SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophecy/Deception/Occult ............... Brenda UK

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Prophecy/Deception/Occult ............... Brenda UK

I put Brenda in the title to flag her and ask if you would email me as a sister across the sea? I put my email in for viewing for you. And if you dont feel you ought to write me that is perfectly fine.

I dont mean to pressure you. There is no way to contact you privately.

Now my question to readers.

After listening to Bill Mcleod I wondered this.
I've been reading z3news. It is supposed to be Christian prophets hearing from the Lord. They are mostly in agreement that God has shown them that Obama is THE antichrist.

Now what I wondered is this...
If that is not so and these people are actually hearing from demons, then does that mean my reading what they say is me listeing to demons and practicing the occult? Like a spirit of needing to know, and that would be divination yes?

If they are misguided and wrong am I practicing the occult as if I were reading the horoscope, doing tarot, or the ouija board "finding out" what is, and what is coming through prophets but reading what they write or listening/watching what they say?

It seems the most dangerous times is now if we are int he end times because the biggest warning in the Bible is DECEPTION.

It was sure simpler 100 years ago. All you knew was Bible and what your pastor said on sunday. Now you can click click click yourself straight to hell. I do plan to not have internet in my home in a couple months. Then I have to actually go to the library which severely limits how much time can be spent, therefore how the time is spent.

So tell me is listening to these things practicing occult?

2016/5/10 7:22Profile

Re: Prophecy/Deception/Occult ............... Brenda UK

I have emailed.

2016/5/10 7:43
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

Sister,

I believe any prophets who are emphasizing dates, times and other things like this are usually false. Perhaps a true brother can feel the temptation to label things exactly for sense of recognition, ie if it comes true then they are popular and the "man of the hour" etc. This is a great danger of PRIDE and many can fall into this area in public ministry, especially prophetic ministry.

Jeremiah 14:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 Then the Lord said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries[a] and the delusions of their own minds.

I believe you have an excellent point towards the occult and the enemy can deceive some to say things that are revealed by demons and this is obviously an abomination to the Lord and a pseudo of the true work of the Holy Spirit.

I believe you are right that some like Balaam can start to error to prophesy and say things for the sake of MONEY and writing books. May God preserve His people from such in this day. They will play off peoples fears and insecurities. True prophets will never seek financial gain for their words.

2016/5/10 7:45Profile

No doubt the most counterfeited & attacked/assaulted gift/office is that of the prophet. But it doesn't then nullify the true gift, but in fact verifies it all the more. That's like why counterfeiters counterfeit 100's & not 1's, because the true 100's have real, substantial value. In my (limited) experience, Z3 is a "free for all" for any/all things which purport to be prophetic. So while there may be a genuine prophetic word here or there, it may be buried in dozens of "wannabe prophets" words. Pride is such a danger in prophesy that I do believe that most often (if not always) a truly prophetic man will be crushed & humbled repeatedly by the Lord.

And yes, even a true prophet doesn't always understand all the details & may (through either an earnest & honest desire to know rightly or a wrong desire to "go farther than the Lord has shown") go too far. Discernment, knowing the Word, & a real, vibrant, deep & true life of prayer & walking with the Lord by the Spirit is what is needed. I heard someone speaking of Z3, knew a truly prophetic man of God was highlighted on there before, etc. & so checked it out. I found it to be a "free for all". So there could be sincere, but sincerely wrong believers in there, true prophetic words, wolves in sheep clothing, demonically inspired "visions/words" sent to cause confusion, & everything in between., etc. I'm not trying to be critical, just honest. I haven't gone back. For some of the best teaching on the True Prophetic Gift out there, IMHO, Art Katz' messages on "True vs False Prophets", Micheal Brown's teaching on "The Prophetic Gift", & John Paul Jackson's stuff are all very good - FYI.

God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/10 10:32

Re: sister Linda

Sister Linda,
I think you will do well to listen to and take the advice of brother Greg. I had to delete my facebook account because of the distractions from all of the false prophets and end times news links that had become like a flash flood...overrunning my news feed. It was a huge distraction, a huge waste of time and had started to become a source of great anxiety to read through this stuff.

Some people revel in it though and it is their life...it consumes them but it also changes them as they think on it incessently, rather than on Christ. And you can tell because they seem to live for fruitless and endless arguments about end times topics.

I was headed in that direction until the Lord gently prompted me to shutdown facebook. It was a very, very hard thing to do. Without knowing it facebook and other websites had become an idol to me.

Very few will admit that this is the case for them though. Pride is a horrible thing.

May we all come back to a simple and pure devotion to Jesus and make it our number one pursuit to "know Him". As Paul said, "this ONE thing I do..."

2016/5/10 12:30
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

The Lord sees our hearts if we unintentionally read things that arent godly. He knows our intentions.

2016/5/10 12:40Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
May we all come back to a simple and pure devotion to Jesus and make it our number one pursuit to "know Him". As Paul said, "this ONE thing I do..."

Amen, to "know Him" is the purpose of our salvation. Any thing or any doctrine that would steer us away from this main purpose must be avoided. Love for God and love for one another is the main thing in the Christian life.

In Christ,

2016/5/10 18:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy