SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Lunch prayers via FaceTime

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Lunch prayers via FaceTime

The thought just hit me that sometimes I will skip lunch and pray, etc. Sometimes I do both. :) But, it would be neat if any others here use FaceTime on iOS devices --- we could FaceTime together and pray during lunch, perhaps?

(Just as I say that, my schedule for the next two weeks will all but prohibit it. But, still....)

2016/5/3 13:05Profile
brothagary

Re: Lunch prayers via FaceTime

I use face time but I'm in Australia,,so I'm not sure what time it is here when it is lunch there ,,a good idea tho .....

2016/5/4 4:37Profile

Tim would love to join you but I have an Android. Checking FaceTime does not work on Android but only on Apple.

Blaine

2016/5/4 7:46
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

I'm afraid the only face time I can offer is sitting across a table from you. I don't have a smart phone. I guess it's a dumb phone! But, I think this is a fantastic idea and a wonderful way to bring God glory with technology. It seems to do the exact opposite much of the time these days.

2016/5/4 12:24Profile
dolfan

Re:

There is Skype, although I've never Skyped.

There is Periscope, but only one person can be seen and heard, the rest is just comments that you can type TO the person on the screen. If I'm the one Periscoping, no one else could be on screen at anytime; if you're the one doing it, you are the only one who could be on screen. Not very helpful but it is across device platforms.

I suppose I could put up 2 iPads, one where I Periscope and you can see me, another where you Periscope and I use that 2nd iPad to see you.

Or if I got my iPhone, my daughter's OLD iPhone, and my 2 iPads, well we could have church!!! :)

2016/5/4 13:34Profile
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Re:

I have no idea what those things are. I don't see them on my computer but, like I said, I am not technologically inclined at all. I never got into it because, even back in the 90's, I foresaw the internet causing trouble with privacy and personal information.

If it weren't for being able to watch/listen to sermons online, I wouldn't have a computer at all. Not just because I don't trust it, but because I live very simply and like it that way. I don't put anyone down for enjoying the benefits of technology whatsoever! I was just raised very rural and never saw the need to change. Give me a backpack with a change of clothes, some toiletries and my Bible and I'm perfectly content to rely on Him.

Admittedly, it warms my heart to see technology used to glorify God today though.

2016/5/4 13:46Profile
dolfan

Re:

You can Skype from a laptop or PC. I don't think you can use Periscope. I may be wrong, but I think it only is available on tablets and smart phones or "mobile devices" of whatever name. Of course, FaceTime is strictly an Apple software/service. I use it pretty frequently with family.

2016/5/4 13:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

This is a wonderful idea to consider implementing with skype, facebook, free conference calling etc. My only thought is that here thousands read these forums and that would end up being a very large lunch prayer time. I would recommend saints personally contact saints they know to establish small prayer times like this. Perhaps the idea can catch on and many meetings like this can start from saints just reading about this idea on this thread.

We do not want to advocate one meeting that "all" visitors on SermonIndex.net should go to. I trust that makes sense dear brothers.

I think it is an excellent idea and should start with 2-3 people through email communication and see how it works. Facetime works very well if people use iphones or Ipads, etc.

2016/5/4 14:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy