Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Praying for kids in Ukraine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Praying for kids in Ukraine

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/prayer_ukraine.jpg[/img]

Yolanda said in the ukraine thread: here's a link to short stories about 34 street kids' lives in Kyiv, Ukraine and what you could be praying for concerning each one:

[b]Street Kids Prayer Cards[/b]
[i]244 kbs / PDF document[/i]

There's also a bit of information about the Ukrainian family that has been ministering to these street kids for several years. Some of the kids I met at the 2004 summer camp, and others I didn't meet who were at the 2004 winter camp. Some of these kids might be at the 2 week camp next month and some won't. We may even meet new kids who aren't covered on these prayer cards.

I plan on also creating prayer cards for a few of us team members going to this camp. I would do a prayer card for each team member if I had information on all of them or if it was confirmed who all was going.

--

I am hoping that many from SermonIndex will download these prayer cards and take the intiative to pray for these children. Once we are in ukraine and come back then we will be able to update you with each kid that we meet and allow you to see how God uses your prayers.

Here is a link to the main topic of the Ukraine trip that me (greg), Yolanda and Kelly (from CC escondido) will be going on this june/july:

[b]Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5152&forum=16

IF you are willing to commit to praying for these children please post a reply in this thread and your name will be added. It would be great for people to start praying for them now and then through till june 6th and even beyond. Updates in their lifes will be posted and if you have questions about specific children we can try and find out more.

[b]There are (6) people praying for the kids in ukraine:[/b]
Greg
Yolanda
Richard
Arielle
Chanin
Josh

2005/5/25 17:48Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Praying for kids in Ukraine

I had an idea also of making some wallpapers of these kids and the blurbs so when you are working or looking at your desktop you can lift a child up in prayer. I will post a few of them here when I finish them:

Here is an example of how the wallpapers look on my mac desktop:

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/example1_sm.jpg[/img]
Download this example...

---

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/ukraine01_sm.jpg[/img]
Download this wallpaper of Pavel, Vika and Maks Naumenko

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/ukraine02_sm.jpg[/img]
Download this wallpaper of Vitalik

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/ukraine03_sm.jpg[/img]
Download this wallpaper of Maks

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/pdf/ukraine04_sm.jpg[/img]
Download this wallpaper of Losha

2005/5/25 18:06Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Praying for kids in Ukraine

I am praying. =)!!! Designing and creating these prayer cards for each kid has really given me a heart to pray for them. It was a good reminder to the life they're facing over there in Ukraine.

Here are some others who emailed me or commented on my xanga page about their interest in praying for these kids and for us:

"We can pray for a page each day you are gone!"

- Richard

"yeah...i will be praying for you all and your trip to the ukraine! i hope that the Lord uses you all through that trip for His glory :) sounds exciting... you will have to tell us how everything goes, alright? :)"

- arielle

"I am glad you put the prayer cards up here on your xanga. What an exciting time for you to be able to go again and share Christ's love and hope. Will be praying!!! Blessings to you!!!"

- Chanin (More of Him)

"I'll be praying about the mission trip. That's exciting. I can't wait to hear the report when you get back."

- Josh (Preacher Parsley)

2005/5/25 18:09Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Please continue to pray for these street kids. And let us know if you are committing to prayer more. Prayer is really the main way any of these kids will ever change and I believe our effectivness as missionaries is dependent on the prayers of God's people.

2005/5/27 16:10Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

If you haven't already please download the prayer cards to pray for the kids in ukraine!

2005/5/31 13:08Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Here is an email I received this morning that totally blessed and encouraged me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yolanda,

Someone sent me the URL to the webpage created about your group trip to Ukraine to work with the street kids. A group of us from the Gospel Halls in Canada and United States went over last summer to work with street kids, visit poor families in the mountains, visit gypsy villages with clothing and food, and visit orphanages with supplies. It's a life-changing experience, and I could relate to your journal entries from last summer's trip when you were getting emotionally connected with the kids. Our group is building an orphanage in Lutsk, and I hope to go back to help with the orphanage once it's up and running. Even with the language barrier, it's hard to describe how close you can get to some of these kids. You hate to say goodbye to them and know they're going back to their lives on the streets.

There are quite a group of us who are continually praying for the people of Ukraine, and especially the children. Some of the ones who were there last year have gone back over this spring when they finished school/university and will be there for the summer again. My uncle from Ontario has visited there on his own and with a number of other men, and they've done a lot of work in the schools and orphanages. They've been able to supply different places with fridges or plumbing (toilets, sinks, showers) and have distributed hundreds of thousands of Bibles across the country. It's amazing that it's so open to the gospel. We visited a market last year with Bibles, and we couldn't get any farther than about ten feet into the market and our armload of Bibles would all be gone and we'd have to go back to the van to get more.

I hope your trip this year goes well and that you're able to minister to these poor children.

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethern, ye have done it unto me."

Sandra

2005/5/31 16:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy