SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When you see Jerusalem compassed with armies...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Julias. You sound a tad bitter, that is a trap of the enemy. Lets suppose the three that you mentioned were your real enemies, how are we to treat our enemies? First of Julias, my name is Frank. Appolus is simply a screen name. You see, there is a man behind the screen name. A man with a testimony who loves Jesus. That is why i want to hear your testimony. Your theological stances on non-essential subjects are of little importance to me.

For 1700 years, men have killed other men over theological differences. This burning hatred that has led men to kill other men is of Satan and lies at the heart of everything that is religious. By engaging in theological subjects, subjects that the best minds of the world could not agree on, is in the end an act of futility. That is why agreeing to disagree takes all the sting out of the enemy and is an act of humility.

Phill 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 9The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

So brother, if you feel you cannot share your testimony on this forum, do you really think you should be here? I would encourage Neil and NDY and Rev_Enue to share their own testimonies here on this thread. If all four of you guys can be vulnerable with each other and see the men behind the theological stances, then I believe that we could make a real breakthrough. There should be a season where we all refrain from starting threads on theological subjects and simply study Jesus through our own personal testimonies. In this way i believe we would foil the schemes of the enemy..........bro Frank

2016/5/1 22:15

Re:

edit:

Hi Frank,

I think you misunderstood me. I am not bitter at all towards the three friends. I was trying to say that I don't want to be foolish. I hope you understand.

I have been threatened by one of them and if I tell my testimony and they put 2 + 2 together they could make good on their threat and harm me. Not physically, but maybe my employment or by other means. I need to be wise. Now, you understand.

2016/5/1 22:20

Re:

No, I dont Julias.............bro Frank

2016/5/1 22:39
savannah

Re: understanding

I UNDERSTAND JULIUS!

2016/5/1 22:46Profile

Re:

Julius I understand that you needed to make a wise decision!

Having said that I know you are feeling very strongly about what you believe and you have done a lot of studies to back it up. But maybe stepping back a bit at times would have helped and to point all of us back to the Lord again instead of repeating yourself.

The wider question here is, are we now just single out one person in an otherwise "perfect " forum??
We had endless posts about other topics (eg GFA ) and the word "venom " came up again.
Frank wrote: " I would encourage Neil and NDY and Rev_Enue to share their own testimonies here on this thread "

What is the deeper problem?
Paul wrote: "For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified."

But our flesh, our "addictions", our heritage etc are often stronger then our desire to "live for Christ"
Paul wrote: I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me (Galatians 2:20)

If we could say that our fellowship would be different.

Blessings

2016/5/1 23:31

Re:

Thank you, Savannah and Markus, for understanding.

I am very happy to take a break from the forum for a time.

2016/5/1 23:41

Re:

"I am very happy to take a break from the forum for a time."

I think that would be very wise Julius, but please do come back, I have been blessed by your gentle and encouraging spirit towards others.

Personally, I could not care less what a persons eschatological view are...as long as they love Jesus and treat others with patience, kindness and love.

I have sat by the wayside listening in on many of these discussions with Julius and although I DO NOT agree with his views, I do not feel that he has been treated well.

The way some of you have spoken down to and treated Julius is shameful. And it is not just with cutting words, but with an unpleasant and superior spirit in some cases. Some attribute him to having an unclean spirit and others seem to be calling his very salvation into question?

Huh? Has this forum gone insane?

Some of you may have the more perfect view on eschatological issues but do you know the more perfect Way? Do you keep a perfect spirit of love towards those with whom you disagree on non-essentials?

And those of you who have locked horns and gone to battle with Julius in these "foolish arguments" threads certainly are not innocent. But have you ever reached out to him personally? Have you taken the time and gotten to know him? Or is your goal in life to merely gain the theological high ground over others?

Like I said, I feel Julius is dead wrong on Amillenism and other non-essential things, but so what? He is my brother and thats all that matters.

Personally I do not know why Julius has bothered to stay so long on these forums, I would have left long ago if I had endured the treatment that some of you have given him.

And brother Frank, seriously? After what Julius has been through here do you really think he can just walk it off and open up his heart to people who feel this way about him? What is there NOT to understand about why he would choose to keep his private life to himself?

Frank if you are so interested in Julius's personal life, why not reach out to him privately and give him a call? I am being serious. If you did this you never know what God might do???

I personally believe a miracle would take place!

2016/5/2 1:35
brothagary

Re:

I agree with you mark ,absolutely shameful ,name calling ,I seen all from the side lines ,Julius has been treated badly ,moderators should have nipped it the bud so to speak ,,I'm like mark I completely disagree with Juliuses views on esctology,and other things ,and I think he erring big time ,the way he continues to promote and defend it to the death ,so to speak ,but there's no need to gang up him and spout bad language ,

May god give us wisdom to no what to do and how we should Handel others we disagree with us on non essentials....

I leave us with something ,that Paul said ,

Knowlage puffs up
But love edafies

Let us ask our selves a question honestly ,,,

Is my gaining knowlage or having knowlage puffing me up ????

To be honest in this little skirmish I see it on both sides

If your knowlage on eschatology causes you to look down on or attack with satanic name calling ,,, . Your puffed ..

If you knowlage on esctology causes you to continually feel the need to have the last say and be herd ,,,,,, .. Your also puffed

Let's Gard hearts ,and judge our selves !!!

2016/5/2 3:15Profile

Re:

I have been missing a lot of recent discussions due to health challenges (praise God for His continued guidance) but l would just like to say please don't leave Julius, your posts are a great blessing to me.

You are always polite and extremely worth hearing.

2016/5/2 3:51
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
And brother Frank, seriously? After what Julius has been through here do you really think he can just walk it off and open up his heart to people who feel this way about him? What is there NOT to understand about why he would choose to keep his private life to himself?

In most cases Christians should be able to share their testimony with others, this is one way we essentially get to know each other because the only reason we are talking together on this forum is because of Jesus Christ, period.

To say that our testimony is a pearl that we cannot share with other believers is wrong thinking, rather if there are christians that are not unified with us in certain theological and bible verse thinking if we share our testimony it should only bring unity and further agreeance that we are all brothers and sisters together in the Lord.

There is no reason for saints such as the 5-6 brethren listed in this thread to focus more on Jesus and share encouraging exhortations towards christian life and not post on end times viewpoints. Actually this might be what the Lord is trying to show some of you brethren that it is more important to the Lord to fellowship around His Son then every nuance of end times doctrine.

I agree with brother Mark that it is shameful how some brethren have responded to those who they disagree with on BOTH sides, it actually is more important to have the right attitude of love then be right in doctrine alone. If you cannot love someone and express it then you are probably not the right person who has the fruits of the spirit of GENTLENESS TO teach someone.

2 Timothy 2:25New International Version (NIV)

25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

Lastly, I have asked repeated times for saints to not post on certain end times views and my heeds have gone unwarranted. This disregarding speaks to a deeper issue of submission to any authority in one's life and not willing to respect others in the body of Christ, especially any form of servant leadership.

It is a privilege for all of us to post on these forums beside some of the godliest saints in Church history. Does our testimony in words add to this salt and light on the internet or are we pleasing the enemy of our souls in bring discord, envy, hurts, jealousies, bitterness, hard words, condemnations, accusations, etc.

2016/5/2 7:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy