SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  If you only pray few minutes daily then you are not doing anything spiritually.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

If you only pray few minutes daily then you are not doing anything spiritually.

The amount of hours you spent in TRUE PRAYER will determine how far you will go in life. If you only pray few minutes daily then you are not doing anything spiritually. The limited time Jesus Christ placed for daily prayer is ONE HOUR. “And he cometh unto the disciple, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me ONE HOUR”. Matt. 26:40. Learn to pray long if you want to overcome SIN and SATAN.

2016/5/14 8:21Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: If you only pray few minutes daily then you are not doing anything spiritually.

Quote:
The amount of hours you spent in TRUE PRAYER will determine how far you will go in life.

Arthur,

No offense but this kind of has a ring of deadness of letter to it. One can be diligent in the flesh and pray for an hour daily and then think that they've done their part and now God must do His part. I know this from experience. Yes, prayer and Bible study are vital to Christian life but they can actually become idols.

When Christ Himself is the center and truly the desire of the heart then prayer becomes a natural part of intimacy with Him, so also time in the Word. So perhaps it would be more accurate to say that the depth of your knowledge of the Lord will determine how far you go in life.

Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning in the original post, maybe I'm straining at gnats, but these were just the thoughts that came to mind when I read it. The Lord bless you brother.

In Christ,

2016/5/14 13:00Profile

Re: If you only pray few minutes daily then you are not doing anything spiritually.

"The amount of hours you spent in TRUE PRAYER will determine how far you will go in life."

If only it were that simple...a mere mathematical formula.

Fortunately "how far" you go with God is not based on our works (of any description) but on faith and humility.

Jesus could not find anyone with more faith in all of Israel than the "heathen" Roman centurion who considered himself too unworthy to trouble the Lord, yet believed that God would save his dying servant.

2016/5/14 13:28
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If you only pray few minutes daily then you are not doing anything spiritually

As pointed out there is definitely not a formula of exact times to get results with God, etc. But we do have to be honest with ourselves that many find it hard to have seasons of long prayer with the Lord, waiting and prevailing with God. Any of the godly men featured on SermonIndex are those who have daily walks with God in private prayer.

In the underground Chinese church there is one family church network that all the co-workers pray for 2 hours a day. It is basically required there as being a full-time worker. Most of the underground rural Chinese family churches pray for 1 hour at 5am everyday. This is a practice they do and find it important to their devotion to Jesus Christ. And the results are evident that the Chinese Church is growing very fast and spiritually their are disciplined and counting the cost with the Lord.

Would it not do good for the North America Church to pray more and seek the face of God saying no to the flesh. I take this as a conviction to seek to pray more before the Lord, who empowers.

"A boy who rises at 4:30 to deliver papers is ok, but to urge our young people to rise at 5:30 to pray is considered fanaticism." -Ravenhill

2016/5/14 13:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy