SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Has God Placed Hooks in the Jaws of America ... and if so Why? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

Has God Placed Hooks in the Jaws of America ... and if so Why? ...

While sitting watching the evening news the other day it flashed that the U.S. Senate Republicans and Democrats had come to an agreement on the Dem's prolific abuse of the "filibuster" against Republican nominated Justices for the Supreme Court ... It was then that in rapt awe i marveled to our Lord, "Lord, are You still in the business of putting hooks in the jaws of nations"! ... He's done so in the past, will do so in the future, and i believe He's doing it right now with America ...

I've said this before but shortly after 9/11 while re-watching and re-watching that horror, Holy Spirit said to me in essence, "America's (idol) economy is destroyed, America's (idol) Military is crippled, but I have spared America's Government" ... God, by the likes of Scott Beamer and crew, made sure that last plane didn't strike our Government ... Why? ... Because somehow (i believe) our Government, presently under George Bush (now in his second term), has its date with His will to fulfill ... The following is a "word/writing" i recieved from our Lord shortly after 9/11 that was posted on "The Called" web-site till just recently ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]A WARNING: A SCENARIO FOR WW III[/b]
originally posted: 9/24/01

While ferverently praying concerning the horrors of 9/11/01 I heard the Lord our God say, "Is this you I hear O America. My wayward son, my second prodigal. You who have erred in My Christianity, the same as thine elder brother Israel in their worship of Me. Is this you I finally hear calling, God Bless Me, when you have turned your face from Me. Lip service you have offered upon My altar. Donning an outward vestige of My Godliness, but like white washed graves - inside you are full of decay. I thought I was dead to you, but in your time of travail you call? You have become an idolater, when I have told you that I am jealous, exacting exclusive devotion, and that you are to have no other gods before Me. Filthy mammon cannot save you from your reaping, nor your weapons of war. Only I can turn back the savage hand that strikes. Turn thine other cheek. Vengeance is mine, I shall repay"

But how can we, as a nation, turn the other cheek to such horrific events as took place on Sept.11? But the larger question is what do we chance to ignite in our fit of self-righteous indignation, when we remain blinded to the fact that the real war is spiritual, invisible, and incapable of being seen thru the eyes of intellectualism and emotionalism? We have forgotten God, and replaced Him with our faith in our wealth, and in our own military might. And now the mighty find ourselves uncovered of His divine protection, and allowed to be chastised by a plague of deadly gnats. If we truly recognized this ghastly event as a clarion call to repentance, we as a nation could take this as an opportunity of global spiritual leadership, exemplifying Christ, and "forgiving (this time) those who have trespassed against us". So that if it were to ever happen again, there would be no hardship in forming a global coalition amongst the free world, against terrorism. But we won't do this, for we are still obscure to the fact that our hands are far from clean internationally, and that it is because of OUR national sin(s) that God has disciplined us so harshly.

[b]We as a nation now stand at the edge of the very self same precipice, that in the past we've so desperately pleaded the tiny state of Israel from which not to leap. And now we ourselves are about to make that jump, by massive retaliation for this unbearable wrong. I just pray that Pres. Bush, we American people, and our allies realize that once we're in free fall, there is no turning back! We Americans may soon choose to be the Satanic catalyst of the world crisis that will prepare the way of the AntiChrist. The third world conflict![/b] For he is the man that comes to the fore with the perfect plan of peace that will quell this impending global destruction. At least for a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

True there seems to be no mention of America the nation in all the Bible prophecies pointing to the end time scenario of The Revelation, but i believe that America via our new neo-con led philosophy of "The New American Century" manifested in this power/energy grabbing Iraq war situation could very well be the "ignition" to the fuse toward WW III, and if this be the case then that fuse is already lit and only God nows just how long the fuse is ... This country since the 60's, the time when it declared that God was dead, has been in steady and escalating spiritual, ethical, moral and economic decline, and like a fine mansion still appearing solid on the outside, has become structurally compromised by decades of invisible satanic/demonic termite damage, the mother-lode of decay beginning in 1973 with Roe vs Wade and the government sanctioned murder of the unborn ... But now God has either allowed, tho i say chosen, a man as President of the U.S. bent on stacking the Supreme Court toward the overturning of Roe vs Wade, after all that's what this whole strife amongst the Repub's and Dem's, Conservatives and Liberals is all about, a woman's right to choose ... Seems from the 60's the Liberals have had their way in America, but the questions now arise ... Why "now" have evangelical Christian's been startled out of our usual stupor toward political activism against the ills of the so called "left"? ... What has God in mind for the American Church and State at this time toward His continuation toward "Thy Kingdom come on earth? ... And why some 50 years hence does it seem that our God has willed a sudden "right turn" in/for America? ... Of course what He really wants is a "u-turn" of repentance, and i believe that's exactly what will come out of the hooks i believe He's placed in this nations jaws that has precipitated this turn toward the right in the first place ... Suddenly politically active saints still groggy from so long our inactivity of spiritual warfare may be thinking that the present political right turn will be enough to beat down the devil and ward off God's judgment, but this is but the begining of our God awakening us to the full understanding that what He's ultimately after from us is a major spiritual "u-turn" toward the very abysing of the devil himself ...

Seems to me that no matter what you think of President George Bush God has him in position according to His own will and plan, and with that being the case i think it safe to say that God (via the actions of the Bush administration) does seem to have certainly shaken the globe out of it's once euphoric state of its "peace and security" mode after the fall of Communism, and now He seems to be doing the very same thing within our own political confines ... It seems to me that by Pres. Bush God has put hooks into the jaws of our Liberal Senate and is turning them (with the aid of the aged wisdom of the venerable Senator Robert Byrd who has reminded all that it's about what's best for America the nation and not either political party) ... But as so many of the pundits have stated in the aftermath of this downplayed yet historic event, the Bush administration is forcing the turn even deeper towards the right ...

i find it so fascinating that at the very onset of an unprecedented devestating American economic decline and military sub-suffieciency that both Church and State are about to have their finest hour in His plan ... [b]The most amazing things can God accomplish thru us when He's all that we've got to rely on[/b] , for as the old saints in my assignment often say, "God can make a way out of no way" ... Satan has to be screaming a blue streak of obscenities right about now as he witnesses what may be the undoing of all that he's attempted in cancelling out the American Church and nation ... i've also said this before that no matter what you may think of President George Bush as to his being saved or a perpetrator, his neo-con taint, his Iraq War policy, or whatever, i think via his assignment to power God has granted this nation, and His Church in this nation a time of reprieve, an extended "grace" period, a unique window of "spiritual" opportunity and service ... Case in point being that more and more in my Christian channel surfing, between the usual tripe, i'm more frequently hearing the need for and prayers for "Revival" being spoken of more and more (same with Christian radio) ... Even an old friend who knows how long i've been proclaiming the coming Revival has taken note of it and suprisedly commented the same ... Why just last night i watched Benny Hinn (who by the way has cut his hair - there's hope yet saints), Jan Crouch and others fervently pray repentant prayers for "awakening and Revival" in America ... i've not seen any of them do that before ... So while what God has in store as to His ultimate use of America as a Ship of State in this world is not so clear to me (tho i do believe i see His almighty hand altering this State), what He has in store for His American Church is not so fuzzy ... That "hand sized cloud" that i spoke of seeing on the horizon last year has grown saints, and is growing ...

[b]i'm telling you ALL - it's about to rain! ... [/b][u][i][b][size=medium][color=0066FF]REVIVAL'S COMING! [/color][/size][/b][/i][/u]

2005/5/25 16:07Profile
Rahman

Re: Has God Placed Hooks in the Jaws of America ... and if so Why? ...

Apparently the Bush administration was about to play real "hardball" with the Democratic Senate by outlawing the "filibuster" by something called "the nuclear option" ... It made 14 Senators (Rep's and Dem's) get together to agree that tho the "filibuster" will remain, the Dem's have to agree to the letting thru of some of Pres. Bush's so called "right wing" niminees to the Supreme Court, although the Dem's still turn "green" at the thought of Justice Scalia or Thomas heading the Court ...

Will Roe vs. Wade be overturned? ... Time will tell ...

Below are the events as documented on Washington Journal ... Interesting ...

Panel on Potential Judicial Nomination Filibuster Rule Changes:
4/25/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc042505_nuclear.rm

Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE) discusses the judicial nomination process and possible use of the "nuclear option" in approving nominees.
5/10/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc_wj051005_nelson.rm

Sarah Binder, Co-Author of "Politics or Principle? Filibustering in the U.S. Senate":
5/18/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc_wj051805_binder.rm

For the second time in a week, Senate Judiciary Chairman Arlen Specter called on party leaders from both sides to end preparations for detonation of the "nuclear option":
5/20/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/senate052005.rm

Senators Press Conference on Judicial Nominees Compromise:
5/23/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc052305_filibuster1.rm

"Kevin McCullough Live" on WMCA-AM, discuss the filibuster, judicial selection, and politics:
WASHINGTON JOURNAL:
5/24/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc_wj052405_hosts.rm

John Stanton, Reporter for CongressDaily, discusses the judicial filibuster:
5/24/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc_wj052405_stanton.rm

Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) discusses the judicial filibuster compromise:
5/25/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc_wj052505_feingold.rm

Senator Johnny Isakson (R-GA) discusses the judicial filibuster compromise:
5/25/05
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/sc/sc_wj052505_isakson.rm