SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Seven Things WE Will Wish We Had Done Differently At The Judgment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Seven Things WE Will Wish We Had Done Differently At The Judgment

“I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.” Rev 20:11-15

I. We will wish we had been more serious about eternal things.
Heaven
Hell
Lost Souls
II. We will wish we had given more attention to the details of Scripture.
What God really required
What was really provided for us through the cross.
Truth over proof texts
III. We will wish we would have had more faith.
When the reality of it all is before us
When we see the fulness of His power
When we witness His authority
IV. We will wish we had truly confessed & repented of all know sin.
When we see His holiness
When His eyes of fire pierce into our innermost being
When we witness first hand the detailed nature of God’s memory
V. We will wish we had done more for God.
When we discover His true worth
When we are fully made aware of the love He had for us
When we comprehend His Lordship over everything
VI. We will wish we had not allowed the little things to hinder and distract us.
In light of what we will then know
In light of what we will then see
In light of what God has prepared for those who love Him
VII. We will wish we had loved God more.
No sermon or preacher or orator has ever fully verbalized the loveliness of God.
No author or pen has ever fully disclosed the wonderful glories of God.
When we see Him as He is, we will understand what has kept angels & saints enthralled and enraptured in His presence throughout the past millenniums.

Lastly, the wonderful truth about all of the needful and important things mentioned above is this: God has sent His Holy Spirit into our hearts to keep these things alive and at the forefront of out life. With the divine enablement of the Spirit, we can love God more & we can serve Him more faithfully. We can stand before Him unashamed. “Little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming”(1Jn 2:28).

2016/5/10 11:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Seven Things WE Will Wish We Had Done Differently At The Judgment

This is very sobering and true. Excellent post brother, Oh to love Jesus more now and to obey Him in all things.

John 14:21 New International Version (NIV)

21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

2016/5/10 12:37Profile

Re:

Yeah, amen! Excellent post. Also, anyone here who has by chance never heard the Leonard Ravenhill Sermon on SI entitled "The Judgement Seat of Christ" should definitely see it as worth a listen. On the Top 10-20 most powerfully anointed messages ever preached in my book. Ravenhill's "quintessential" sermon I think.

These things are worthy to consider & keep close to our minds & hearts: The Day of The Lord (the return of Jesus) & the Judgement.

As Ravenhill said,

"there are only two days on my calendar: today & judgement day"

"As John Wesley said, 'God stamp eternity on my eyeballs', & may I see everything through those lenses"

Worthy meditations indeed.

2016/5/10 14:32
frontier

osseo, mi usa

Re: Judgements

Excellent, but according to my theological understanding I'll only be a spectator at the Great White Throne Judgement and not an active participant. I will, however, be a participant at the Judgement Seat of Christ where the previous mentioned points are well taken.

2016/5/10 14:52Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

I couldn't be MORE excited about this thread! This topic is squarely and firmly on the front burner of my life. The back burners? Empty. Only this. I'm about to start a thread called "What's the Holy Spirit doing in YOUR life right now?" This thread is the subject of what my answer there will be. But, especially since I'm new here, I REALLY want to know what's going on with everyone else here. I hope everyone reading this will stop by and share. I think it could be a great spot to encourage and pray for each other.

As for this thread, I can't help but think of dear brother Leonard Ravenhill. His quotes are famous among Christians and are sermons in their own right. Regarding eternity, he said:

"Once inside eternity, we're going to be very embarrassed at the smallness of our faith."

That quote has never left me.

Then there's his more famous one:

"Paul never glamorized the gospel! It is not success, but sacrifice! It's not a glamorous gospel, but a bloody gospel, a gory gospel, and a sacrificial gospel! Five minutes inside eternity and we will wish that we had sacrificed more!!! Wept more, bled more, grieved more, loved more, prayed more, given more!!!"

2016/5/10 16:53Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The challenge of all truth is that we must not only know it and believe it, we must also live it and walk it out. God help me to do just that.

2016/5/11 8:48Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The challenge of all truth is that we must not only know it and believe it, we must also live it and walk it out. God help me to do just that.

2016/5/11 16:00Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Maybe I'm just a goofball, but here's the bottom line way of thinking I have about this:

If we KNOW that one day we'll be in heaven saying (and which of us won't be saying these things?), I wish that I had loved more, given more grace, been more patient, given more of my time, possessions, finances, shared Jesus more, etc., then we have a GOLDEN advantage right now!

This is one of those "going back in time" moments that we actually get to have! We're NOT in eternity yet! We still have TIME and OPPORTUNITIES to actually DO these things that we KNOW we're going to be saying one day! This is one of those, "If I knew THEN what I know NOW" kind of things!

Well, guess what? We DO know now what we WILL know then! Even if only in part. So, the question becomes: What are we going to do about it? Are they just pretty, reflective words or are we going to grab that golden opportunity by the brass ring and and DO more of these things?

Please tell me I'm not the only person who thinks this way!

2016/5/11 16:43Profile
dohzman

Re:

I believe you are right brother Keith, We go to heaven He wipes away every tear and we move on, no looking back. While here we can always repent and do the first works. You are not the only one:)

2016/5/11 21:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy