SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you classify this experience?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Jeremy221

Re: personality tests

I find this a worthwhile discussion. I found that I had similar experiences with false doctrine being piped into my mind when I tried to unshackle myself from the dead orthodoxy I was familiar with.

Thank you for fleshing this out.

2016/4/26 6:13Profile
brothagary

Re:

Now the biggest pentacostal church Aog ,have also become an emergent church ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=am41xpM3Rps

2016/4/26 7:18Profile

Re:

Churches with corporate structures depend on people and not on God for their survival. There is a lot of competition for nickels, noses, and numbers and many, many bills have to be paid. Inevitably, to bring these people in, they must and do change their 'sales pitch', from time to time, in order to remain relevant "in the world", and keep up with the competition. It is a "dog eat dog" (stressful) religious world. Any of you who have ever been in sales understands what I mean.

It's not about the Word of God anymore, it is all about the packaging, success in sales and outdoing the competition.

AOG has built a kingdom on earth that needs to be sustained.

Great movements of the Lord, have become monuments to men, and the Holy Spirit moves on. We are to move with the "Cloud", not vice-versa.

Exo 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

2016/4/26 8:57
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: How do you classify this experience?

John: Jesus told us that the Holy Spirit would guide us in all truth and show us things to come (John 16:13). So, I don't think it strange that the Holy Spirit would speak something to your spirit about "seduction", and then follow it up by revealing some things to you...especially if you are truly seeking God and His ways in your life.

A quick note about some denominations and movements. I have floated in and out of several of these movements for a number of years, watching and listening. Here is what I have found. There are those in the WoF movement who are really off and, in my opinion, deceived. However, I have seen the opposite as well. I have seen people in that movement who are solid as a rock and do not see things quite the same as those who are in left field. I think that is true of most denominational movements.

I do believe that we are approaching a pivotal moment in church history. It will be a time when there is a purifying and separation of the true church from the false. The gray will disappear and there will be clearly drawn lines of black and white that emerge. It is not that the false church will not continue to exist nor will they lose their "form of Godlineess", but they will deny the power. The true church will be refined and will come forth being led of and empowered by the Holy Spirit. God will, I believe, reveal to us the error that we are to avoid.

So, I think what you are hearing is from God. It certainly passes the Biblical test in my eyes.

2016/4/26 9:56Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

twayneb

I believe I heard from God in this as well. I have some who are trying to tell me God doesn't do that and they are falling in the Calvinist camp but online. I don't get it. Sometimes I think some of those people are die hard in saying that God does not use anything like that to speak to people. There are many times I wonder if they are doing more harm then good but I find the term 'Providence of God' come up alot on this circles. Is that scriptural? The providence of God?

I attend a reformed church solely for the preaching at the moment. They baptize infants but are careful to point out that it does not save them. It only seals them until the day they fulfill that calling of God to be born again.

WOF is very dangerous. I had a friend who passed away after using that theology to believe herself healed. She died of cancer.

I have also seen them used leavened bread for communion. Some of them have told it is not a big deal but in reality, shouldn't it be?

I think in these days there is a mass delusion with Christians in America that is happening. Praying for revival will not come to pass in the sense of American repenting. It is obvious to me that America is being given up by God to sin all she wants. It is the Christians responsible to seek God and preach the Gospel despite the cost of that. It is a part of taking up the cross. A deep delusion is that homosexuals are born that way and it is no sin as a result and in some instances it seems as if it is a part of their natural lives but therein is the delusion. Is God's Word true? Then homosexuality is sin.

We must love people and call people to repent but we must also not react harshly to those who respond harshly to us all the time. It serves only to provoke us and cause us to strive in the flesh and forget the Spirit of God within us. It is satan seeking to slap us into the flesh in order to cause those who need Jesus to laugh at us and push us off into the distance while they fall off a cliff.

2016/4/26 19:10Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

There are so many false doctrines and wildfire movements today that it is tempting to get paranoid and lock ourselves away in a fortress of orthodoxy and fire arrows at everyone who comes within bowshot. There are (at a rough estimate) 800,000,000 discernment websites which label anyone who claims a living relationship with God "a Gnostic" and insist that God only speaks thru the scriptures (an unscriptural proposition, to say the least!). So there are two perils: one is to fall prey to deceiving spirits; the other is to lock down in a dead orthodoxy to escape deception!

The only safe course is to be taught by the Spirit of truth Himself (John 16:13; 1 John 2:27). We recognize deception by being acquainted with truth; we recognize counterfeits by knowing the real.

2016/4/26 20:35Profile

Re:

Wayne,

Some interesting Christian history in this link about Christ in us.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/bible_books/?view=book_chapter&chapter=16513

III. THE OSIANDRIC CONTROVERSY (1549-1566).

It touched the central doctrine of Evangelical Lutheranism, justification by faith, whether it is a mere declaratory, forensic art of acquittal from sin and guilt, or an actual infusion of righteousness.

Luther and the other Reformers made a clear distinction between justification as an external act of God for man, and sanctification as an internal act of God in man; and yet viewed them as inseparable, sanctification being the necessary effect of justification. Faith was to them an appropriation of the WHOLE CHRIST, a bond of VITAL UNION WITH HIS PERSON FIRST, and in consequence of this a participation of his benefits.

In the Osiandric controversy, justification and sanctification were either confounded or too abstractedly separated, and the person of Christ was lost sight of in his work or in one of his two natures.

Andrew Osiander (1498-1552), an eminent Lutheran minister and reformer at Nuremberg (since 1522), afterwards Professor at Königsberg (1549), a man of great learning and speculative talent, but conceited and overbearing, created a great commotion by a new doctrine of justification, which he brought out after the death of Luther. He assailed the forensic conception of justification, and taught instead a medicinal and creative act, WHEREBY THE SINNER IS MADE JUST BY AN INFUSION OF THE DIVINE NATURE OF CHRIST, WHICH IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. This view was denounced as Romanizing, but it is rather mystical. He did not make justification a gradual process, like the Roman system, but a single and complete act, BY WHICH CHRIST ACCORDING TO HIS DIVINE NATURE ENTERS THE SOUL OF MAN THROUGH THE DOOR OF FAITH.

Osiander, certainly had his enemies. It was a pretty crazy time back then. I just took out one excerpt from that link. We think today is crazy with all the Emergent Church, Ecumenicalism, and cults galore, check out 1500AD to 1600AD.

Let's look at the Scriptures regarding union/fellowship with Jesus Christ.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, AND WE WILL COME UNTO HIM, AND MAKE OUR ABODE WITH HIM.

1Cor 6:17 But he that is JOINED UNTO THE LORD is one spirit.

1Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

2Pet 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE NATURE, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: AND TRULY OUR FELLOWSHIP IS WITH THE FATHER, AND WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY.

1Cor 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us WISDOM, and RIGHTEOUSNESS, and SANCTIFICATION, and REDEMPTION:

2016/4/27 1:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy