SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me

My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. - Psalm 131:1

Mankind has always sought after knowledge and understanding. In the garden of eden men choose this knowledge over the tree of life and wisdom (Genesis 2:17). Having great knowledge and information does not change one's life to be godly but rather can separate yourself from God. When Adam and Eve took of this tree they were separated from communion with God. Knowledge in the end if not submitted into God's ways produces enmity against God himself. Such knowledge brings pride and haughtiness into the heart of men. The psalmist knew of the dangers of such high-thinking and the place of confusion and lack of peace it brings. When we humble ourselves like a little child and realize we cannot explain all things in this life, that is when we begin to have communion with God. When we submit our mind and plans to God's will and ways then life is there. It is in simple following of Jesus that we find rest, contentment and peace. Confusion and in the end the questioning of God's authority stems from the seeking of man's knowledge alone. When we walk in humility we say Lord I cannot figure this life out. We also can strive to figure out the Church and how God is working in the world, in the end we need to just be a child and follow the Lord's plan (Ephesians 2:10).

Abraham received communication and instruction from the Lord and it was not the 100 year plan or some great elaborate direction. Rather God simply said to him to go and trust him. Abraham "obeyed and went" (Hebrews 11:8). He trusted by faith in God's plan and did not concern himself with great matters. If God chooses to use us in his kingdom work in any significant way it should not be our concern. Such things are too great for us and we need to just follow him. Charles Swindoll says, "God presents the Sabbath rest as a shelter we can enter. (Hebrews 4:1-11)." It is in resting in the Lord's presence and seeking our minds at rest with him that great peace and shelter is over us. Have you been so busy in your mind seeking knowledge and trying to figure everything out? Come to the Lord, humble yourself, be in his rest. All things will work out as we follow his direction and ways for our lives. Heavenly Father, I come to you today, weary and burdened by so many great things, I choose today to humble my mind and heart in your presence. I choose your way as a simple child of yours, lead me. Amen.

2016/5/14 6:26Profile
ArthurRosh

Re: I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me

Thank you.

2016/5/14 7:47Profile
ArthurRosh

Re: I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me

bump

2016/10/19 2:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy