SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SermonIndex Mobile site (beta)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SermonIndex Mobile site (beta)

Dear saints,

A brother has been helping to get the SermonIndex site mobile friendly. So on an ipad and iphone and mobile phones the site should be showing more clearly an easier to read. This is part of also getting the site ranked back onto google and other search engines for mobile device searches. They will only rank sites that are "mobile friendly".

Please share any issues or how it looks for you. I am especially interested how it looks on ipad or other tablets.

even putting a link to a screenshot could be helpful.

2016/5/19 7:10Profile

Re: SermonIndex Mobile site (beta)

Hey Greg,
Yes, it looks typically "Mobile" on an IOS device. It was done well. Hey, I may be the 1 in 100 guy exception, but I actually don't like/prefer "Mobile Format". When I normally go to other sites & it forces me into "Mobile Mode", I instantly look for the "Full Site" tab at the bottom to navigate the full site normally. I don't see that option anywhere? How can I get back to the standard "Full Site" mode on my IPhone so I can use my Safari browser just as if I was on my MacBook/Laptop?
Thanks,
Jeff

2016/5/19 8:27
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

brother,

almost everything is the same except the left hand column is taken out of the mobile site and the top right links in the header of the site. Other then that everything is still there. If there are any critiques of how to make it better please let me know.

We still have to test this on an ipad, it would be wonderful to see a few screenshots of the site in mobile mode on the ipad.

"I instantly look for the "Full Site" tab at the bottom to navigate the full site normally. I don't see that option anywhere?"

We will look into if this is possible.

2016/5/19 9:55Profile

Re:

Greg like the new format since I use a mobile device. But after one post. How do you get back to the board. I wind up having to close out the app. And then come back on again. Is there a way to get back to the front discussion page?

2016/5/19 10:17

Re:

It seems like after I post. I have to close out the app. And then come back into SI to get back to the board.

2016/5/19 10:21
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

brother,

Are you able to take a screenshot of what happens after you post? It worked well for my wife just like on the desktop? Are you using a special internet browser?

2016/5/19 14:27Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Bro. Greg check your gmail. I sent you an iPad screenshot.

2016/5/19 15:02Profile

Re:

Greg don't know how to do a screenshot on an Android. I am using Chrome as my internet browser. Blaine

2016/5/19 15:08

Re:

I can post all right. And I can get to the discussion page. But it's after I post I cannot get back to the homepage. What I have to do is leave the website and reenter again to get back to the home page after I post.

Hope this makes sense.

2016/5/19 15:12
followthelamb

Re:

Brother Blaine,

Not sure if this will work for you but after posting, the way I go back to the home page is by clicking on the SermonIndex logo/banner at the top.

Blessings!

2016/5/19 15:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy