SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is a "Testater?"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

"we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins"

The first condition of a Will is that the "testator" must be dead. "For where a testament is there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is only in effect after death: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth" (Heb. 9:16-17). So the remedy and the promises of the New Covenant are based on the death of the "testator." Therefore, "without the shedding of the blood" (the death of Jesus Christ), there is no remission for sins" (Heb. 9:22). The second condition of this Will is that it be must be received by the legal heir, or family member. Only a born-again child of God qualifies as the recipient.

Everyone knows that when a family member dies, he leaves his nearest of kin an inheritance, but the inheritance is only received after the reading of the dead person's Will. We Christians have an inheritance from Jesus, our older brother. But, as we all know, He had to die before the Will could be effective. And we, the recipients, had to receive the promise of the inheritance by faith.

The New Covenant, or the BLOOD covenant of Christ, is His "Last Will and Testament." Through His death, all who receive Him are promised the legal right to inherit all that He is. Actually Romans 8:17 says, "...if children of God, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with him, that we may be also glorified together."

"Ye are dead," writes Paul in Colossians, "and your life is hid with Christ in God." How did man die, too? It was not for Himself that the Son of Man went through the Cross, to the grave, and then to the throne in His glorious resurrection. It was for all of mankind. Christ was our substitute. What happened to Christ happened to all mankind: "God was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them" (II Cor. 5:19). It potentially happened to all of mankind, but is only actualized when it is entered into by faith. When we accept this co-crucifixion with Christ, it is the job of the Holy Spirit to make freedom and victory the supreme fact of our lives, as well as an unshakable reality in our experience.

Let us look at what we as Christians have inherited through this blood covenant. The Bible proclaims that: "we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins" (Eph. 1:7); we have peace with God "through the blood of his Cross" (Col. 1:20); "we are elect through sanctification of the Spirit unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:2); we are redeemed by "the precious blood of Christ" (I Pet. 1:19); we are cleansed daily by "the blood of Jesus Christ" (I John 1:7); we are "washed from our sins in His own blood" (Rev. 1:5); and we overcome Satan by the blood of the lamb (Rev. 12:11).

Now we sing a new song unto our God: "For thou was slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and hast made us unto our God, kings and priests; and we shall reign on the earth" (Rev. 5:9-10).

2016/5/11 12:43

Re: "we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins"

Amen, tuc.

We have inherited all spiritual blessings in heavenly places.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

2016/5/11 12:49

Re:

Brethren you're sounding too theological on this. Talk to one another from the heart. What does this have to do with our practical walk with Christ.

Let's put away the high theologocal language. And talk to one another in a practicalical walk with Jesus.

Bro Blaine

2016/5/11 13:28
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I am redeemed, Bearmaster.

I am bought.

I am owned.

I have an inheritance. I have all of the riches of Christ either in my body through the indwelling Spirit or not yet in hand but assured to me through the promise of His own Word.

My inheritance is too good for me. I am not ready for it. But God gives grace. He is making me ready to receive it. He is making me like His Son who died for me.

2016/5/11 16:24Profile

Re: Tim

Amen and Anen!!!

2016/5/11 16:26
Sree

Re:

This thread has encouraged me so much. After a long time I see a thread from SI really encouraging me.

I feel the real inheritance that we have in Jesus is what He (Jesus) had during his stay on the earth. We can only inherit a property that the person owned during his stay on earth. So I believe it is Life.

John 1:4:- In him was LIFE and the LIFE was light of all men.

So we inherit this LIFE from Jesus.

2016/5/11 22:06Profile

Re: The Holy Spirit as "Executor" fulfills the Testament of Jesus

A Testator amongst men, commits his last will and Testament to men to be fulfilled. Men, previously define who the executor of the estate will be and this Executor carries out the desires of the Testater. Conditions can be set by the Testater for those who are appointed to receive the will.

Christ, our spiritual Testator, surrogates the Holy Spirit as His Executor, in His physical absence, and after His death, to see that His will is executed in ALL points, and to give real and actual possession of all His covenant-blessings, unto all men, but only those men and women, who fulfill His conditions.

Part of the Lord's will is the promise of the Holy Spirit to indwell us and carry out His will.

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14:17-18)

2016/5/12 7:56

A Testater signs his own Will and Testament

To complete, perfect, and confirm his last will, the Testater will sign and seal it himself; In eastern customs, it was customary to sign with one's own blood. The book of Hebrews shows us the 1st Testament was signed/dedicated by blood and that explains why it is called the blood of the testament.

"For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you." (Heb 9:17-18,20)

Jesus Christ ratified and confirmed His last will and Testament, the New Testament with His own blood:

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate." (Dan 9:27)

"For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the Testator" (Hebrews 9:16)

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Matt 26:28)

"This cup is the new testament in my blood" (1 Cor 11:25)

"For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth." (Heb 9:17)

2016/5/12 15:44

Re: The Testator's testament is unalterable. Promises kept in OT and will be kep

Jesus Christ (the Testator) makes his last will and Testament unalterable by any other, or by himself; as others must not, so he will not.

"I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye have already, hold fast till I come" (Rev 2:24-25)

We know that God fulfilled all of His promises to Abraham and so He can be trusted to fulfill all of His promises in the New Covenant. He will not alter it.

"My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips" (Psa 89:34)

Let's check this out for accuracy:

God promises the land:
""Then the LORD appeared to Abram and said, “To your descendants I will give this land.” God first made this promise as recorded in Genesis 12:7, it is later repeated it in chapter 15:18. This Promised Land was “from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates.”"

The Lord kept His promise and gave all the land which he sware, to Israel and they possessed it. Promise completed!

Josh 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land WHICH HE SWARE to give unto their fathers; AND THEY POSSSESSED IT AND DWELT THEREIN.

The Lord also kept His promise and gave them rest from all of their enemies.

Josh 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, ACCORDING TO ALL THAT HE SWARE UNTO THEIR FATHERS: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

Everything that God promised, He fulfilled.

Josh 21:45 THERE FAILED NOT OUGHT OF ANY GOOD THING WHICH THE LORD HAD SPOKEN UNTO THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; **ALL CAME TO PASS**.

2016/5/12 22:46

Re: The "Testater" had to die in order to leave an "eternal inheritanc

By Jesus dying, He opens a way for those who receive His testament to come into the possession of the inheritance that He has left them. By dying, Christ gave legacies to thousands upon thousands of sinners. He left His legacy to be executed by the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, the legacy of Jesus Christ could not be executed. If Jesus had not died, there had been no room nor access to them that are called, to receive the eternal inheritance.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Christ, the spiritual Testator, gave away all that He had including His life, yet no man took it from Him, He gave it willingly and hath power to take it up again. He now gives possession of Himself as man's eternal inheritance. To all those who believe unto the salvation of their souls they become co-heirs of His kingdom and glory. He possesses us and we possess Him in the bonds of love.

"At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (John 14:20)

Jesus Christ is the "Resurrection and the Life". If you possess Him, you possess eternal life.

2016/5/13 14:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy