Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Dear brother,

Quote:
I just need to be completly free!!

I would like to share one truth with you. Freedom is not something you can achieve, it's something you receive, or better put, something you have received.

Your need, as well as mine, is not to be completely free, but to live out of the freedom we've been given in Christ.

I struggle with things in my life as well, Dominic. At times it brings me to utter and total despair. But although I fail and fall at times, I still believe that there is no battle to be fought that hasn't already been won by Christ on the Cross!

My advice...instead of seeking deliverance, seek the Deliverer. Instead of wanting to be totally free, realize that you've been set free by Jesus already:

"In order that we might truly be free, Christ set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Gal 5:1 - translated from my Dutch Bible)

I recognize a certain "stress" in your words. Dominic, don't try to pull down the strongholds of the devil yourself. Get your eyes of your failures, the attacks and the thoughts that you should be doing something. Enter into the rest of realizing what Jesus accomplished:

"Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it." (Col 2:15)

And though this truth isn't always true in our life, doesn't make it a truth that is less true :-). The truth of the matter is this:

"If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32)

And to "abide in Him" has to do with our walk with Him as 1 John 2:6 states “He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.”

So the question then turns: “how can I walk like Him?”.
By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. (1 John 4:13)

Furter on, God doesn’t say: “Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who stands up and fights in the name of Jesus, the Son of God?”…it says:
“Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1 John 5:5). That’s our victory. Our belief…and not even our faith, but Jesus, who is the Son of God!

The struggle of my life isn’t my struggle with sin…it’s my struggle to realize that, though God calls me to walk after the Spirit and I just simply have to obey, I cannot do a single thing, or overcome a single sin, or rejoice in a difficult situation, without Jesus. All my failures have to do with this simple truth: I lost eye-contact with Jesus. Maybe I started to focus on my problems, or I started looking at what I should be doing, or how I should respond to certain situations, or I started looking at the lives of others, or at the problems of others, or at my own responsibilities…or…I fixed my eyes on the things of this world, the temporary pleasure of sin (Hebr 11:24-25). But what caused me to loose eye-contact with Jesus doesn’t really matter. The fact is: I lost my focus! And because I lost it, I began to sink…

It’s the way by which we enter the battlefield that determines whether we will stand or fall. If we go to battle with the thought: “May God be merciful on me as I do my utmost best”, we will loose. But when we go to battle with the thought: “The war has been won and the battle is the Lord’s”, we will win.

“What do you have that you did not receive?” (1 Cor 4:7)

All things are possible with God…if only this truth would sink down deep in our hearts and become reality in our lives…how glorious this would be!

God gives grace to the humble.

Paul

2005/5/27 11:29Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I should have thought of that thankyou for reminding me of that truth!!

2005/5/27 19:01Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

My friend Jon , who lives near me has had his friend go to Jail and a girl he likes push him off he needs encouragement!!! If any of you have a xanga site. His site is www.xanga.com/smegsoft
He needs alot of prayer as he is really hurt and needs prayer!!!
I need prayer to pray for him as I feel spiritually dry and have alot of exams !!! and I need jesus Please pray for him!!1

2005/6/2 18:24Profile
dohzman

Rember you are the righteousnes of God IN Christ Jesus

We approach God by Faith in our prayers. That way no matter how we feel we know that because of what Jesus had done for us and is doing in heaven presently for us we can boldly approach the throne of grace to recieve mercy and grace to help in a time of need. Don't let the devil fool you into thinking that your prayers are less effective while you're going through dry times(speaking to myself here too). Often times that's when we'er closest to the answers we need, that way we learn not to trust in our fleshly feelings or outward circumstances, but In God Who is over all. So be encouraged and press on. Bro. Daryl

2005/6/2 18:44Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Rember you are the righteousnes of God IN Christ Jesus

Had a good time witnessed to one of my former friends housemate offered him my bible but got attacked purity wise and listened to a semi liberal tape which wasnt good !! pray that i pray I have got so much to pray and cant get to the next level I want the local nightclub to be saved and for gods Glory to go into that!! I am a mess and I need Jesus, Your last prayers really helped. Whatever you do do it unto the Lord whether eating or drinking!!!
I need Jesus and I need Help to purify me and wash me clean and help me sort out the mess I need prayer for my cu tommorow aswell
My friend jon needs prayer still

2005/6/6 21:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy