SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Life and Ministry of Theodore Austin-Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I read and re read parts of it. Pondering.

2016/5/16 15:30Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The Life and Ministry of Theodore Austin-Sparks

Whenever you listen to teachings by Lance Lambert, not only will you hear the Word of God preached, but our dear brother had so many fascinating stories to tell.

Brother Lance was called to intercession at a very young age, and as his ministry grew, he became connected to intercessors all over the world. In his teachings on intercession, he tells stories of some of these dear saints that interceded for their nations, and fought a tremendous battle of prayer warfare against the enemy.

Lance Lambert, T. Austin Sparks, Watchman Nee all had one thing in common and that is their ministries highlighted the preeminence of Jesus Christ.

My wife and I attended one of the Christian family conferences some years back and were very blessed by the teachings of Lance Lambert, Steven Kaung, DeVern Fromke, and others.

2016/5/16 19:54Profile

Re: Christian family conference

"My wife and I attended one of the Christian family conferences some years back and were very blessed by the teachings of Lance Lambert, Steven Kaung, DeVern Fromke, and others."

I am jealous brother Mike:-) I saw that bro Steven is one of the speakers again this year...he must be close to 100 years old now???

2016/5/16 20:11
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

The conferences are always so far from here, it seems. Roy Daniel, for example. I wish these gatherings were close to home! :)

2016/5/16 20:37Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Mark.

You are right. Brother Stephen is in his 90's and still teaches in various conferences. In many of his teachings he shares about his relationship with Brother Watchman Nee.

Short Biography:

"Stephen Kaung, a Christian teacher originally from Mainland China, was the son of a well-known Methodist minister. He became a Christian at an early age and was at first active in the Methodist Church. In the early 1930's, he met Watchman Nee for the first time and he later became his co-worker in China. He worked with Nee in China until 1949 when he left the country and became involved with Christian work in other areas of the Far East. In 1952, Kaung moved to New York City to join a "Little Flock" assembly which included immigrants as well as missionaries returned from China. In 1957, following trouble within the group, Kaung moved to San Francisco to join another church there. The following year, he moved back to New York after travelling to Europe with Witness Lee. In 1971, he moved to Washington D.C., but periodically travelled back to the New York group to speak and hold conferences. However, in 1973, Kaung stopped associating with the Local Church and continued with his own ministry. Throughout the 1960's, Kaung worked closely with T. Austin-Sparks

Stephen Kaung's major work has been to translate the writings of Watchman Nee into English, over 50 titles, which have been published by Christian Fellowship Publishers (CFP) in Richmond, Virginia, where Kaung continues to minister today.

Stephen Kaung currently resides in Richmond."

2016/5/16 20:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy