ghost conviction on sin! We should seek God with all our heart till He pours out His Spirit and sends Holy Ghost conviction on sin. Salute no man by the way. Be sober; be vigilant. Seek the Lord while He may be found.

God has said, “I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh” (Joel 2:28). Let us cry out to God, call upon Him, stir up ourselves and take hold of Him until He fulfills His Word, and a mighty revival, a tremendous outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon all flesh, comes in answer to the effectual, fervent prayers of His people. Travail for the lost, a deep heart-burden for the salvation of lost souls, accompanies all true Holy Ghost revivals. “As soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children” (Isa. 66:8).

“Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him” (Heb. 11:6).

“Prepare ye the way…cast up, cast up the highway: gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people” (Isa. 62:10).

Jesus, the Head of the church, our Captain, says, “And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily” (Luke 18:7-8).

2016/5/30 21:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy