SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Atheists say it's time to 'push back' fundamentalism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Atheists say it's time to 'push back' fundamentalism

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - To the uninformed, this weekend gathering here may have seemed like a church revival, full of zeal and fervor. But worshipping God was most decidedly not part of the agenda.

The attendees of the "All Atheists Weekend" gathered to discuss what they call the rise of fundamentalism in the U.S. and the blurring of lines between church and state.

Attendees also took time to view documentaries that question the historical accuracy of the Bible - and to hear lectures about the dangers of religious icons on public property and problems with President Bush's so-called "faith-based initiative," which seeks to give religious groups equal footing in seeking federal grants to provide social services.

Organizers said they expected more than 250 people to take part in the event, which featured a lecture by Ellen Johnson, the president of American Atheists. The gathering began Friday and continued through Sunday at various spots throughout the city.

2005/5/23 16:22Profile

Re: Atheists say it's time to 'push back' fundamentalism

here's what I want to ask God for:

I want the gift of being able to weep like a baby coz that mob of atheists is going to burn in an eternal hell unless they repent and turn to Christ.

Please pray for me for this weekend. I will maintaining a table of free Gospel literature at the what has been termed a "bacchanal" the Topanga Days Festival.

to sniff out what this is 'about', click on the article in our newspaper.

[url=http://topangamessenger.com/articles.asp?SectionID=10&ArticleID=1314]Topanga Day love stories[/url]

pray that He gives me the gift to weep for the lost.

2005/5/23 16:42
Compton

Re:

Neil,

The article says it all...

Quote:
As I said a prayer invoking the moon so that she could meet a guy at that party...

God bless you for caring about these moon praying people.
Quote:
pray that He gives me the gift to weep for the lost

I said a prayer to our Jesus that someone can meet Him at that party bro. I'll continue...

2005/5/23 19:47Profile
roadsign

why not more atheists?

Quote:
they expected more than 250 people to take part in the event,

What a pitiful number! Why not thousand? Why have atheists not been able to get more organized - like other false religions .... mmmmm. Is it because they have nothing to offer? Their sole adjenda seems to be to bash down others - pointing out flaws, which, sadly, too often have some validity. Nevertheless - isn't that rather low?

I hardly see this meeting as a cause for alarm, maybe the low numbers are a cause for joy. Diane

2005/5/23 20:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy