SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "Grace, Guarantee and Solid Faith" - Dustin Horstmann

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
yuehan

"Grace, Guarantee and Solid Faith" - Dustin Horstmann

Grace, Guarantee and Solid Faith:

Rom. 4:16 "That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring..."

We all know it is through faith that we overcome. And we all know what it is like to waver in faith and start to lose, the very first thing being loss of peace.

I want to tell you the key to solid faith. It is grace.

Where God's promises are based on grace, there is a guarantee. When God's promises are based on performance, there is wavering because we are never sure we are doing enough.

So, when you see yourself wavering, you need to ask, "Why do I believe God will bless me and give me favor?"

Really, we need to answer this question to discover what we really stand on in life. Is it Jesus' performance or our performance?

If you rely on your performance in any way, you will not be able to receive from God. Truly, your heart will remain closed because you will never be sure you are doing enough. You will remain vulnerable to sin, sickness and financial problems.

On the other hand, if you see that Christ is your righteousness apart from works (Rom. 4) and that He has forgiven you for all time (Heb. 10), you will say, "Because of Jesus, God's promises are guaranteed."

Remember:

You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. You have been perfected for all time. This is through grace and not works. Therefore, it is guaranteed. Rest in Him and find your heart opening to receive all the blessings in God's kingdom for you to make you more than a conqueror.

2016/5/19 0:53Profile

Re: "Grace, Guarantee and Solid Faith" - Dustin Horstmann

Dustin Wrote:

If you rely on your performance in any way, you will not be able to receive from God. Truly, your heart will remain closed because you will never be sure you are doing enough. You will remain vulnerable to sin, sickness and financial problems.

On the other hand, if you see that Christ is your righteousness apart from works (Rom. 4) and that He has forgiven you for all time (Heb. 10), you will say, "Because of Jesus, God's promises are guaranteed."
-----------------

This is so true.

Your confidence must be in HIS faithfulness to you - You can trust in HIS HOLD on you - not your hold on Him.

"not I, but Christ liveth in me"

2016/5/19 8:13

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy