SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jonathan Cahn, National Day of Prayer. D. C. 13 minutes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

This has been done here on SI before, so I'm not sure it's worth the time, but he didn't say exactly what you're saying (& what he did say is TOTALLY confirmable If you're willing to look & not looking to "hack him"). Anyways, I've done this before & not sure it's worth it. And Rev, your info is not accurate. But hack him to pieces. Go ahead. Every idle word...

2016/5/8 20:25

Re:

You saying it is inaccurate information does not make it is so.
No offence to you but prove your point otherwise these credible
sources will have sway in the matter

2016/5/8 20:34
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Dear sister Linda, I do not know how to say this gently but I will try. Many of us have left facebook because of the plethora of links to "dodgy" teachers. I do not mean to run Johnathon Cahn into the ground and that is not my intention. But this is a brother who has no links, articles or sermons on this website for a reason. And by "dodgy" I am using an Aussie term which essentially means, that you don't know what it is and can't really put your finger on it, but you are as yet still very unsure about an individual. In the case of Mr Cahn, he has made fortune and fame from fictitious stories that play into peoples fears and by perpetrating fables about end times matters. To the point where people take what he says almost as "gospel". This gives many of us here great pause about this so called teacher.

Saints,

We have been encouraging that other youtube videos and sermons are not posted to the forums in most cases. We cannot go through and listen and ensure these messages are Biblical and godly. There are hundreds of thousands of preachers on youtube and other sites with so many strange messages, ideas. We want most of the discussions to centre around materials on SermonIndex, which are not perfect, but are hopefully edifying to hear and promotes godliness in our lives.

At times something can be shared but we ask that in most cases we forgo sharing something that is controversial or not added to SermonIndex (in the tenor of speakers and emphasis).

2016/5/8 20:35Profile

Re:

When you drive into my city on the main highway you go down a big hill into a valley and the highway goes up with nothing but trees on both sides. Then standing oddly off to the side is a beautiful sign that says Barrie, it's a big sign with nothing around it but trees.

Now when people say they are going to Barrie they don't mean the sign. I have never seen people sitting by the sign eating lunch, in fact I have never seen anyone near the sign in the 25 years I've lived here at all, so what gives?

I'm thrilled by the blood moon and other words that have come out in the past few years. They are what they are SIGNS. Another 1/2 mile past the Barrie sign and boom the city starts to swarm out in every direction and on both sides of the same highway is a city of 140,000 people. But you would never know it from the Welcome to Barrie sign.

What the word from Cahn and others did was shake the trees, every prophetic wannabe in NA stuck out their necks and starting calling for dates, end of the world, end of time, rapture, tribulation, Elvis sightings, wrath of God, this date, that date, the real date.

Every person with two fingers a cheap camera and a YouTube channel felt the need to be at the front of the line and get it right, I saw guys with charts, girls with cats, pizza with extra pepperoni visions, NyQuil induced dreams and funny faces on animal crackers.

And all that was announced was SIGNS. That's it, the early warnings to repent, have some food at all times, get your money out of risk, lighten the load of crap on your life, SIGNS to watch and pray. But of course people go overboard and now the boat is far lighter and none of the non credibles will stick their necks out quit as quick again. I mean do you really think the Lord is going to return when Mr Jones in Sunday School could figure it out from a flow chart. I seem to recall something about a thief in the night and an hour when no one knows? But we are all called to recognize the sign of the times, it's vague but it's the right season!

But to the naysayers who will play it safe for the duration just look at the early warnings the signs have lined up with. Korea is testing nukes, Russia is looking to pick a fight with anybody, stock market confidence is equal to lending money to a bone fire, the Islamic State is front page every other day, The EU is going to go broke and dismantle and the US is going to have to elect a rock or a hard place while it's totally corrupt democracy is being exposed to the whole world. And the church has less influence on society than the Kiwanis Club.

Sounds like the last days to me.

Marc mc

2016/5/8 21:25
makrothumia

Texas

Re: It is a good thing to "test all things"

I have watched video of Jonathan Cahn and heard him tie specific events and places to certain biblical passages and make the connection and implication for his audience. I simply had reservation about both his connection and his confidence.

My reservation has nothing to do with doubting we are in the last days or that perilous times are coming. My reservation comes from seeing a band wagon type get on board and join in the interesting new insights mentality.

I have not reached a conclusion or come to a judgment about Mr. Cahn. But I do not hesitate to caution others about his assertions and his confidence.

When brothers are put in a bad light simply for encouraging this type of caution, is this not a troubling sign. The Bereans were commended for questioning Paul, but brothers here who question a man making very precise and elaborate connections to events and scripture and predicting or suggesting possible outcomes and encouraging others to prepare for them,
somehow this is discouraged ..... hmmm.

I wonder who is really judging?

Mak

2016/5/8 22:08Profile
dohzman

A thought for reflection

The story of Samuel the prophet in the OT is a good read when people start to talk about the role of a prophet. I always felt a little sad for those prophets of old because it was always like a double edged sword, They speak and nothing happens they get stoned, they speak the people listen do not repent they all endure captivity or judgement the prophets also and I am sure it was not pleasant for anyone alive than, including the prophets, they speak here comes the sword, enough people repent---who knows what that number is? and God relents, nothing happens--no judgements, some revival maybe, but the prophet looks like he/she is false because it appears like none of the judgements happened....

So I suppose you have to look at "what kind of prophesy it is", by that I mean is it a certain forth telling that is going to happen no matter what?Somewhat like when Jesus spoke of when He prophesied over Jerusalem, no amount of intercession was going to stop that from happening, no amount of revival, no amount of new converts to Christianity, etc...it was going to happen period, or is a prophesy meant to warn of the sword for those who hear so they may be spared? It is troubling to me to hear the catch phrase of, "fear mongers", because as a student of scripture Jesus spoke of Hell more than any other subject and if that's not fear preaching/teaching what is? So while I respect a great many on here who constantly argue away certain aspects of God's warning system I think it wise sometimes to be still because right now even a blind person can see America is in deep trouble and something is going to happen. As to prophets or not? I can tell you that at a critical time in my life David Wilkerson spoke to my heart in a meeting I was at and the direction of my life changed. I am so thankful for that.

Finial thought: If Jesus told his disciples to leave people alone who were going about doing what they saw Him do in His name for those who are not against us are with us(lk 9:49-50)and you may say these are False prophets---but are they actively seeking to turn people away from Jesus Christ as messiah? or are they just greedy, because if its just greed, than the Lord knows how to deal with that.

2016/5/8 22:15Profile

Re:

Questioning one to be cautious & test all things is TOTALLY different from calling people basically money loving liars & cultish divination artists.

2016/5/8 22:33

Re: A thought for reflection

It's important to mention at the end of the day Cahn really did not assert very much in the way of action. All it did for me is make me realize that I was not prepared for even a 2 week crunch of emergency.

I bought 2 large steel storage units and filled them with stuff we need and use all the time ( we now just rotate new stuff through) and we took 10k ( it took us 3 trips for them to have enough) in cash out of the bank. That's it. And I realized I should have done this years earlier.

In a crisis the stores food is gone in a day and the banks as I discovered don't actually have any money in them anymore. It's all electronic fiction. If you don't believe me go and withdraw $5000 and look at their faces. The manager told me all we can give you is $2500 and I would have to go to the other branch for the the other $2500. Think about it, that's what they said when the sun was shinning and the world was going along its merry way. It's one big cartel.

Marc mc

2016/5/8 22:48

Pure and simple devotion to Christ

I do not wish to disparage this man of God, because I am truly thankful that he stands up and speak Gods truths in warning against sin and Gods judgement.

If I have done this then I pray that you would all forgive me.

Even so, I also pray that we might all be caught up in and be entirely focused on Jesus Christ with a simple and pure devotion to our Lord.

May we learn Christ in this way and turn aside from whatever the ever-increasing-heap-of-teachers are saying to our itching ears.

2016/5/8 22:58

Re:

Todd,
To stop more links (& I think I already did this once on here before) I will email you when I have a chance if your email is under your file & you don't mind?
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/8 23:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy