SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Boycotts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread

Re: broBill

I am not aware of anybody on this forum who is for homosexuality brother. Yes God burned Sodom and Gomorrah but this should make us weep. I am not saying this about you brother because I do not know you at all, but I know people who are full of hatred for sinners, especially homosexuals. It says a lot about their understanding of Christs love if they would actually want others to burn in hell. And it also shows their pride to think that they deserve less punishment for their sin compared to a homosexuals sin. Those who beat their chests and declare that they are "not like those filthy homosexuals" have forgotten that they too were once sinners.

"...malign no one, be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. FOR WE ALSO WERE ONCE foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy..." (Titus 3:2)

2016/4/29 18:20

Re:

Yeah,
Amen. I heard someone say, "we are no better than the most vile terrorist in the earth. God didn't save us because we are one bit better, but He saved us purely out of His abundant mercy & Grace." Amen. But that doesn't mean I have to "support terrorism" either. Likewise, I am no better than the most vile pervert ever born. I was saved by the same hope they have, the only hope, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That being said, I don't have to agree with them, nor support those institutions which support, ie celebrate, their sin.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/29 18:28
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Yes! the Bible does say, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ has forgiven you” (Ephesians 4:32). But in doing so, Jesus never instructs or expects us to be tolerant of compromising God’s Truth found in the Word of God. The Bible actually instructs Christians to take a stand against evil.“Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will be standing firm” (Ephesians 6:13).

Christians indeed have a personal responsibility to actively defend biblical truth from being distorted by those attempting to call ‘good bad and bad good.“Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter” (Isaiah 5:20). “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on solid rock” (Matthew 7:24).

I would remind all gay people who try to defend their sinful sexual lifestyle that whenever Jesus interacted with sinners, which he did quite often, he did not condone their sin— but he exhorted them to “go and sin no more.”

The problem today is that gays and all other people who practice immoral sexual behavior seem to have no desire to confess their sins and ask God to forgive them, but rather they desire to continue wallowing in their ever increasing frequency of sexual sins, and actually love to flaunt their sin in the media and courts in an attempt to gain societal popularity and legal approval of their sinful behavior.

2016/4/29 19:30Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes and mainstream Christianity fails to repent of its idolatries and lukewarmness.

Why do you think the USA is in the moral state that it is in? Because the Church in America is anemic and powerless and probably too far gone.

2016/4/29 20:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

And I might add that mainstream Christianity chooses easy routes like boycotting. God forbid we actually repent and turn back to God. But that costs a tad too much.

2016/4/29 20:47Profile

Re:

TMK,
While I think I understand the basic jist of your statement & sentiments, it's just not true across the board. I have repented. I am repentant. I am not looking for "short-cuts" or whatever else your stereo-type includes. But I still don't have to subject my family to weirdos & peeping toms in the restroom & I really hope Target goes out of business.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/29 21:13
bro_willy

Re:

Man, this boycotting post is getting out of hand. We have several guys on here calling people out and I just want to go to the john without folks checking my birth certificate. The last time I checked Christians could be Christians whether they had a birth certificate or not. Some people in Africa don't have birth certificates. I wonder what they could boycott? Huh? Are they not Christians for not having a birth certificate? That's what Billpro would say anyway.

2016/4/29 23:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Man alive Jeff I sure don't want you to subject your children to peepers in the restroom either. Gee whiz.

My bigger point is that this "moral majority" stuff that American Christianity has toyed with the past 30 years hasn't done squat. The American church has its eyes on all the evils in society and tries to politicize everything but the paradox is that the evils exist in large part because the church has not turned its eyes back on itself. It is so much easier to point fingers at an evil society than to look honestly in the mirror. And that goes for me as well. But it most assuredly goes for lots and lots of folks.

And if someone says that society would still be just as evil if the Church was running on all cylinders, then why try to change society? Like that irritating song from Frozen- just let it go, let it go.

2016/4/30 0:17Profile

Re:

Sorry,
I'm not trying to evaluate & change 30 years of history (that I can do nothing about & once you group simple decisions into "what movements they look like so they won't work" it gets over complicated IMHO & common sense & wisdom application go out the window) & see some master blueprint plan that will/won't work. I'm keeping it real simple: "love your neighbor as yourself", "preach the Gospel to every creature", "take up your cross & lay down your life", & "have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them."
God Bless you,
Jeff

2016/4/30 0:34
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

We ask that personal attacks not be done in these forums. If we disagree with a brother let us look to the issue and not accuse the actual brother. We are all changing our positions and growing in our understanding, let us have grace with each other.

I believe this thread has run its course and we will lock it.

I wanted to end with the clear note that sexual perversion like this is God's wrath on mankind who is being given over, it is not just like another sin but the end of the road for mankind that is rejecting God. That should put fear in our hearts that a world-wide homosexual and perversion movement is really a very clear indication that we are at the end of the age and near judgment. May we never give up praying for anyone locked away in such sexual sins and a debased mind.

We will be required to do things that in past ages they did not have to make such decisions. Perhaps we can put ourself in the shoes of Lot who had to live outside the city, though he also ended up compromising.

Romans 1:18-32

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

This thread is locked.

2016/4/30 6:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy