SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mount of Transfiguration...A Shifting of Redemotive History

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

There are all kinds of tests in the scriptures that we can perform. If a spirit (which we think is the Holy Spirit) tells us to build a statue in our backyard an bow down to it, how do we know it's a deceiving spirit?
We know it FROM THE SCRIPTURES.

2016/6/1 12:03

Re:

Hi Tozsu

Just because the way of God is abused does not make it wrong. Those who are in the same Spirit as the writers of scriptures, will be in accordance with each other. Those who are not will have their own interpretation and therefore thousands of denominations.

Of course scripture is the safe guard of what is of God, but there are many levels of growth and no-one knows it all but on sanctification, there is much agreement amongst those who have submitted all to Him.

Understanding scripture comes with obedience to the heavely light and not through studying theology. More obedience and more light. Not that there is anything wrong with theology but there must be that light within that tells us the truth when wwe hear it.

2016/6/1 12:10

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu on 2016/6/1 10:33:59

If one person says: "The Holy Spirit told me it's white" and the other person says: "The Holy Spirit told me it's black"
How do we know which one was really from the Holy Spirit?
We examine which statement aligns with the Scriptures.
That makes the Scriptures the highest authority in my opinion.
Edited to add:
We examine the whole scripture and let the HS witness in us as Gary said.

It depends on the context of what is being talked about.

The Lord spoke to the Ten Boom family in Holland to stay in Holland when the Germans invaded. Obviously, because the Lord had a mission for them. Other disciples, the Lord led to leave Holland. Was the Lord being contradictory? No, not at all.

As I have said before, the "Law of Christ" is His word to you personally. Do what He tells you and don't be concerned if others agree or not. The final authority is Christ Himself and no one can tell you how to follow Christ, except Christ. This is why I am always against Christians "marshalling" other Christians to get on some kind of bandwagon and use the power of numbers to impose their will on others. Jesus does not use the power of numbers to accomplish His will.

John 21:20-22 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

"The Christian...life is dynamic. Each situation, like each person, is novel. The command of God is not a general rule, or collection of rules. It is always particular for a person at this moment, in this situation. In the unity recovered through grace, in the union with God, we are in the presence of quite a different ethical orientation. It can only be lived in Christ. There is no Christian life without the action of the Holy Spirit, without His inspiration and guidance. The necessity for God's intervening to guide our lives puts an end to our pretending to erect a Christian morality. Christian living does not exist as a morality; for he who lives it, lives by it. He does not follow commandments nor achieve objectives. He lives by the word of God which nourishes him, guides him, and carries him. There is not one Christian life. There are as many Christian lives as there are Christians. One lives in ever-surprising novelty. (Jacques Ellul - To Will and To Do)

2016/6/1 12:20

Re:

I did not mean to check the scriptures by the letter as the pharisees did. We check the spirit meaning a s the Bereans did. Because there is no contradiction in God. So how do you brothers and sisters safeguard against deception? For we all know about a lot of christians that tried to follow the holy spirit (the way you recommend) and fell into serious error. Yet they were not wolves, they were deceived.

2016/6/1 12:41

Re: A Gentle Exhortation

Brothers and sisters I have no desire to see this thread locked. So far the posts have been quite encouraging. And have stirred my heart to think deeper on Jesus. As I have meditated on the cross of Christ I feel somehow the fragrance of Jesus hovering over this thread. I wish to keep it that way.

Before we post, and that includes me, let us pray and ask is this going to edify and build up those who would read our post. If we get a check in our spirit, and that includes me. Let us hit the "cancel post" button.

I appreciate those of you that have posted on this thread and the Spirit by which you posted. I believe God is wanting to reveal more of Jesus to us. Let us and humility explore what it means to Listen to Him.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/6/1 12:43

Re:

Thank you Blaine for that reminder.

Tozsu sister

The way of the religious world is to follow the teachings of those who have studied in college. But the way of the Lord, is to look to those who have the spiritual discernment of maturity gained through rough spiritual trials and walk in holiness.

Instead of holy men having authority, the church splinters off with every new teaching from men who are not holy. This must be the test and those seeking holiness will submit to their teaching and guidance whilst those with an independent spirit will think more of qualifications and reputation.

2016/6/1 12:53

Re: Tozsu

Sister for me and goes back to Jesus. I ask myself is the Resident Author of scripture Himself living in my heart. We Know by this that He abides in us by the Spirit whom He has given to us (1 Johm 4:24).

The more we get to know the Author through prayer. The more the Author will open up His blessed Word to us.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/6/1 13:00

Re: Toszu

... Now these were more noble minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so...Acts 17:11

My sister just some further thoughts as I think about your questions. As the Bereans I believe we need to be noble minded. We need to have an open and honest heart. And I might add a spirit of humility to receive the Word. As we receive Him into our hearts. Then there will be an eagerness to examine the Scriptures daily to prove Him true.

I hope this makes sense.

Again dear sister my thoughts.

2016/6/1 13:18

Re:

I am not disagreeing with you, The Bible is the word of God.
John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:14
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Jesus and the Word are one.
I am following that.

2016/6/1 13:54

Re: Tozso

My sister I remember one day I was trying to figure it out. I was pondering before the Lord thinking. Okay. Jesus is the Living Word. The Bible is the Living Word. And I was going around and around in my head. Finally the Holy Spirit came back and told me, "They both are living!

I think you get the nail on the head. :-)

2016/6/1 14:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy