Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : GOOD word for ministry.. (:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

GOOD word for ministry.. (:

May 4
Season of Seduction
These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1 John 2:26
Everyone who receives Christ as Savior does so during a time of spiritual sickness. You might have been well physically when you received Christ, but your soul was ailing. That is what Jesus meant when early in His ministry He said, “They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick” (Mark 2:17).

After receiving Christ as Savior, most of us enter into a time I call a season of strength. With God we feel invincible, our prayers seem instantly answered, we witness everywhere, our prayers heal the sick and cast out devils. But we must be careful: It is often during our season of strength that Satan will move in with a season of seduction.

“Seduction” means to persuade to disobedience or disloyalty; to lead astray, to entice. One of Satan’s favorite seductive tools is what I call the season of sleep and slothfulness, aimed at getting you to relax, rest and stop being so zealous. It is similar to the season of spare time, with its pitfalls of entertaining distractions. And one of the most subtle is the season of superficial spirituality—imitating a genuine relationship with God.

No one is immune to one of these attacks, but like Jesus, you can be immune to its effects. Seek the counsel of the Great Physician, for as William Gurnall said, “Heaven overlooks hell, and God at any time can tell you what plots are hatching there against you.” Always be sure you are in an active relationship with the Lord and not a season of seduction with the devil.
Numbers 11; Psalms 48
Isaiah 1; Hebrews 9

IN CHrist
Frannie/eagleflying

2016/5/4 19:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy