SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Satan Defeated Today

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Satan makes war with the Saints and overcomes them with false doctrine. He has many believing as the Jews do, that a Deliverer is coming that will be a political and nationalistic Deliverer. Jesus rejected this the first time and it is just as false the second time. And because the Jews did not have eyes to see and ears to hear, they missed/rejected their Messiah. Now, many Christians do not have ears to hear and eyes to see, and are creating an innumerable amount of fables because they are taking all figurative, symbolic language and interpreting it as physical which produces very strange things.

It was the Jews that were persecuting Paul for preaching the "Hope of Israel". What was the Hope of Israel that Paul was preaching that the Jews did not agree with? Was it that a physical Deliverer did not matter any more? Was Paul telling the Jews that Jesus Christ was a spiritual Deliverer to save them from their sins? Or do you think Paul told them that "the Lord is coming again as a physical Deliverer to set up His kingdom on earth and you will be able to be saved then? I don't think Paul was telling them that because he continue to receive persecution. I think he was telling them that Jesus Christ, whom they rejected is your Messiah and you need to repent because He is not coming to deliver you from your carnal enemies, He wants to deliver you from your sins.

Paul believed he was living in the last days and that the Lord was coming. Something about Paul's preaching, about the "Hope of Israel" riled up the Jews? Why would they be riled up if Paul was agreeing with them that the Messiah was coming again to setup up His spiritual kingdom on earth?

Paul preached about the resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust and he preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Act 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
Act 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Paul could have avoided a lot of persecution if he only agreed with the Jews that a Kingly Messiah would bring His kingdom to earth and rid the Jewish nation of their carnal enemies.

Act 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Even though Paul said this in 24:14, there is no mention that his gospel was a gospel of an earthly reign over Israel's enemies.

No mention of a physical Deliverer, here either.
Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
Act 26:21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

Act 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Obviously, Paul never mentioned anything about a future Israeli kingdom on earth with a Messiah that puts down their carnal enemies.

And what did he preach? Jesus Christ and Him crucified!

Acts 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Paul could have saved himself a lot of persecution if he only preached of a future kingdom on earth where neighboring enemies were subdued by the Messiah.

Last verses of the book of Acts:
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
Act 28:29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
Act 28:30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
Act 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Paul did not teach the Jews about "signs" as many dispensationlists and millenialists do, today. They are all about signs and interpreting world events with the Bible.

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Why is the Christian Church telling ethnic Israel that a political, nationalistic Deliverer is coming? To avoid persecution? No, I don't think so. I think they really believe it.

2016/4/23 21:00

Julius

your words are false, and bear no truth in them.

2016/4/23 21:26

Re: Julius

Post deleted

2016/4/23 22:28

Re: Julius

Brother, respectfully, I ask please keep to the OP. The question is has satan been defeated today? Please keep your posts on the intent of this thread.

Bro Blaine

2016/4/23 23:18

Re:

Yep, sorry about the rabbit trail. I did respond to the op.

2016/4/23 23:20

Re: Julus

And your response had good thoughts. Gave me some things to think about.

Bro Blaine

2016/4/23 23:22

Re: Brenda

Sister you had some good thoughts regarding Romans 6. Christ died in 2000 years ago and defeated Satan at the cross. Romans 6 tells us that we were crucified with Christ. His death isn't actual objective historical fact. Our death with him is a spiritual reality. But the fact that we continue to struggle to reckon ourselves as dead in Christ. Is the issue our faith?

I don't know just pondering what you shared.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/23 23:27

Re:

Luke 10:18

I was watching Satan fall from Heaven like lightning.

Reelation 12:9

And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world, he was thrown down to the Earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Are these the same event?

2016/4/23 23:31

Re:

I think it is hard for many people to separate what victory means and what victory looks like. I want folks, especially you Julias and dont take this as negative against you, but it is really important to look at the cross. Look at Jesus on the cross. Nailed up there, rejected, tortured, stripped naked, taken outside the city to the garbage dump, and killed there. A notorious and ignominious death. This is victory, this is what the defeat of Satan looks like. The world and the spirit of the world hates this. This physical death looks like anything but victory, but it is and He made an open shame of Satan, by this death, according to Scripture.

" Forgive them Father for they know not what they do." Can you hear the chains falling brothers and sisters? The chains of hell and sin and death. Foolishness to those that are perishing, victory and glory to the saints. Satan will soon be loosed once more only this time will be his end. Satan himself will come in the anti-christ and he will get what he has always wanted. Every tribe, every tongue, every nation will bow down to him. This is what, in the very beginning, caused his fall, pride. He thought he could take Gods place! And now here he is, every living being bowing down to him. But wait, what will darkness do with the light of the saints? What will he do with the bearers of the truth? What did he do to Jesus? He will try and kill every voice that stands against him. But that's okay, for the saints overcome him as Jesus overcame him. Not by avoiding death, but by embracing it and crying out like Jesus did, not rendering evil for evil. This is how evil is defeated. This is the victory, Satan may destroy our bodies, like he did with the Apostles, but victory reigns eternally in the spirit of the saints. Praise God Satan was defeated at Calvary and millions of saints after Him were able to follow His example and even after the great falling away, God's remnant saints in these last days will follow His leading and we will take up our crosses willingly by the power of the Spirit that burns inside of us............bro Frank

2016/4/23 23:55

Re: The scandal of a crucified Messiah

Not taking it wrong at all, Frank. Very good!

Jesus did not look like a powerful messiah, someone who could lead armies and deliver men. Thus, He was rejected, amongst other reasons.

Isaiah 53 tells us this:

he hath no form nor comeliness;
and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
He is despised and rejected of men;
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief:
and we hid as it were our faces from him;
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

But, in His humility and willingness to become obedient even unto death on the cross, He demonstrated love for us and showed us the path to victory. His crucifixion became the single most powerful act in all of human history. That is not typically how man views overcoming.

We identify with Jesus and He in turns identifies with us as He has shown us the way of victory, the path to overcoming, the cross, becomes our victory as it was His victory, our touchstone of faith, as Jessie Penn-Lewis puts it.

It is in dying that we live.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

And I love this verse because we are meant to reign in life, by His life.

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

2016/4/24 0:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy