SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Tithing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wsbg

Earth

Tithing

Hello. Good day. I am wondering about where the tithing must go of Christians? I understand that the Christian is supposed to tithe 10% of their income, but what if they already have a wealthy church or a church that has all its needs met. Could a Christian then divide tithing among Christian ministries and the local church. Like, for example I think that if a person donates say 5% of their income to the local church and 5% to the Salvation Army or Gideons they would still be tithing to the church, just it would be the extended church or greater church body as compared to the local church. Am I thinking along the right lines?

Another situation might be if a church member has a car accident and they can't afford repairs to their car, can a Christian divert a portion of their tithings to help them pay for what they couldn't otherwise cover (so that they can still get to work). Would one be able to divert tithing to this? I'm assuming in this scenario that the person tithing is not wealthy and they can only tithe about 10% because they are below the poverty line so that they can't afford charitable donations of greater than 10%.

Would this be okay? If there is any bible verse that details closely how tithing is to be done please let me know. Thank you for your help. God Bless You!

:-)

2005/5/25 14:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Tithing

Hi wsbg,

Mentioned this elsewhere but do a search on 'tithing' utilizing the search box at the top of the home page. There is quite a bit to wade through and to consider before perhaps begining to answer this.

Plus it will help to keep it in a context already established.

2005/5/25 15:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy