SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Are we unleashing a monster?-Donald Trump

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Yeah, amen

2016/5/6 0:12

Re:

Quote: "consider on how the early church interacted when they confronted each other, I believe in the original it was a pretty heated exchange, I do'not think it was at all politically correct."

it might have been a "pretty heated exchange" - but so what? Are you now saying we can all behave in this manner and it is 100% pleasing to God?

In Kadesh Barnea the congregation took up stones against Joshua.
Does this prove to you that this is a God approved behavior and we can therefore do the same today?
Shouldn't we aim for a bit more godliness? Lord help us !

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

2016/5/6 3:09
dohzman

Re:

I rather like the example contrasting Peter and Paul to be honest, because it show cases 2 strong personalities coming at a circumstance from completely opposite sides. Your example of Kadesh Barnea was out right rebellion. All that said, I think we forget that we are all works in progress and none of us have arrived yet, at least not in this life. In many Christian circles it seems like we would rather be more robotic than human and because of that we come off as being less than authentic. As to be pleasing to God? I am not altogether sure there is anything we can really do aside from His grace and the presentation of Christ in us that can please Him to be honest. The true story of history is seen in heaven as,"look what God has been able to accomplish through such flawed beings". And while we all have knowledge of scripture like the Rom 12:2 one you sited, are we all honestly walking 100% in that one...all of us...some of us, probably very few of us. I believe it is difficult to write in a forum to one another accurately because we can not see each other face to face and we have not had to chance to break bread together or placed in a position to share one another's burdens and prayer concerns, we have never laughed with each other nor have we cried with each other over some life tragedy. So when I made the comment off of Bro. Neil's post to Julius I was really just noting that in the end He is human and at some point, aren't we all? The same with Peter and Paul.

2016/5/6 5:37Profile

Re:

"I rather like the example contrasting Peter and Paul to be honest, because it show cases 2 strong personalities coming at a circumstance from completely opposite sides. Your example of Kadesh Barnea was out right rebellion. All that said, I think we forget that we are all works in progress and none of us have arrived yet, at least not in this life. In many Christian circles it seems like we would rather be more robotic than human and because of that we come off as being less than authentic. As to be pleasing to God? I am not altogether sure there is anything we can really do aside from His grace and the presentation of Christ in us that can please Him to be honest. The true story of history is seen in heaven as,"look what God has been able to accomplish through such flawed beings". And while we all have knowledge of scripture like the Rom 12:2 one you sited, are we all honestly walking 100% in that one...all of us...some of us, probably very few of us. I believe it is difficult to write in a forum to one another accurately because we can not see each other face to face and we have not had to chance to break bread together or placed in a position to share one another's burdens and prayer concerns, we have never laughed with each other nor have we cried with each other over some life tragedy. So when I made the comment off of Bro. Neil's post to Julius I was really just noting that in the end He is human and at some point, aren't we all? The same with Peter and Paul."

Amen!

2016/5/6 9:40
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"I agree we need smart people in the white house, but I'll take godly over smart every time."

As I recall James Earl Carter was the most religious president of the US in recent history. He went to church regularly and taught an adult SS class at his home church. Tourists would make it a point to attend his church on the Sunday he was scheduled to teach. His critics would also agree he was a man of upright moral character.

However..

Some historians will tell you he was among the worse presidents in recent history. I am in no position to defend this evaluation but I remember people being very displeased with him and his policies.

Just thought I would share a bit of history as I recall it.

Sandra

2016/5/6 21:51Profile

Re:

Is there a difference between Godly and religious? I guess what was in my mind when I said I would choose godly over smart is someone who hears God is also receiving divine wisdom.

But, in the end, as rookie said, it is God that raises up "kings". I never would have elevated Obama (neither smart or godly), but God has His purposes.

2016/5/6 22:13
rookie

Re:

Dohzman wrote:

"In many Christian circles it seems like we would rather be more robotic than human and because of that we come off as being less than authentic."

What you said here brought to mind this thought:

The Scriptures always teach us to look for the fruit of a life lived. A robot has a set of instructions that it must obey. It's actions are predetermined by the instruction set. When failure is encountered, the robot has no way to correct what is wrong. This seems to be the fruit of a Christian who has learned about the Law of God. And has repeatedly suffered failure in abiding to the Law of God. He or she is inwardly ashamed, and often times finds displeasure in others who exhibit and remind themselves of their own failures.

Being human, and "walking with our Lord" will become more transparent to all. As the Lord shows us all the times He has been merciful to us, we too learn how weak we truly are. We also begin to recognize those weaknesses in others and realize that our Lord is also merciful to the brethren as He is with us. We are no longer held in bondage to shame inwardly, so we begin to view the brethren in the same way. The recognition of failure in others, once inciting condemnation of that individual inwardly, begins to be replaced with a shared sorrow of how we struggle in the flesh in this world. We recognize the corruption that Satan has sowed in us, and all the sorrow that corruption reaps in God's creation.

The fruit that matures, will grow to "authenticate" the mercy and grace of our Lord's work in our own lives. What is hidden will be brought out into the light. Our struggles will be acknowledged before others and shared by others. The walls of the "whitewashed" tombs will begin to crumble, because our Lord is at work in our lives.

Dohzman...blessed are the peacemakers.

2016/5/7 10:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy