SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Wal-Mart is next...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Wal-Mart is next...

I have an immediate family member in the ranks of Wal-Mart to be involved in these type of meetings among management, & the fact is that Wal-Mart is heading the same direction as Target on the Transgenders & "Sexually Identifying" to enter the bathroom of their choice. I mention this not to engender strife, or start a big debate, but to say that this is the continual evolution (as Greg said previously) of the "modern day Sodom & Gomorrah" that is American society.

As for me, I just quit Target & Wal-Mart. Albertsons, Sprouts & Trader Joe's all have "individual" (1-toilet) single bathrooms with door locks. That's where I will be buying all my groceries & stuff from now on, but that's just my own personal conviction. I still hope Target goes out of business, & I hope Wal-Mart sees huge profit losses. But, I don't have control over anything on a large scale but me & my family (although with 9 of us, my grocery spending is 2-3x the average families 😊).

Greg, I thought this would be ok given its new (insider) info on a giant like Wal-Mart. If you see this as problematic, obviously you are free to remove it at your discretion brother.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/30 11:30
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Wal-Mart is next...

Lets see, less than 3 percent of the adult U.S. population is a sexual minority, the federal government says in a new report that asks people about their sexual orientation and health. About 97 percent of the adult U.S. population, or 224 million people, described themselves as “straight” or heterosexual, the National Center for Health Statistics said in a new study on sexual orientation data in the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS).

So Wally World wants to satisfy the 3%? What great business minds. :-)

2016/4/30 11:56Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

One thing that businesses like Wal Mart and Target understands is that when you have large numbers of people that are no longer shopping at their stores, and because of their catering to the transgender and homosexual crowd that they are loosing money, they will soon be changing their policy.

Target has already changed their policy on the bathroom issue as a result of a strong backlash from Christians and just people with common sense that realize that men should not be allowed in the same restroom with little girls.

Yes, we are of another Kingdom, but we are in this world, and we are to be salt and light, let our voices be heard, and not allowing the devil to just have his way in our nation. The pastors in early America preached the gospel and spoke out a clear word on the social issues.

There should be no doubt at all where your pastor stands on marriage and homosexuality, and if he gives any indication at all of compromise, you should flee from that church.

That being said, we need to love all sinners, which would include homosexuals and transgenders. Jesus died for them, and we are called to be ministers of reconciliation. A homosexual will never listen to what we have to say if we do not have a true love in our hearts for them. At the same time, we don't compromise the truth. I am amazed at what some of the mega church pastors are saying in these interviews on the liberal networks about homosexuality, and is Jesus the only way to be saved. They wouldn't even have to give their own opinion on the matter, but simply read from the scriptures what God says about it. Sure it will cause the opposition to become angry, but those that receive the truth will be saved and set free. There are many homosexuals that have come under conviction, repented of their sin, and changed their lifestyle. Some are even marrying a person of the opposite sex and having a normal family. We should never be afraid to stand on God's side on the issues.

2016/4/30 12:20Profile

Re:

Well said Mike.

And we often can even call things "social issues" that really are also "moral issues". For example, I think it's mostly in ignorance, but it causes something in my spirit to ache when people call abortion "a social issue"? Say what? Murdering babies is first & foremost a moral (even spiritual) issue. Letting men come in the bathroom where my wife & daughters are pulling down their pants is definitely a "moral issue", not just a "social issue"

Anyways, my 2 cents,
God bless,
Jeff

2016/4/30 12:40
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Great post Brother Mike.

The company’s "Target" stock was two cents shy of $84 on April 19, when it revealed it would not allow shoppers to use single-sex bathrooms or changing rooms. Instead, all rooms were opened up to anyone claiming to be of either sex. As of 4.00 p.m. Friday, the stock had dropped almost $4.50, down to $79.50. That’s a huge loss of 5 percent in stock value, costing shareholders roughly $2.5 billion in company value.

I've always heard the best way to get anyones attention is get into their pocket books. You can bet your last dime, the stockholders will be catching the phone lines on fire.

2016/4/30 12:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Good-- another reason to avoid Walmart. There were plenty before-- this is just icing.

2016/4/30 15:13Profile

Re:

LOL! I know right. I hate Wal-Mart. 😊

2016/4/30 15:30
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Change building codes for all new buildings. No more gender specific restrooms. Just a bunch of small rooms with full height locking doors and one sink and one toilet in each room.
Problem solved.

2016/5/1 10:52Profile

Re:

Mr. Bill,
Yeah, but they won't do that. There's an agenda here whether many of the secular systems & institutions even realize it. Makes me think of that old Art Katz Sermon about the systems, principalities & powers at work in the earth, called "Recognize the Influence."

You can listen to it here on SI:
http://ia600708.us.archive.org/33/items/SERMONINDEX_SID22798/SID22798.mp3

Target was clear in their statements about not just being willing to allow this, but actually wanting to promote this agenda. They don't "want" privacy. They want you to get over your "hangups" & just let the perverts be perverts & not fight it. It's about the principalities, powers of the air, & spirit of this age.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/5/1 11:50
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

From my viewpoint, Walmart isn't next. It was first. I haven't shopped there in about 15 years.

When it comes to boycotts, it really is a matter of conscience more than anything else. I can understand why some people DO boycott. If I had children, I would have led the charge. Personally, I boycotted Target anyway simply because their motives aren't simply to be inclusive and politically correct, but to unapologetically FORCE the homosexual agenda on society with gusto and a villainous sneer on their faces. Their decisions over the years prove their evil intentions.

But, there are also people who can't afford to boycott stores like Walmart and Target because their incomes are very limited and they need those low prices to stretch their funds. I empathize with them, too.

Some sincerely don't want to boycott because it could risk innocent people's jobs. I can't hold having compassion against them, can I?

I boycotted Walmart many, many years ago when their bullying business practices and deceptions came to light. It's become much more evident with all the recent sudden closings of hundreds of their stores. If you haven't researched them on YouTube, I would suggest doing so. Videos posted with tanks and other military vehicles in the parking lots, etc., Whether you even believe it or not is virtually irrelevant because it's simply not normal and highly suspicious anyway. I also didn't like how they purposely set out to put mom-n-pops out of business.

Still, with all of that said - personal feelings and opinions aside - it's my belief that even when it comes to boycotting any store, it should be a matter taken before the Lord in prayer first. It shouldn't be assumed as an "obvious choice" because there it's not specifically in the scriptures to do this. Whole cities were evil but the disciples still prayed about it and went to them at God's leading.

Philippians 4:6-7, "Be anxious for nothing, but IN EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

--- This is one of many examples of scriptures declaring that we should pray about all things. We honor God by going to Him first always. And the reason we do this is because of:

Proverbs 16:2, "All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, But the Lord weighs the MOTIVES."

--- We can choose to do the right thing but with the wrong motive. Our motives matter to God. Even simply choosing to boycott on our own because the reason for it is obvious, may not be what God has in mind for us personally.

I signed the Target boycott. It was the first political stance I made on anything in many years because I like to keep to myself. First, I had to repent for keeping to myself and not getting involved in the world because it was selfish. Secondly, I repented for boycotting Target without praying about it. For all I know, God may send me in there one day and I just might run into someone in the restroom that God wants me to speak to. I'm willing to do that, even if it means getting thrown out, arrested and/or facing public wrath and threats. (And trust me, where I live, I'd get all of that.)

If we are advised to pray before we post a simple comment on this forum, shouldn't we also pray first "and ask the Lord if you have the right spirit to serve others" in Target, too?

2016/5/1 13:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy