SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pious sayings vs holiness, sayings that have no scriptural basis

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Charity begins at home.

Clean hands, pure heart.

This one is never mistaken from Scripture but it is just as good as the others that aren't: If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas .

2016/5/13 13:25Profile

Re:

Amen, PP. Omission is how Satan works and I would add, he uses addition, too (excuse the pun).

That is why Jesus said, "not to ADD or TAKE AWAY from His Word."

He knows the Enemy omits and adds to His Word.

And then of course today, the Word is just paraphrased... Satan's thoughts to man's thoughts to you...gift wrapped!

And, as Jessie Penn-Lewis stated, "Satan needs a few good teachers in which to float his lies".

Yes, "respected men", "Biblical Scholars", are the best subjects to use in getting the masses to accept Satan's lies.

1) "God allowed this. He always acts in your best interest."
I guess we can blame God for all the bad things that happen to us. This thought absolves us of any self-responsibility. Maybe this is why the world thinks Christians are so unstable. They see many in the Church blaming God for messing up their lives. But the Word says:

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life that both thou
and thy seed may live:” God gives man freedom of choice.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you ,Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

2) "Genuine Surrender says, "if this problem, pain, sickness or circumstance is needed to fulfill your purpose and glory in my life, please don’t take it away."

Is this a doctrine of demons or what?

James 5:14-15 Is there any sick among you, Let them call the elders… And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

We are not called to surrender to our circumstances of sin, and sickness. These keep us from having a productive life. We don't have to surrender to anything trying to destroy our homes or our lives. We don't have to surrender to poverty, either. We surrender to God by living according to His word and that does not include surrendering to defeat. "We are called and equipped to rule in the midst of our enemies".

"LAZINESS" in studying to show oneself approved (sloppy hermeneutics), "DISHONESTY" in presenting the Word of God (because it does not agree with our preconceived bias), LACK OF RESPECT for the authority of God's Word and LIVING BY EMOTIONS, allow Satan a fertile field in which to whisper into the "ear" that which "sounds good" and "makes sense".

"Feel good" sayings that pervert the truth.

1) "Your job is not to judge. You job is not figure out if someone deserves something. Your job is to lift the fallen, to restore the broken, and to heal the hurting." (Judging is showing discretion and discernment)

2) "Find a partner who can bear all your weak points and still not use them against you." (Really? Is that how we look for a partner? More like looking for an "Enabler")

3) "If it will make you happy realize that you're WORTH IT, believe that you DESERVE it and then FIGHT FOR IT." (No explanation, necessary!)

2016/5/13 13:29
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

I'm gaining a lot out of this thread and really appreciate it. It's very practical and applicable to where I'm at right now because I'm examining my entire life under the microscope of the scriptures and His light. This gives me yet another area to examine. It's not been fun or easy by any means, but it's been absolute cause for JOY!

Yet another way God is using SermonIndex and it's members to affect His kingdom... and I'm grateful.

2016/5/13 13:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE: "And remember, God helps those who help themselves."

Welllll.... Scriptures has nothing flattering to say about slothfulness.

Sandra

2016/5/13 14:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy