SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When you see Jerusalem compassed with armies...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

When you see Jerusalem compassed with armies...

I have a question:

Does anyone consider this scripture a two-fold prophetic scripture? In other words, it came true in 70AD and it will come true again, just before the Lord comes back?

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

2016/5/1 14:29
savannah

Re: When you see Jerusalem compassed with armies...

I have a question:

Does anyone consider this scripture a two-fold prophetic scripture?

I certainly don't! But Jeff does. He wrote in another thread,

"Jerusalem will again be surrounded by armies (is already surrounded by Islamic nations that hate Israel & will be surrounded by their armies one day again on a much larger scope/scale. And 70 AD was a picture of what's to come. The first installment. But the eventual final apocalyptic fulfillment just before the Day of the LORD is still to come & this one will reconcile ALL the prophecies of the Olivet Discourse, Daniel (where Jesus is actually quoting from in Matthew 24), & all the rest of the prophets. So it was "a fulfillment" but not THE Final fulfillment."

2016/5/1 14:40Profile

Re:

Ok, so what is the posture of the Church towards Israel when Israel is surrounded by armies?

Does the Church just pray and intercede for them or do they get involved, physically, somehow?

What has been the posture of the Church the last 40 years and what level of involvement is the Church supposed to have from a physical and scriptural point of view when the nation of Israel is assaulted?

2016/5/1 14:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: When you see Jerusalem compassed with armies...

Brother,

Many try and point to Nero as the partial or full fulfillment of this passage. I believe it is stretching passages in Daniel and in the Gospels to make it fit with Nero. "compassed with armies" is plural so it seems as if many nations will come against the jewish people and particularly jerusalem.

Also brother, I believe this subject has been discussed too much in the current few weeks so I will ask you to please put it to rest for a time and try and find things in the Scripture and on this website that can encourage your daily walk with the Lord.

In the beginning of the passage in Luke 21 it says:

8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them. 9 When you hear of wars and uprisings, do not be frightened.

We can take heed to this and receive encouragement to not be deceived or be caught up in fear.

And later on I believe a very important exhortation we all need to heed is:

34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

2016/5/1 14:47Profile

Re:

No, this is a new discussion, Greg. I am trying to ascertain if Christians today believe in running from carnal aggression as Jesus indicated or do they believe in taking up arms to safeguard what they say is God's physical nation, Israel?

I think the scriptures are clear that our battle is not carnal and we risk losing our soul if we think we are doing God's bidding to go to war against carnal enemies of carnal Israel or any carnal/earthly country for that matter.

I would like to know if anyone that believes in God bringing His spiritual kingdom to carnal Israel and saving everyone all at once, believe that He will do it Himself or the Church will be engaged by God to engage Israel's enemies, militarily. I know John Hagee and his followers believe this. Do other millennialists believe this.

Greg, you are a millenialist, right? Do you believe the Church is supposed to take up arms to defend carnal Israel? (by carnal, I mean earthly nation).

2016/5/1 15:45

Re:

This scripture twisting to demonize Israel and God's eternal purpose for them is back in full force. They are not so subtle any longer, they are no longer camouflaging their venom toward the seed of Abraham, Isaac
and Jacob.

2016/5/1 16:02

Re:

I am of the seed of Abraham, how could I hate my own?

My question remains. I will make is simple and to the point:

Is the Church prophesied to take up carnal arms to execute the vengeance of the Lord?

2016/5/1 16:05

Re:

Neil you posted this:

"In the past 6 months , a fell and dark spirit has come over this forum, I speak the truth in Christ. It manifests itself in all the "-ism's and -ist's", "doctrines", "theologies"....in putting up MAN MADE "fence lines" between "old and new Testaments", appropriating....no...nay, outright thievery of God's blessings and curses, attaching curses to the Vine, and stealing blessings to Ingrafted Vines, of parsing Portions of Scripture to make MAN....."right in their OPINIONS"..."

Sad but true.
These foxes are attempting destroy the vine located here on SI and if left unchecked will .......... but this need not be.

2016/5/1 16:45

Re: Brother Greg, do you see it yet?

You have a rebel on this website, with an "agenda"...singular, almost as if he was being whipped along by something truly unholy.

FIRST, he makes an OP that is designed to be incendiary, as has been his wont for many months now.

then you, in all meekness, make a very simple request:

"Also brother, I believe this subject has been discussed too much in the current few weeks so I will ask you to please put it to rest for a time and try and find things in the Scripture and on this website that can encourage your daily walk with the Lord."

and instead of complying, the poster in question, shoots this right back at you:

"No, this is a new discussion, Greg.".....and even serves as a sort of neo-inquisitor to you, by almost asking/demanding;

"Greg, you are a millenialist, right? Do you believe the Church is supposed to take up arms to defend carnal Israel? (by carnal, I mean earthly nation). "

Greg, it seems like he's baiting YOU, who have labored thru two decades.

Back in the day, if someone had "agenda" and was not submissive to forum leadership?....their posting privileges were ended.

Frankly, I believe the poster in question was SENT to both throw the forum into an uproar and/or destroy the witness.

2016/5/1 17:03

Re:

To Julius:
And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

It seems like a lot of these straw men & banana peels have been explained at tremendous length before. There's either a problem in communication, an inability to hear & listen without a block, or something else.

I'm not taking up any arms except the weapons of our warfare in the scriptures, & the armor of God, to pRay & intercede.

Respectfully, why not post something occasionally the Lords doing in your life, something showing the fruit of the "Kingdom of God within", etc. These same old controversial posts on the same thing over and over and over again? If you say I've done it too, it was in response to the onslaught & not being able to sit & watch it anymore. But even when others go quiet, you keep bringing it up, keep coming, keep laying false things at the feet of those who disagree with your view. What's driving/motivating you bro?

Even when people answer all the questions, it's as if you don't hear & then regroup to come back again with the same stuff sooner or later? For someone who doesn't believe at all in a "material" kingdom, but only a "spiritual kingdom within" - What is God doing in your life? How is your theology affecting your Orthaproxy?

God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/1 17:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy