SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Street Preachers arrested

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Street Preachers arrested

Here is another story of street preachers being arrested. This time it was in Los Vegas.

Here is the story put out by the "reviewjournal.com"

[url=http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/May-23-Mon-2005/news/26578089.html]Preachers Arrested Story[/url]

I was an intern at Teen Mania with one of the mans daughters. She told me yesturday about her father being arrested.

She wrote:

Quote:
Saturday night they were just standing in front of the Bellagio with their banners, not causing a ruckus or anything, when some police came by to hassle them. Jim told them to talk to their supervisor, and next thing that happened the Sergeant came, grabbed Jim's banner and threw it down, and without any reasoning or explanation handcuffed them both and put them in a paddy wagon with a couple prostitutes, to whom they got to witness to. My dad got to witness to another man in jail who was very convicted, and decided to set his life straight. They were out though by 2 or 3 AM, with a citation that they had blocked the sidewalk. Jim has the whole thing on film, so they've got a good defense. And now that the ACLU (its crazy to have those people involved, but they fight for the freedom of speech, and in this case, freedom to preach the gospel) heard about the harassment (the police really had no legal ground), they're gonna make a big case out of it. Either in writing from the police, or they are going to sue. Channel 3 and 13 interviewed them yesterday and put out a pretty good story. Odds are this will turn in our favor, so, we'll see. These are crazy times! Keep up the good fight!

2005/5/24 17:59

Re: Street Preachers arrested

Wow,

You see how God put these men's lives in jeopardy and then rescues them afterwards?

They had to be put in a paddy wagon where two prositutes whom the LORD wanted these men to witness to and He had a few others that needed to hear the message of salvation in jail. God is so good and mericful and NOT willing that any prositute or convicted men to perish, that he sends forth His Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to witness to them.

This is great news, PRAISE the LORD!! He is Worthy to be praised.

Karl

2005/5/24 18:27
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

It is interesting how God allows circumstances in our lives to get us to the place that He wants us in.

2005/5/24 19:08Profile
dohzman

Re:

many years ago a similar thing happened to me. At first I pouted and complained to the Lord then Jesus asked me a simple question deep in my heart, "do you love me", yes Lord was my answer, "feed my sheep" , was his reply. Immediately I understood what he was asking of me. I stopped having my pity party and started witnessing of the Lord Jesus , 4 people gave thier lives to Christ, 1 rededicated himself to the Lord , 2 recieved the Holy Spirit with evidences of another tongue and only 1 person in that jail cell resisted conviction of God's Spirit. All Glory to God. My local church posted bond for me and all charges were later dropped, but in hind sight that was the most fruitful 48 hrs I believe I've ever had.

2005/5/24 19:26Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Did I understand that article to say the ACLU is taking the case? thats weird. I have heard of them doing that before, but...

The insane thing about the 'foot traffic' issues and such is that people peddle smut to the annoyance of people who walk those sidewalks all the time.

Keep us posted :-)

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/5/25 15:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
Did I understand that article to say the ACLU is taking the case? thats weird.

God once used the harlot Rahab to protect His people!

2005/5/25 16:06
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
God once used the harlot Rahab to protect His people!

Even so as it seemed good in his sight! That's awesome.

2005/5/25 16:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy