Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Your Healing Has Been Provided

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

Your Healing Has Been Provided

Your Healing Has Been Provided

Have you heard someone say, "God heals some, but not others", actually that is not the truth. Acts 10:34 says, "God is no respecter of persons." Why do people say that because they are basing it off of their experience. But, a persons experience doesn't change the truthfulness of God's word. The truth is that when God heals he provides healing for everyone and doesn't pick and choose who gets healed. Let's go through the scriptures and see what they say. In Exodus 12 God institutes the Passover where the children of Israel were to take a lamb and kill it and put the blood on the two side door posts and the upper door post where they were to eat the lamb. That was an instruction for the whole congregation and notice as a result of eating of the lamb Psalm 105:37 says, "He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among them." God healed all of them, there was not one person that God did not heal. On another occasion in Numbers 21 when the children of Israel were in the wilderness they were being bitten by serpents and dying, but God came up with an answer to the problem (notice God's wording). God said, "Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live." And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived. Notice God said that it was for every one.

Let's look at some more scriptures to further prove the point, Proverbs 4:20-22 says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto them that find them, and health to all their flesh." That word health is translated from Hebrew as medicine, remedy, cure. God says that his word is the remedy for all your flesh. And it is for all that find them. Let's look at one more scripture in Acts 10:38 it says, "How God anointed Jesus Christ of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him." First notice that Jesus healed all and God calls healing doing good.

Now, let me inform you of something that you might not know that a lot of people have a problem accepting, but I'm going to explain. God has already provided all the healing you will ever need. 1Peter 2:24 says, "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: BY WHOSE STRIPES YE WERE HEALED." Notice, the scripture says that you were(past tense) healed. Now, I know the first thing someone might say is if I am healed how come I still have this sickness. Because, God is not saying that you are physically healed, but he has already done the healing. You look at Luke 17:12-14 where 10 lepers cried out to Jesus for him to heal them and he said, "Go shew yourselves unto the priests." And the scripture says that as they went they were cleansed. Notice, all Jesus did was send them to show themselves to the priest, because in those days you only showed yourself to the priests after you were cleansed so Jesus was calling them clean. That was all he did, so what Jesus did he did when he said, because that's how Jesus healed by his words. Notice, even though Jesus did something there was no physical change, they still looked and felt the same. So, your flesh is no indication of if God has done something. Your flesh is only an indication of when you have received what God has done. Notice, in verse 15 it says that when one of them saw that he was cleansed he turned back to praise God. Notice, by faith he believed something was done when Jesus said, go....., but by his senses he saw when he had received.

You see the same principles in Mark chapter 3 where Jesus saw a man with a withered hand and said unto him, "Stretch forth thine hand." And he stretched it out and his hand was restored whole as the other. Notice, again Jesus said, "stretch forth thine hand" he was calling the man healed because he couldn't stretch forth his hand so for him to comply with Jesus words he would have to be healed. Notice, again Jesus words was Jesus doing the healing. Again, notice even though Jesus did something there was no physical change because the scripture says, he stretched it out and it was restored whole as the other. Otherwise, it would have said and his hand was restored whole as the other and he stretched it out. So, the implication is that when Jesus told him to stretch forth his hand, he knowing that he couldn't stretch forth his hand put forth an effort to do it and his hand was then made whole. Now, in both of those instances what if they would have waited to see or feel something they would have never received.

Now, here is a point you have to understand in looking at the instances above, God has already released your healing. It is not a matter of God needing to heal you. God sees healing as an accomplished act and he tells you. In 1Peter 2:24 it says, "By whose stripes ye were healed." That is not a promise of something in the future, that is stating an accomplished act. Now, I know the first thing that may come to a person is if God has done the healing why do I still have this condition. Let me give you an example: Let's say a person is hungry so he goes to a restaurant. The waitress comes and takes his order and gives it to the chef. He cooks the food and gives it to the waitress and she brings it to him. Notice, once she brings the food or provides him with his order he is considered having been served. Once the provision is made you are considered having been served. Now, the food is right there in front of him, but question, is he still hungry. Just the food being in front of him does not take away his hunger, he has to receive it or eat it. Likewise, the healing God has provided does not take away your sickness until you receive it. Just like that food will not do you any good until you eat it or receive it. Now, nobody goes to a restaurant and places their order and when the waitress brings them their order because they are still hungry because they have not yet received what has been provided they ask for another plate of food. Now you have two plates of food again not having received any of it so because you are still hungry you ask for another plate of food. Now at that rate you can have 10 plates of food in front of you and still be hungry. Nobody would do that and yet that is the same as when a person continues to ask God to heal them.

You can not allow your flesh to tell you when or what God has already done for you. Your flesh body has no clue of what God has done for you. In 1Corinthians 2:14 it says, "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." Notice it says your flesh can not know the things of God, so you can't count on your flesh to tell you what God has already done for you. The only thing you can count on is the word of God. Your flesh can't tell you what God has done for you only when you have received what God has done for you. Coming up we'll look at this further and look at how you receive the healing God has already done. God Bless!!!

2016/5/9 4:20Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Your Healing Has Been Provided

Franklin,

I don't know if you believe in the gifts of the Spirit alive today or not but I read a book a few years back by Dutch Sheets called "Intercessory Prayer" and in it he explained how he wife was sick and he prayed in tongues one hour a day for her and God healed her. There was more because it was a book (obviously! :) ) but that's what I remember, praying in tongues one hour a day for her.

I believe in healing!!! I don't understand why every single person praying for healing and being prayed for doesn't get healed but I still believe in it.

And I always like your posts on healing.

God bless you, Franklin
Lisa

http://www.amazon.com/Intercessory-Prayer-Prayers-Heaven-Earth/dp/0764215779

2016/5/9 7:22Profile
yuehan

Thanks Franklin for your post - very timely.

Can you share some testimonies which illustrate the principles you shared?

2016/5/9 9:46Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Brother Franklin,

Amen!!!! Amen !!!!! Amen!!!!!

Very well said brother:)

Once whilst in a similar place I was crying out to the Lord and it must've been pitiful cause He said to me; "look here, I've prepared a place for you at my table and invited you to come,... I've laid before you a feast of my Son! Why is it you sit here at my table and cry out in hunger and thirst?... Take up the fork of faith and the cup of obedience and feast!"

I was undone, broken beyond anything I'd experienced before but that was my "old man" that was breaking and the "new man" began to eat his first meal:)
Life has been different ever since~

2016/5/9 11:52Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you JFW for sharing that!!! And thank you for reading.

2016/5/9 16:59Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Yes Lysa I do believe in the gifts of the spirit alive today. And I encourage you to continue believing in healing. And I thank you for being a continual reader.

2016/5/9 17:04Profile

Re: Franklin

Respectfully brother I disagree God will not always heal everyone in response to our prayers. Ultimately God will do whatever will bring Him glory.

Consider the case of Joni Erkckson Tada. Is anybody going to say that this sister has not prayed for healing. God kept her a paraplegic. Look how he has used her in the weakness of her flesh. Consider the Apostle Paul. He had a thorn in the flesh God would not take away. Yet he said my grace is sufficient for you.

I have an intercessor is battling three forms of cancer. We have prayed for her healing. But it looks like God's will will be to take her to her ultimate healing in his glory.

The problem I have with saying God heals everybody is that when they do not receive their healing he has put it back on them that they don't have enough faith. This is cruel to the person who's been expecting healing and doesn't receive it.

So I agree with the original post. God will heal some but not others. But then others may receive their ultimate healing by God taking them home to their ultimate reward.

Respectfully posted.

2016/5/9 18:09
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"Let's look at some more scriptures to further prove the point, Proverbs 4:20-22 says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto them that find them, and health to all their flesh." That word health is translated from Hebrew as medicine, remedy, cure. God says that his word is the remedy for all your flesh. And it is for all that find them. Let's look at one more scripture in Acts 10:38 it says, "How God anointed Jesus Christ of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him." First notice that Jesus healed all and God calls healing doing good."

It was around 5 years ago when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I prayed about it and the Lord led me to healing scriptures in the Word that I received by faith and claimed for my healing. God wants us healed and He has provided so many means for us to be healed. But the fact that healing is in the atonement should be enough for any Christian to know and believe that not only did Jesus take our sins upon Himself at the cross, but He also bore our sicknesses and diseases.

The scripture that I really got a hold of was the one in Proverbs 4:20-22. I had read Derek Prince's book "God's Medicine Bottle", and also Kenneth Hagin's teaching on the same scripture "God's Medicine." So I took my medicine every day, several times a day, and took authority over fear, went on a natural diet, and continued to go to the doctors at M.D. Anderson in Houston for checkups. The result is that the last few biopsies over a 5 year period have not detected any cancer, and my PSA reading has stayed pretty steady over this period of time.

"He sent his Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” (Psalm 107:20).

God is faithful and His promises are true!

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto them that find them, and health to all their flesh." (Proverbs 4:20-22). That word health is translated from Hebrew as medicine, remedy, cure. God says that his word is the remedy for all your flesh. And it is for all that find them."

2016/5/9 18:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Blaine,

I have seen many dear children of God healed over the last 43 years of being born again, but I have also seen many not get their healing, and some of them had great faith.

There are many reasons why people are not healed, but we don't have all the answers, and neither do we know why some are not healed. But we do know that God is faithful and His Word is true.

2016/5/9 18:22Profile

Re: Mike

Brother I would agree. I am simply saying that it may not be God's will to heal everybody this side of glory. But there ultiment healing will be when they're with him in heaven.

The one thing I think it's cruel. When pastors say that God wants everybody healed. And when that person is not healed they are told they did not have enough faith.

God may allow people to go to the affliction of illness to bring glory to his name.

Will post more on this later.

2016/5/9 18:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy