SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Satan Defeated Today

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

David writes......

"But there's no problem here. I was just respondinjg to her statement appolus yet I understood what you meant."

I amened you brother...........bro Frank

2016/4/23 10:54

Re:

Bro Jeff,

If it is possible to oversimplify things, is it not possible to overcomplicate things? When the Scriptures were written, were they written for theologians? Does one have to have a doctorate to understand or was it written for everyone? I have assurance of salvation and by the power of God Satan cannot harm me according to Jesus. If I follow the Lord and abide in Him then I will walk in freedom. Of course I can walk away from Him, that is a whole different matter.....bro Frank

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
(Joh 8:31-32)

2016/4/23 11:00

brothers Frank and Jeff

my two dear brothers, this portion of Scripture is very dear to my heart, and how I TRY to"walk" in Jesus:

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

or as in black folk meetings, the congregation will exhort the preacher with cries of "make it plain! make it plain!!"

in Jesus' love, neil

2016/4/23 11:24

Re: brothers Frank and Jeff

Amen Neil, truly when you read the red letters in the NT, you see something very simple and straightforward.......bro Frank

2016/4/23 11:38
docs

Re: Brother neilgin

Thanks for your words. You make me want to be there with you and we just sit together and contemplate and admire the loveliness and humility of Jesus together. You talkin' the right stuff bro.

Peace and blessings.

2016/4/23 11:51Profile

Re: Context

Jeff quoted this verse related to the question: is Satan defeated today.
Romans 16:20
The God of Peace will soon Crush Satan under your feet.
He implied that "soon" will be in an escatological event.

But this verse referred to our fight against the powers that are defeated, and our victory is guaranteed, if we remain in Christ.
This was an encouragement to the disciples that since Satan is already defeated his attempts to corrupt the true gospel will be put out by God promptly if they are obedient to the truth. This was clearly not a reference to an escatological event, but showed how useless Satans efforts are, if he tries to deceive, because soon he will be exposed and crushed by God.
Here is the whole context: Romans 16:17-20
"17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.19For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen."

Zsuzsanna

(Edited to correct spelling)

2016/4/23 12:01

Re:

Of course it's possible, but that's not a carte Blanche blanket statement that covers everything either. The foundations in Hebrews & elsewhere are called "milk". We are implored by scripture to "move on to meat", to "study to show thyself approved, workmen who need not be ashamed, but rightly dividing the Word of Truth", etc. & understanding the basic simple Tennants of the Gospel is easy day 1 of regeneration (though it expands as our walk & knowledge do), but the "deep mysteries" of God, & the prophetic truths of scripture are "mined". Surely you're not implying eschatology is as "simple" & obvious day 1 as "justification by faith"? That's not logical, true, or Biblical. So we are all hopefully trying to attain to the knowledge of the truth in these things, & anything can always be oversimplified or over complicated yes. I'm just sharing what I see in my study of the scriptures & walking with God. I can do no other.

2016/4/23 12:02

Re:

Romans 16 was written FAR after the ascension. So the soon either ultimately refers to at the end, or they weren't saved at the time is was written (to fit the previous contextual usage of the verse - which the original use of it wasn't mine, but Frank's if you will go back and read it), or you believe this happened in 70 AD (Preterism)? It must be one of those three or it makes no sense.

2016/4/23 12:09

Re: Is Satan Defeated Today

Thank you for this thread brother Blaine, I pray this will be very helpful to believers.

Yes, satan was defeated and disarmed at the cross, but many believers still believe that he has power over them. This is either because of a wrong understanding or because they have opened themselves up (through disobedience) to the enemies attack and in a sense, the Lord has "removed the hedge".

Also Paul is very clear in Ephesians that although satan was defeated on the cross he still has power to attack the saints. But in Christ those attacks come to nothing. Paul teaches us the way to withstand and overcome satans attacks...by putting on the full armor of God (putting on Christ) and through unceasing prayer.

In my case, because I lived a double life of sin for many years, I was very weak, prayerless, armorless and the enemy gained easy access into my life and family and was able to steal, kill and destroy us on many levels. Because I was not submitted to God I was unable to resist and overcome him. But thanks be unto God the Lord delivered me out of my sinful bondage, restored my soul and brought me back to Himself.

The result was that Christs victory in our family was manifested and satans power was overcome.

All praise and glory be unto God!!!

2016/4/23 12:12

Re:

Jeff, Romans 16 is not about escatology.
Zsuzsanna

(Edited to correct spelling)

2016/4/23 12:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy