SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is a "Testater?"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: What has the Testater bequeathed to those who receive Him?

Jesus bequeathed His followers things of a very high and sublime nature. He did now own lands, or houses or goods in which to bequeath to His Church. He only owned the garment on his back, which in the end was also taken from Him.

The Apostles, deacons and early church members did not receive any land, houses or earthly goods from Jesus' last will and testament. Jesus indicated strongly to Peter that His "kingdom was not of this world".

However, they did receive eternal things that pertain to this life and the life to come. As all things are given to Christ the Mediator, so all that He is or hath, He parts with freely to those who receive Him:

1) the promise of the Spirit (Joel 2:28)

2) adoption as sons (Gal 4:5)

3) forgiveness of sins (Col 1:4)

4) peace with God (Rom 5:1)

5) a pure heart (2 Tim 2:22)

6) comfort (2 Cor 1:3)

7) eternal life (Tit 3:7)

8) much, much more

In a word, Himself! His divine nature which provides us all things that pertain to the life that now is, and to that which is to come: “all are yours; And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's,” 1 Corinthians 3:22-23.

Jesus, the Testator left us precious promises which are all found/realized IN HIM.

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Pet 1:4)

Before He ascended He told His disciples that He is going to prepare a place for them and that when He comes back, He will receive them to Himself that where He is, they will be also.

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14:2-3)

He is coming back to take us home.

2016/5/14 0:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy