SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Jesus Christ the Focus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Is Jesus Christ the Focus?

The question.......

Is Jesus Christ the central focus in both the Old and the New Testament? Is He the point by which all scripture is to be interpreted? Does all of redemptive history center on Jesus Christ, that would be His person and work?

Respectfully posted for discussion. Hopefully with no theology.

2016/5/1 8:50
dohzman

Re: Is Jesus Christ the Focus?

I enjoyed what Neil posted in a different thread.....Yes.
Thats a good answer, anything beyond that is theology:)

Websters: Simple Definition of theology
: the study of religious faith, practice, and experience : the study of God and God's relation to the world
: a system of religious beliefs or ideas

2016/5/1 9:11Profile

Brother Dee Miller, did you mean this..

Portion of Scripture?

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 18:1-4 (ESV)

quite frankly?.....in the recent months, visiting and reading the endless "-ism's and "ist", threads have left me most disheartened and broken hearted for a whole plethora of reasons I don't even want to elucidate.
God love you, neil

2016/5/1 9:35
docs

Re: Hi neilgin

Would it be possible for us to talk a bit? I sure want to say a few things to you by way of peace and a bit of recociliation. My email is on my profile if you want to contact me. If you're not inclined I am okay with that but I sure would like to talk even if briefly.

Now back to Blaine's excellent question.

2016/5/1 9:42Profile

Re:

David are you talking to me or Neil.

Oh I see you're talking to Neil. I didn't think you and I had any disagreements. At least I hope we didn't bro.

2016/5/1 10:45
docs

Re: Nary a one!

/I didn't think you and I had any disagreements. At least I hope we didn't bro./

Nary a one! I appreciate your tone and attitude and the Christian works you are involved in.

Thanks and blessings.

I would guess that Jesus Christ is the central focus of most theoological systems and the central focus of the Bible. That may be a controversial statement I realize because all systems can't be correct. Yet, historic premill, dispensational premill, amillennialism and post-millennialism all base their present and future hopes on Christ and His atoning work as they have come to understand iot from the Bible. And this atoning Christ was clearly pre-existent (His goings forth have been from of old) so He was clearly central in the OT although the prophets were a bit restless as they sought to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them ("within them" - Christ indwelling in the Old Testament?) was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow (I Peter 1:11). It was Christ Himself predicting the sufferings of Christ to come. Ha! He's kind of on top of His game isn't He!!!

Or maybe we might say the central focus is God the Father and His plans of redemption for mankind based on the atoning work of His Son whom He sent into the world in the fullness of time. I've heard it said that the Father's covenant is with His Son and not us but by grace we are allowed to particiapte in that covenant. So maybe the Father's eternal purpose realized in Christ is the central focus of the Bible. None of the major theological systems argue much over the supremacy of Christ and the absolute necessity of the new birth coming from the work of Calvary. Yet Christ is the radiance of the Father's glory and the exact representation of the Father's nature (Hebrews 1:3). "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father," Christ said. So maybe the Father is the central focus of the Bible bringing about His plans of redemption and eternal glory through Christ who now indwells us through His Spirit. After all, when all is said and done,

"And when all things are subjected to Him (Christ), then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One (the Father) who subjected all things to Him (Christ), that God (the Father) may be all in all. (I Cor 15:28).

"However, when everything is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also subject Himself to [the Father] Who put all things under Him so that God may be all in all [be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life]." (I Cor 15:28 - AMP Bible)

Sunday morning musings here.

2016/5/1 11:22Profile

Re: David

Very good musings for s Sunday morning bro Your post was very thought-provoking. For sure God, the Father, is working out His olan of pedemption through God, His Son. And it would seem to me that His plan of redemption is being applied through God, the Holy Spirit.

Maybe it can be said that the Triune God is the center of scripture. Uh oh! I am starting to think. That is dangerous for me. :-)

So is it the theologians and their systems of theologies that make things complicated? Makes me long for that simple song of Fernando Ortega, Give Me Jesus. :-)

Sunday morning musings from a fellow brother.

Thank you for your post David.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/1 12:27
dohzman

Re:

That simplicity and yearning I see in Bro. Neil is what I so enjoy and yet he can be pretty deep, as I see many on here can be but honestly I really love simplicity, not intellectual stupidity but simplicity, I see a difference here. What amaze s me about The God Head is that by His very nature He yearns for us to become like Him so that "we" can enjoy the fullest possible fellowship with Him and each other in the bonds of holiness and the highest degree of unselfish love possible in this life and perfected in the life to come. That is what blows my mind.

2016/5/1 12:43Profile

Re: Dohzman

2 Cor.11:3

But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

I believe the above verse expresses the heart of your post brother.

2016/5/1 13:35

Brother Dee Miller (2)

my dear brother....loved, I have just been laying back for about a half and hour now, just pondering everything, what you wrote in response to my simple flawed walk with God, thinking I deserve no esteem, as the kind you wrote, with love, thinking about the situation we have in world, the situation we have in this Faith, the situation we have in our souls, the situation we bear in these cracked clay vessels, or you could say "blades of grass" we inhabit for a season, the situation on this portion of cyberspace, the internet, this forum....all of it Dee.

and what came of this half and hour?....I don't know, and yet in certain aspects I do know, and the only Reason I MIGHT know is because God tells me, and I know the Sound of His Voice....and for that, I am so grateful to Him, I know that God loves me, whether it be God/Yahweh the Father, or Messiah Jesus the Son...I know that, I have ever since I was 7, and first crossed the threshold of our synagogue, the second I crossed, God has always been SO REAL to me, He protects me, loves me, has given me gifts of skill or knowledge....how can I ever REALLY "thank Him" enough?

How can I ever really thank Him enough for impelling YOU, via the indwelling Holy Spirit to testify about ME?!?....as if I am "anything", but another blade of grass?....and that is no false humility, its just knowing where I stand , love people, love them in their exquisite brokenness and flawed natures......as best as we can with our OWN brokenness.

In the past 6 months , a fell and dark spirit has come over this forum, I speak the truth in Christ. It manifests itself in all the "-ism's and -ist's", "doctrines", "theologies"....in putting up MAN MADE "fencelines" between "old and new Testaments", appropriating....no...nay, outright thievery of God's blessings and curses, attaching curses to the Vine, and stealing blessings to Ingrafted Vines, of parsing Portions of Scripture to make MAN....."right in their OPINIONS"....

its all so terrible and wrong, I cant even continue typing.

in 2002, God led me here, because by HIM, I knew the Theo-concept of "Revival" was good and pure, put it into "google" and was gifted with two websites, "Fireonthealtar dot com", and Sermonindex, and by His love, he led me to the only three human vessels I listen to (preachers, revivalists, exhorter's) and they are Len Ravenhill, Duncan Campbell, and Michael Brown....and I've listened to SO many of their testimonies and exhortations.....thrilled and filled me, and thru fireon thealtar, God gave me a heaven sent ministry for 3 years, 2002-04, which was cutting compilations with Jesus....and we took a small testimony of Duncan Campbells, about a 16(!) year old boy who was caught up in high places with God, and thru his tears, he raised a hand to Heaven and stated a VERY SIMPLE Reality....even today , 13 years later, I listen to it "Young Donald McPhail Prays"....and I am both crying with joy, and crying in sorrow....joy?...because I know this can happen again, and sorrow, because I know, if we keep heading in the current course, billions of people will die.....

My ONLY burden is REVIVAL, which is God's Glory...for you brother Dee....its just a tiny taste that God is Loving and Good..
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=5675

God love you, neil

2016/5/1 16:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy