SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thoughts on.... Star Wars - Episode III, Revenge of the Sith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

Concur; you both state the case well.
This could be part of Christ's warning re judging others.

2005/5/27 8:17Profile
Spitfire

Re:

I agree with you guys. Sorry about adding fuel to the fire after indulging myself in worldly entertainment. I love you all. Dian.

2005/5/27 8:25Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Dian dear, your heart is really to be envied! May God abound it in you!

Love

Sis. Mek

2005/5/27 10:03Profile
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Re:

I'm not trying to judge or compare myself with anyone, there are things I'm struggling with right now that makes me feel particularly unworthy of posting or giving an opinion.

I was a movie addict, and for many a month I haven't watched a single movie.

I watched Star Wars. And I felt I had let the Lord down, as my burning desire was NOT to watch this Star Wars episode as a 'tongue out' to all that Hollywood stands for.

If I had succeeded in missing the movie I would have given myself a 'brownie point', but as sis Medki shared, I would still have been giving my opinion on our political situation (African politics is a wonder)--thanks sis, I need to God's help there too.

How blind I am!

My desire is to be one who lives for the glory of God. To have a heart that goes out to the over 80% Kenyans who are lost and the many many, poor and needy in my city.

I've often proven my inconsistency with that desire.

Br Philip's and Sis Medki's statements outline the territory I want to live in.

Lord, help me be a man that warreth!

No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. 2 Timothy 2:4

2005/5/27 11:17Profile

Star Wars is another gospel

I do not want to judge anyone who has seen the movie or plans to see it.

Star Wars presents a whole different Gospel (yes it is a gospel) that is totally and completely unchristian. There are many who practice its teachings as a religion and a life style..

I know some try to get Christian messages out of it but this is wrong.

Gal 1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

2005/5/27 12:05
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Star Wars is another gospel

[i]Finally![/i] A string of opposing opinions! I was waiting for this, and here it is! Once again, this post was started with my comments/reaction to seeing the latest Star Wars movie in theaters. In no way was I condoning the film or encouraging spiritual parallels to Christianity to be drawn from it. What I was in fact expressing was that the film grieved me. And I'm sorry if it has grieved any of you, the fact that I was one of the many that went and saw it. I am, however of the strong opinion that convictions have to be my own, as a result of God continuing to work in my heart, not borrowed from others. Some of you are more sensitive to these things, and I really, [i]really[/i] appreciate you guys sharing. I hope to allow God to work out that sensitivity in my heart, to the Holy Spirit's conviction. I am truly thankful to God that He is not done with me yet, and in the meantime, hopefully you all can have patience and compassion with me as God continues to burn away the things that are unprofitable for His kingdom purposes, and purify, sanctify and make holy the things that do please Him. Thanks to all of you setting a good standard on here and being a good example to all the rest of us. Don't lose hope with us! Be confident that God is doing a work... and it takes time sometimes. Have faith in the unseen work of God, and in time, it will be manifested for the world to see.

2005/5/27 13:22Profile

Re: Thoughts on.... Star Wars - Episode III, Revenge of the Sith

Well I went to the theatre and watched this movie, I didn't really have alot of excitment to watch this, I guess I just had nothing to do, and everyone is raving over it.

I think I enjoyed the presense of people around me then the movie itself.

I watched, but I didn't watch it, if you know what I mean, my heart wasn't into it. I should have watched a tear jerking drama, that would have probably been a more interesting adventure.

Karl

2005/5/27 15:57
Philip

Kansas, USA

Encouragement

I know that my reply to this thread sparked some controversy. I hope that it was encouraging as Yodi hopes to be also. I am encouraged by your responses Yodi. May God bring us ever closer to the truth. In the first couple chapters of Revelations, Jesus Christ encouraged people to repent, especially the Laodecians, because they thought they were rich, visionaries, when infact he said they were poor miserable, blind naked and wretched. I believe if we were to accurately look at our condition, we would find ourselves to be in the same condition, myself included. We need to ask ourselves, is my life pleasing to God? Are my choices, his choices? When Christ redeemed us, he bought us back from the devil. That means that our lives are not our own, our choices are not our own, our words are not our own... all is Christ's. We need to ask him what he thinks of all of this and then side with him opposed to all that against him, yet tempered with a love for people. If my quest for holiness is not tempered with mercy and a love for God and people then I will merely become hopelessly embittered when I find out the true state of affairs in the world. Yet, when one loves and believes in the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ, he cannot but have hope in any situation. Our situation in this world is pretty sad. The situation of the church is sad. The delusion that we are in thinking ourselves to be so great when we are weak and helpless without Christ is sad. But the hope is in Jesus Christ th living risen Son of Almighty God. With him nothing is impossible. Our entertainment choices are symptoms of a heart problem. But we serve the one who changes our hearts. When we turn fully to Christ and seek him first and turn aside from all the things of the world(not the people of the world) then, and only then will Christ's power be evident fully in our lives. We settle for so little, when he has so much. Please my friends and brothers and sisters... turn away from all the wickedness of the world. Do not call good evil and evil good. Encourage one another. Pray, pray, pray! God is moving and drawing people, if we will be sensitive to the Holy spirit. We say we are not convicted in a certain area yet, usually I find that to mean that we know what we should do, but find ourselves conviently confused because we don't want to obey. I have done the same myself, but what freedom comes from obeying the voice of the Holy Spirit. It is liberty and not bondage. If you feel the slightest whisper of his voice, don't do whatever you were going to do. Follow Christ friends... don't let the devil dupe you. As for me, I desire to do the same and fellowship with those of the same mind. May God help me to be encouraging to those around, yet still voice conviction and concern for what I believe God says is wrong. God help us all to love him more than anything. Help us also to not get religious and proud. Thank you all for your posts and I will make a show here a little more often. To our brethren in Africa, we pray God's richest blessing on you. Follow Christ,

Philip

2005/5/28 11:34Profile
Philip

Kansas, USA

Re:

Quote:
I am truly thankful to God that He is not done with me yet, and in the meantime, hopefully you all can have patience and compassion with me as God continues to burn away the things that are unprofitable for His kingdom purposes, and purify, sanctify and make holy the things that do please Him. Thanks to all of you setting a good standard on here and being a good example to all the rest of us. Don't lose hope with us! Be confident that God is doing a work... and it takes time sometimes. Have faith in the unseen work of God, and in time, it will be manifested for the world to see.

How can I but have hope. God has been so patient with me. If I think that I am anywhere with God, I should be able to love others until they come to where I think that I am at. If I can't I am nowhere at all. God brings us all through process and helps us to learn from one another. We need to pray that we would know and do the will of God each day. If we do that, the Holy Spirit will guide us with his word and his still small voice. Keep seeking Yodi. You have such a sweet teachable spirit. Follow the convictions that God puts on your heart. A friend of mine told me once, "Philip, you can only be one place right now, that is where you are at. It is up to you to decide where you want to go." First we need to know where we are at, and then we need to know where we want to go. I want to...

Follow Jesus,

Philip

2005/5/28 11:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy