SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : End Times Bible Code

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bro_willy

End Times Bible Code

Hey gang,
I've been studying some Bible Code transcription lately and I was wondering if you guys thought the when we're told to study the scriptures and find out dates like Daniel if that meant to study bible codes? I've been studying lately and I may have discovered some interesting details previously unknown to man.

2016/5/11 21:45Profile
browny

Re: End Times Bible Code

A good read on this item is this book ;

Cosmic Codes.

Hidden messages from the edge of eternity.

By Chuck Missler.

Reading this book will give you a glimps on the astonishing hidden messages in the Bible. I think it is a well ballanced written book.

There are many types of hidden codes in the Bible like the eguidistant letter seguences.( only, be aware that many people who are "playing" with the ELS code and are talking nonsens.....be alwayse carefull what source you take your information from....)

2016/5/12 0:02Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re: End Times Bible Code

I have to preface my comment by saying, "I am not a wise man." Nothing I say is the last word on anything. And I can only speak from my own personal experience.

During my years as a hermit, I only had the internet to keep me busy. (I haven't even owned a TV in 15 years.) In that time, I would watch more sermons and YouTube videos in a week than any pastor could preach in a year. I'm not exaggerating. Because of this, I became personally and closely familiar with every craze, phase, revelation, mystery, secret society, sign, wonder, miracle, theory, plot, prophecy, puzzle, dream, vision, and word from the Lord that's been proclaimed. You name it, I probably know it. If I were to describe the extent of it, your head would explode from the sheer volume of information. If I told you about how bombarding myself with years (italics, bold and underline "years") of this stuff affected me, it would make your heart hurt. It was a living hell.

Bible codes? I'm familiar with them and the people who research and study them; from Rabbi's to YouTubers, whether they be nut jobs, deceivers or sincere seekers of the Truth.

Bible codes are something that I believe people need to speak about with caution and discernment, but also with respect and the fear of the Lord. This is God's actual words that are being handled. That's never to be done lightly or casually. Anyone treating Bible Codes like a Ouija board to predict the future is treading on thin ice and playing with fire... at the same time. And we all know fire and ice don't mix.

But, to dismiss the Bible codes as fake or a complete deception, and doing THAT casually or flippantly, is equally as unwise.

That said, the Bible is very complex, and very simple, at the same time. Is it possible that God hid messages in His Word to be discovered during these last days? Absolutely. There were prophecies that people couldn't understand for centuries that today, we DO understand. At the same time, God wants us to understand His Word. I'm of the belief that simply reading the scriptures is all we need. And I don't see any hints, or examples, of Bible codes being used in the teachings in the scriptures.

Like many things, there's a great danger of getting caught up in Bible codes. I've seen many people on YouTube change their doctrinal beliefs based on what they (or someone they follow on YouTube) profess to have found in the Bible codes. I have seen people go from seemingly normal to outright weird and wacky.

Then there's the fact that Bible code methods and interpretations depend widely upon each code searchers bias, understanding, and perspective. I've seen one code searcher take another code searcher's table and interpret it in a completely different way, often adding, subtracting or "correcting" what the other had. Part of discernment is learning who the code searcher himself is... but multitudes don't even think about that. The enemy is drastically underestimated when it comes to his abilities to deceive. If the Bible codes ARE real, then WHICH code searcher is to be believed with all the variances out there?

Not to mention that there are too many code searchers who haven't given a thought about how their research and interpretations are going to affect those who listen to them. I've seen subscribers on YouTube get pretty messed up by this. It's not pretty.

I just don't think the Bible codes are something to be dabbled in, especially out of curiosity. I believe it's entirely possible that God COULD HAVE created Bible codes. But, I don't see the need for them because there are many scriptures that say the scriptures themselves are enough. If someone is going to research Bible codes, it should be done ONLY after prayer, fasting and seeking the Lord to ask if it's HIS will for you to do so. Examine your motives. Ask yourself what it is you're wanting to accomplish by doing this because it doesn't come without responsibility.

Like I said, real or not, they're the very words of God that are being handled. And that's never to be done casually or lightly. And from my personal experience, I myself found it best to not get involved. If God wants me to know about a particular Bible code, then I trust that He's a big enough God to make sure I hear about it and confirms it in my spirit.

2016/5/12 1:02Profile
browny

Re:

Well spoken AlmostHome!
Amen to that!

The autor of the book I mentioned is showing there are codes in the Bible and is also warning for for error type of things people bring up when they get involved digging in this code "phenomenon"

Indeed there is a great spiritual danger and, as you are saying......

"I just don't think the Bible codes are something to be dabbled in, especially out of curiosity. I believe it's entirely possible that God COULD HAVE created Bible codes. But, I don't see the need for them because there are many scriptures that say the scriptures themselves are enough. If someone is going to research Bible codes, it should be done ONLY after prayer, fasting and seeking the Lord to ask if it's HIS will for you to do so. Examine your motives. Ask yourself what it is you're wanting to accomplish by doing this because it doesn't come without responsibility."

Be Blessed,
browny.

2016/5/12 1:53Profile
browny

Re:

The book of Ruth as macrocode.
....Boaz, who is in the role of a Goel, or Kinsman-redeemer....etc....

Esther #5 Macrocodes in Esther Part 1 by Chuck Missler

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11983&commentView=itemComments

Topic: Esther
Description: The name Esther means 'something hidden', Martin Luther argues that the book should be removed from the canon of scripture and one of his main reasons was that the book doesn't even mention the name of the Lord, but Luther was wrong because Esther does mention the name of God it's just encoded in the text. The Bible is full of different codes from equadistant letter sequences to macrocodes, the Word of God has depth which can never be fathomed, the interesting point about some of the codes is that encoded words are always found in passages where the plain text bears some relevence to the encoded word, a phenomenon which is unique to the Bible. The Hebrew name for Jesus, Y'shua is found in the Old testament over 5,500 times including all major messianic prophecies and even to the extent in Isaiah 53 encoded in the text is 'Yshua is my name'. Incredible! Another interesting point is the title Pilate wrote and placed on the cross above the Lord 'Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews' where in Hebrew the first letter of each word spells 'YHWH' the unutterable name of God that He revealed to Moses. Definitiely a message for anyone interested in Bible codes.

Esther #6 Macrocodes in Esther Part 2 by Chuck Missler.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11984&commentView=itemComments

Topic: Esther
Description: Macrocodes are hidden codes within a body of information that are encrypted within over a wide section of the information, within the Word of God they are better known as types. Dr Missler puts forward the argument that the book of Esther is not only a facinating and dramatic narrative but is also as story of our own redemption. The book starts with the king (who represents our soulish nature) and his fall and seperation from the queen (the spiritual side), but the king searches out a another queen and is united with her, unknown to him though is that the new queen Esther is a child of adoption to Mordecai the Jew (who represents the Spirit of God). Haman and his sons represent the flesh and the works of the flesh respectively, interestingly the meanings of each of Hamans sons names is a different attribute of the fallen nature of man, whether indepence or self righeousness etc. Using the types that Dr Missler puts forward we have to ask who rules within us, is it Haman (the flesh) or Mordecai (the Spirit). Interestingly the king is unaware of Haman's true intent until he is exposed by the Esther, Haman is deposed and later put to death, as the flesh must be as the flesh can perform many 'godly' works but will never surrender as long as we are this side of eternity, and Mordecai given rule of the empire. Who rules in our hearts?

2016/5/12 2:15Profile
dohzman

Re:

I have enjoyed this thread, personally I have read and listened to Misler s stuff on this subject matter and find it interesting ....but....it is a little over my head, I was going to dive into it real heavy about a year ago but felt a gentle check not to and with that the understanding that one of the things we will have in heaven is time to study and understand the Word of God in its infinite perfections. I do believe The Lord has raised up sound teachers of this subject for the here and now, but like Keith and others mentioned I think it is a subject to be approached with caution and discernment.

2016/5/12 9:53Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

I love Chuck Missler but, yes, he has a tendency to go over my head, too! I've come to the point that if I'm having trouble understanding something, and I've put forth some effort to do so, then it's just not something that needs to be on my plate at that moment.

This especially goes for anything extra-biblical.

2016/5/12 12:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy