Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Your Healing Has Been Provided

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Blaine

Good stuff, God always heals his people. Sometimes in the here and now, and if not here always in the eternal state after this life is over.

The other stuff is trying to force the Word of the Lord into saying what he does not say, out of context, misapplied and out of balance.

2016/5/9 18:36
FranklinB

Re:

Yes, yuehan my own testimony on more than one occasion. Once when something attacked my body I read an article from Kenneth Hagin "How to receive and keep your healing". I didn't quite understand what I was doing, but I did it and that's what I am going to be talking about coming up. And I did receive my healing. He talked about receiving healing and not trying to get God to do it because he has done it.

2016/5/9 19:11Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Your Healing Has Been Provided

"We have been denominationally trained instead of Bible taught." ~ John Osteen

I agree with that!!! Was just listening to an old John Osteen sermon on youtube about healing after reading this thread.

2016/5/9 20:13Profile

Re:

"The one thing I think it's cruel. When pastors say that God wants everybody healed. And when that person is not healed they are told they did not have enough faith."

I do not see why it is wrong to state that God is willing to heal me. If that were not so, why would I ever pray for healing?

So if God is willing to heal me, that is the end of the discussion in my book. To attempt to look deeper into this is only going to cause much frustration and pain.

And everytime I hear about some famous person who never recieved their healing, I can show you some poor beggar who did get healed. And we know that they are healed because of their faith, or perhaps via the prayers and faith of others.

I would much rather read the new testament and be encouraged by the miraculous healings of faith in Christ, than stories from those who did not get healed.

It reminds me of the people who tell young men that they will never be free from lust, that they will never truly be able to overcome, just hang in there and try to keep the frequency of their falls down to a minimum. What faithless rubbish! God is able to COMPLETELY set free anyone from lust, to the nth degree...if they believe!

I am convinced the same is true for divine healing!!!

2016/5/9 20:34

Re:

God has all the power over His creation, he could cause the sun to stand still, and the moon to stop (Joshua 10:13)
He can heal the sick and it is good to be reminded of His power.
But nowhere did He promise that He would heal anyone who asks.
We know that Luke was a Doctor.

Here are a couple of scriptures:
20Erastus has remained at Corinth, and Trophimus I left sick in Miletus.(2 Timothy 4:20)The Apostle Paul had to leave him behind because he was sick.

And here is an interesting remedy:
No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent illnesses.(1 Timothy 5:23)
I like that one ;) ;) Blessings and keep well!

2016/5/10 1:20
yuehan

Re:

Thanks FranklinB and AbideinHim for sharing your experiences. And I'm totally with Awakened's convictions on the matter.

Recently, I happened to be looking into whether healing has been provided in the atonement - a doctrine held by some saints including Andrew Murray and A.B. Simpson.

I was persuaded by KingJimmy's exposition of Matthew 8:14-17 that this was indeed doctrinally true:

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=35&topic_id=24046&post_id=188636&viewmode=thread&order=0

Excerpt:

"Thus, somebody who walks around coughing and is sick utters no lie when they say, "By His stripes I am healed!" Such a person no more lies than when Abraham introduced himself as Abraham, long before the child of promise ever came along. For, "Abraham," if you recall, means "Father of many nations." Thus, long before Abraham ever received what God had already promised, Abraham was holding to and confessing what he was believing God for. The timing by which the child of promise came into this world, however, was entirely up to God. I think that little story can be applied to healing, which God has provided in the atonement."

2016/5/10 2:28Profile

Re:

The commission that Jesus handed to His disciples did not include healing. Luke24:47 says "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among the nations beginning at Jerusalem" Matthew28:19-20 says "Go ye and teach all the nations baptising them in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you". John says "Feed my lambs, feed my sheep". Mark does mention healing but these final verses are so disputed that I prefer not to use them in the search for truth especially as they are not backed up by the other gospels.

It is only in the earlier parts of Acts and James which was the earliest letter, do we hear more about healing, after which the Scriptures say nothing but to mention that Paul himself had health problems. He said in 2Cor12:10 that he took pleasure in 'infirmities', after describing his thorn in the flesh whatever it may have been. In Galatians he mentions his eye problems "Ye see how large a letter I have written unto ye with my own hand" Gal6:11.

In Eph3:11, Paul says that "He gave some apostles some prophets some evangelists some pastors and some teachers" There is no mention of a healing ministry. It is strange that it is only in the early days of the church, and the time when Jesus was here that healing was mentioned frequently. But not so strange if we understand the reason for the healing.

The people who were first hearing the gospel were Jews who knew the Scriptures very well, and knew what they had to say about health and sickness. They believed that not only death but all disease was the consequence of sin. "There is neither death without sin nor any chastisement without iniquity" (Shabbath, c.5. fol 55. 1.) Taken from Jerome H. Smith, editor, the new treasury of Scripture knowledge, electronic edition of the revised edition of the treasury of Scripture knowledge Logos Library System (Nashville Thomas Nelson) 1997 c1992 by Jerome H Smith.

In the Old Testament, sickness was the result of sin and was brought about by God in the form of pestilence and plague, wounding by God with the purpose that His people would repent. "Come and let us return unto the Lord, for He hath torn us and He will heal us" Hos6:1 God's promises were "I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thy wounds" Jer30:17 the healing was always in connection with cleansing and His people turning away from their sin. Leprosy is seen in a symbolic sense of sin as the real disease causes a gradual death of the nerve endings so that injuries occur to the extremities, whilst the person is unaware of the injuries. Sin is rather like this in that the heart can become slowly hardened in the case of backsliding but we are unaware of the process and the damage.

False prophets were condemned because they dealt only with the symptoms and not with the deep spiritual hurts of the people “They have healed also the hurt of the daughter
Of my people, slightly saying Peace peace when there is no peace” Jer6:4, 8:11.
(Nelson’s Digital Library) In the metaphorical use, God is said to protect His people as a bird protects her young with her wings (Deut32:11) The psalmist expressed God’s care and protection as a ‘shadow’ of the ‘wings’ (Ps17:8, cf36:7, 57:1, 61:4, 63:7, 91:4) In keeping with this usage, Malachi looked forward to a new age when “The Sun of righteousness will arise with healing in His wings and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves of the stall” 4:2 (Nelsons’ Digital Library) We see here the purpose of the healing is that they may mature, giving the meaning a spiritual not a physical aspect.

Blindness was often understood to be a punishment for evil doing. We find an example of this at Sodom (Gen19:11) in the Syrian army (2Kings6:18) and in the curse of Elymas at Pathos (Acts13:6-11) Any person who had a disease was reputed unclean and was forbidden to enter into the camp, where others dwelt. The verses referring to God ‘tearing them’ are Job10:16, 17, 18:4, Ps50:22, La3:10, 11, Ho5:14.

If we look at Isaiah53:5:-

“But He was wounded for our transgressions” and compare Rom4:25-“Who was delivered for our offences and was raised for our justification and 2Cor15:3-“Christ died for our sins” and 1Pet3:18-“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust that He might bring us to God”

“he was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and with His stripes ye are healed” This is made clear in 1Pet2:24-“who his own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree that we being DEAD TO SIN SHOULD LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS by who’s stripes you are healed”

It does not say here that in taking our sins upon Himself we are forgiven and that is it but that our sin is taken away IF we are dead to sin, that is if we live without sin, and live unto righteousness THEN we are healed by His stripes. The healing is to do with our cleansing and is in full. The healing is of our souls because it is when the soul is healed that man can walk without sin and receive the benefit of Christ’s death, the healing of the thing that sent Him to the cross. He was wounded for our transgressions not our physical ailments. To put a physical healing into these verses is to add something that is foreign to the sense of cleansing.

In Ps103:23 we read “Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits. Who forgives all thine INIQUITIES, who healeth all thy diseases (Ex15:26-“And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight and wilt give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee. I am the Lord thy God that healeth thee.” Jer17:14-“Heal me O lord and I shall be healed, save me and I shall be saved”) who redeemeth thy life from destruction (Ps34:22-“The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants Ps5:12- “For the Lord wilt bless the righteous with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield)

The Jews knew that the one who would come would heal the cause of their disease and make them clean from sin. He went around healing as a sign that this person had come, and this continued during the early years of the church. But the healing was always connected with righteousness. In James5:5-16 it says “The prayer of faith shall SAVE the sick and if he has committed sins they shall be forgiven. Confess your sins and pray for one another that you may be healed.” The verse is talking about the healing of the soul nothing is said of bodily healing. It says further in verse 20 “Let him know that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his ways shall save a soul from death (spiritual) and shall hide a multitude of sins”

And in Peter 2:24 “Who his own self bore our sins in His body on the tree that we being DEAD TO SIN should live unto righteousness, by whose stripes ye were healed” again it is this healing to enable man to live a righteous life without sin that the early church understood healing.

After the early books there is very little mention of healing, the power that was released as a sign to authenticate the ministry of Jesus had disappeared until the disciples themselves suffered sickness. Of course God does sometimes heal physically, but the time had ceased when it was common.

It is only when we understand the fullness of the healing that he gives and can only give when it concerns the soul which alone fulfils the meaning of cleansing and righteousness that we can see that the cure of one or two conditions is not the subject discussed throughout the Old Testament and in the early years of the church.

God is merciful however and does heal today, but not as often as we would like. Most chronic degenerative sickness including cancer, are caused through abusing our bodies by not feeding them with the foods He supplied, straight from the field and without the poisons sprayed them. The cure is to stop using them and even atheists can heal their bodies this way too.

The many health and wealth leaders who have died from sicknesses, are a bit of an embarrassment I should imagine.

Thanks Mark, many people ignore those verses.

2016/5/10 3:54

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy