SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Jesus Christ the Focus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: Brother Dee Miller (2)

I have been privileged in my life time to walk with many great saints up close and personal, like a dear brother who is in his late 70s, every where we go he stops people, just in the course of his normal day and asks them if they know Jesus and usually concludes with asking them if he can pray for them, right there, no matter the setting.
I am good friends with a Pastor from Africa who comes to America every 2-3 years to minister here, one day after he had spent 3 days and nights in a host churches sanctuary he asked to be dropped off in the middle of Canton downtown, three days later I learned of the rest of the testimony, while he was on that corner waiting on the Lord a Messianic Jewish Pastor from a church 35 miles away came walking by that very corner in that very hour and the two of them began to fellowship. That Saturday Peter was the guest speaker at that fellowship which has since been there to Africa and helped him in ministering to so many and planting churches(I think 80 or so by now, plus schools and at least 1 orphanage that I know of)
Than there was my first real Pastor, he was a student during the Revival that happened in Kentucky on the college campus there way back when.
My neighbor was a Pastor who traveled with Kathryn Kuhlman and her ministry ,he was used by The Lord to do many divine miracles and right before he went to be with the Lord he witnessed Jesus open the eyes of a blind man who was completely blind from his youth.
You see my dear Brother Neil I have had the awesome privilege to be in the company of the humble servants of the Lord, these brothers and sister did the works of Jesus in life and I have been an eye witness to so many things. I have learned to recognize those who have the thumbprint of God on their souls, just like you my dear brother, your best days are ahead of you. And I trust that The Lord Himself will give you a token for good to that very fact.

I know that I write very little on the forums, it really is not because I do not want to but it is so hard to show a smile in the written words, or to convey the proper emotion without being misunderstood, so mostly I just pray for those who ask for it and if I can answer with just a few sentences and hopefully offer some comfort, I do. On a personal note I have appreciated Bro. Greg and you and so many of the brothers and sisters on this site for so many years, that time would elude me. God Bless Bro. DMiller

2016/5/1 19:34Profile

He just did...that token for good, thru you Brother Dee

(just spent another half an hour on my back, pondering)

I almost started weeping at your post, but didn't...you weep when you weep....I can say in a healthy sense I was undone by your testimony and forthtelling.

there is so much MORE, I wish to share with you, I could write it HERE, BUT God says, 'private'...may your dreams be so anointed and full of loveliness tonight, God love you older brother, neil xo.

2016/5/1 20:52
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: He just did...that token for good, thru you Brother Dee

Hebrews 12:1-2New International Version (NIV)

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2016/5/2 7:03Profile
passerby

Re:

If the Lord Jesus is the focus of our beliefs and devotion, then we must embrace Him for all that He is.

He is the God and protector of Israel, He is the God of the covenants, He is the God and giver of the commandments, He is the God of the prophesies and to these we should bow with utmost fear and reverence before Him.

Who are we sinners to despise or talk in a bashing manner any of what He loves, any of His covenants and commandments, as if they came from the devil himself.

We are just so fortunate now that we are in a different era, but let us not become too presumptuous with subtlelities and gobbledygook of theology.

2016/5/2 10:23Profile

Re:

I understand if people don't want to believe in restorationism. I think it's incorrect, but those whose heart it is to uphold scripture, as they see it, I can respect that. I personally believe that More study & seeking the Lord will clear some of that up (studying the prophets & NT prophecy, not the thoughts of men).

But, it must at least be noted that Jesus is returning & will place his feel on "The Mount of Olives" in Jerusalem. Not in Instanbul. Not in New York, Not in Moscow, or London, or Sydney, or Cairo, but Jerusalem. That in itself, although not a carte Blanche that necessarily alone means "everything", but I think it should be acknowledged at minimum it means "something". Otherwise, one would have to continue to self-create & support an interpretive paradigm where that too (like everything else) must be "allegorized" into meaning something, or anything, where it eventually means/intends nothing.

2016/5/2 11:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy