SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : What's the Holy Spirit doing in YOUR life right now?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

What's the Holy Spirit doing in YOUR life right now?

I've posted about what God has been doing in my life in a couple of threads. To be honest, I'm so excited about it that I can't wait to see what He's going to do next! Folks have been so gracious, patient, encouraging, loving and kind to me in those threads and I'm so grateful!

But now I want to know what's going on in YOUR lives! What is the Holy Spirit doing in you? Not only will this give me a chance to get to know folks here more, but I think this is a great opportunity for all us to encourage, support and remember to lift each other before the Lord. We could get caught up with each other. Sometimes life interferes and we get busy. Sometimes a little too busy. And, if you're like me, posting what the Holy Spirit is doing in your life might help you evaluate and re-prioritize some things!

I'll start... and be brief!

Right now, all I want is Him. I've put aside absolutely everything and am spending as much time as I can with Him. Eternity is coming and this is our training ground. This is the only time we have to affect eternity. And I am DETERMINED with the fierceness of 2,000 burning suns, to spend all that I am and have for the rest of my time on this earth getting to know, love and worship Him! Everything in my life that has no eternal value is gone. The theme of my life right now is this:

"Trust, abide and obey. Leave the results up to Him. Look to Jesus and be eternally-minded."

The Holy Spirit has spent a very long time getting (a very stubborn) me to the point where I'm an invisible nobody with nobody to turn to or rely on in any way. And I mean that very literally. I am completely reliant on Him for every single need. During the last few years, He's proven that I can trust Him with EVERY need, so there you go. I have no attachments to anything in this world and could easily, and happily, walk out my front door with nothing but my Bible and go where He leads me. I choose to believe every word of the scriptures and trust them no matter what things look like or how I feel. My aim in instant, unquestioning obedience without seeking my own understanding first. I want the words "Yes, Lord," to be the most common words to come out of my mouth.

I could not be more serious.

2016/5/10 17:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: What's the Holy Spirit doing in YOUR life right now?

The HS us trying to get me to start a prayer meeting for our church. I am too busy quenching at the moment.

2016/5/10 18:03Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

Wow, thanks Todd! The Holy Spirit must have a work planned for that prayer group! If it would help motivate you, there's a half hour video on here, and YouTube about Asbury Revival of 1970 (at Asbury College in Kentucky) that began as a result of students who started a prayer group and committed to it, asking for God to move on them. And boy, did He ever! VERY inspiring!

I'd give anything to have a local body to pray with. Maybe there are others who are meant to be in that prayer group who feel the same way?

2016/5/10 18:28Profile
Sree

Re:

It is very difficult to realize what Holy Spirit is working in our life as He always does his work in secret.

The spirit is striving in my life to produce more discipline. To wake up early and read his word. Currently I am getting lost in the busy life.

The spirit is also teaching me to stay humble and keep my self in a usable state for the Lord.

2016/5/10 19:24Profile

Re: What's the Holy Spirit doing in YOUR life right now?

I think it was John Piper who said, "The Holy Spirit is always doing a 1,000 things in our lives. And we are typically aware of three of them." 😊

For me:
A crushing & a pruning work.
A deepening of my understanding on some things.
A work of helping me see how to be a better parent.
A work of preparing me for what's the "next phase" in my life & family. I want to be a part of what the Lord is doing in the earth, & I don't want to have regrets of where I "played it safe" & didn't go "all in for my Lord."
Also, Reminding me of a time where I knew less (which I don't want to return to), but my zeal/fire was more fervently burning (which I do want to return to).
And about 900+ other things most likely. 😊
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/10 20:08
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

Sreeram: Yes, that's true. Sometimes we don't notice what the Holy Spirit is doing in our lives until after it's been done. But I think, in general, we can usually get an idea by the tone of what's going on in, and around us.

I have prayed that God will encourage you and strengthen your desire to love and focus on Him, and to keep you out of the distractions that come from a busy life. God bless you!

----------------

Jeff: If the Holy Spirit is at work on a thousand things in my life, then I'm grateful that I'm NOT aware of all of them! Uff-da! Isn't it wonderful that He knows our limits even when we don't? Sometimes those limits are greater than we believe and He'll push us to those limits so our faith and trust will also be pushed and grow greater. It sounds like that's where He has you right now. You must feel like your someone's Stretch Armstrong doll right now! Just remember this to stay encouraged: The Holy Spirit clearly knows you're able to take it!

I have prayed that God would remind you of your First Love and that He would express it in a tangible way in your life to encourage and strengthen you. And that He would use your regrets to bring you into a deeper commitment to Him, redeeming the time you have left. (He just brought me out of a time of deep regrets myself.) God bless you!

2016/5/10 21:38Profile
Jasmine

Re:

I have no ideal. I just came through something so there's nothing on my plate right now that I know of. Just doing life, although I am gearing up to do a lot of great reading this Summer. I've already started a little of it and I am very excited. I do expect to be intellectually and spiritually challenged. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see some practical applications thrown in by the Lord along the way. So I'm looking forward to that...yeah!

I do like this question though...

2016/5/11 0:37Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

Hi Jasmine, nice to see you!

I think there's always something on our plates but, often, when we've just come through something, the Holy Spirit gives us a time to rest. Those can be wonderful times of refreshing!

Do you have certain books in store for your summer reading? After the scriptures, Lord willing, I have four books that I'd like to dive into this spring and summer:

1. Studies in the Sermon on the Mount, by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
2. The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer
3. God's Chosen Fast by Arthur Wallis
4. The Radical Christian by Arthur Wallis

Can't wait to hear what's on your reading list! Thanks for responding!

2016/5/11 16:26Profile

Re:

First a few words about my Christian life.
As a new believer I started to step out and wanted to do many things - all for Him.
But over the years I discovered that I also wanted to do it to get a bit a pat on the back, to have a purpose for my life.
It is not what We can do , it is what HE can do in us and through us. Even after many years for me this is still "learning in progress " and always will be.

In the last few years I tried to bring Christ to the "underprivileged " to the "darker places" in our city.
This has been very tough at times and sometimes I thought I stepped close to "hell" . But it is probably nothing compared to all the trials etc that Paul went through.

I have plans and ideas for the future. To go on holiday is one of them ;) I'm planning a trip overseas and will then find out if new doors will open for some new ministries

A few good books you can add to your list:

Not I but Christ by Roy Hession
Humility by Andrew Murray Free eBook
A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller

As the titles suggest this are not theological books, they are encouraging and building us up in our walk with the Lord. All the riches are in Christ !

2016/5/11 17:29

Re:

Love Andrew Murray & his book on humility is very good (& my favorites are "A Life of Power (in the Holy Spirit)" & "Holiest of All" (on the book of Hebrews - a big one).

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Phillip Keller book on "A Shephards Look at the 23rd Psalm". Read that again to my kids not too long ago. My kids will forever understand they don't want to be a "Mrs Gadabout". Excellent read. So much depth in the scriptures that gets "skimmed over" because our culture (& way of thinking/processing) is so different now. That book is a Good "mining job" to show us such depth the original readers would have inherently understood & known as shepherding was so common.

Anyways, just my 2 cents!

2016/5/11 17:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy