SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : D.C. Government Enlists The Public To Report Non Gender-Neutral Bathrooms

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Dolfan,
Thanks for your gracious response. The "willingness to shoot someone for self defense" is kind of another subject. I have searched & researched the scriptures, looked at church history, listened to the teaching from many modern men of God on the subject, & the guys in our church all spent 3 hours one night discussing this. I am not totally settled in any way 100% & I think one should protect his family, but "afore thought" and statements which show a desire to "run to the gun" I think are dangerous. Things we must all pray about, seek the Lord, search the scriptures, & be careful about. And I'm not some ultra-pacifist either. And I have 2 young daughters & will soon have 5 young boys, & a wife of 18 years I love. I get it. I do. Before faith, I was a fighter (used to box & kickbox & have been in hundreds of bar/street fights, been shot at in point blank range, had a gun jam that would have taken my life, been jumped by a dozen guys at a time a couple times, as a drug dealer carried a Ruger P90 .45 & a S&W .9mm. & grew up a bird Hunter & lover of the shotgun). So I want to be careful too. I know what's in me, in my flesh. It's something to consider & that may very well be a real issue in our future sooner or later. Let us all be humble, not neglecting our family, but also willing to "love our enemies" & "lay down our lives for the sake of the Gospel" if God requires it. A complicated subject I know. Things for us to certainly pray about.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/23 17:04

Re:

dolfan,

Did you say that Target has now approved Gender neutral bathrooms? Say it ain't so!

2016/4/23 17:43
proudpapa

Re:

A preacher of a nearby community that I know of ,was outside of his church that is also a Christian school, and a man came up to him and told him that God hated that church and that he was going to go in and kill everyone, the preacher simply told the man that he was conceal to carry and was willing to use it if need be. That caused the crazy man to get in his car and leave at which time the preacher than had time to call the cops, the cops shortly afterward pulled the crazy man over, in which meth and a gun with 100 rounds was found

edit add: Jeff, I felt your last post was very good

2016/4/23 21:25Profile

Re:

This is the only thing I have found on Target, so far.

Target going gender neutral in some sections
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/13/target-going-gender-neutral-in-some-sections.html

oops, then I found this. One day ago. 4/22/2016.
Follow up on our visit to Target regarding their gender neutral bathroom policy
http://www.fiscalrangers.com/2016/04/follow-up-on-our-visit-to-target-regarding-their-gender-neutral-bathroom-policy.html

2016/4/23 21:35
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re:

From www.breitbart.com

President Obama: Bathroom Laws in North Carolina and Mississippi are ‘Wrong’

So male in male and female in female is wrong?

No. It's all about tearing down established values. This is just one of many things planned to annoy believers. They may get the business to change but they should never be able to change you. That's the hurdle they face. It must have really been bad in Sodom and Gomorrah. It had gotten to Lot's family. Their values were gone. We must not let these shots from the dark side ruffle us. Jesus said there would be evil days and that's what we expect. You should expect lying, stealing, cheating, killing, and you name it to be the norm before Jesus returns. Prepare for it. Have oil in your lamp.

2016/4/23 23:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

In most places in the USA now people feel they can walk into any washroom not depending on their sex, this is a "freedom" being given them by the powers that be.

I personally would not allow my children to use the washroom if perverted men who think they are the opposite sex are using the same facility. In Canada at this point we do not have this pressure or thinking and I have never seen a gender neutral bathroom.

2016/4/24 6:57Profile

Re:

Hmmm. Something about Romans 1 here. But indeed a very sad state of affairs. I don't think I'll be shopping at Target anytime soon. At least not using the restroom there. And if Walmart goes the way of Target. Then I know we are in trouble

Brother Blaine

2016/4/24 10:03

Re:

I think all of this may originate in a worship of " freedom," and "rights." It is the logical conclusion of a secular concept...........bro Frank

2016/4/24 10:20

Re: Michelle Obama attacks Mississippi's Religious Freedom Law

In a rare entrance into a politically charged controversy, first lady Michelle Obama used a commencement speech Saturday at Jackson State University in Mississipppi to directly target the state’s recently-passed "religious freedom" bill.

"We see it right here in Mississippi -- just two weeks ago -– how swiftly progress can hurtle backward," Obama said. "How easy it is to single out a small group and marginalize them because of who they are or who they love."

Obama made the comment following an impassioned revival of the state and university's stained history with regard to civil rights.

"So we've got to stand side by side with all our neighbors –- straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender; Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu immigrant, Native American -- because the march for civil rights isn't just about African Americans, it's about all Americans," she said. "It's about making things more just, more equal, more free for all our kids and grandkids. That's the story you all have the opportunity to write. That's what this historic university has prepared you to do."

The state has received growing criticism from human rights organizations and businesses over the controversial law, saying it restricts the rights of the LGBT community. In a press conference Friday in the United Kingdom, President Obama was asked about a recent travel advisory to British LGBT citizens cautioning them of the newly passed law, he said it "should be overturned."

In her speech, the first lady also reflected on the heated political battles her husband has endured as president, and urged students not to fall into disarray over the "anger and vitriol" in the political environment.

"We pay endless attention to folks who are blocking action, blocking judges, blocking immigration, blocking a raise in the minimum wage. Just blocking," Obama said. "We are consumed with the anger and vitriol that are bubbling up, with folks shouting at each other, using hateful and divisive language."

Obama then revisited some of the vitriol directed towards her husband over his eight years as president, including the "birther" conspiracy theory widely promoted by GOP frontrunner Donald Trump just five years ago.

"And then there's the countless times when that language gets personal and is directed at my husband –- charges that he doesn't love our country," Obama said. "The time he was called a liar in front of a joint session of Congress. The nonstop questions about his birth certificate and his belief in God."

Note: LGBT lobby is one of the most powerful lobbies in the nation. Some say, more powerful than the NRA.

2016/4/24 11:19

Re:

It may be the LBGT that brings on the persecution of believers in this nation.

Just simply a thoughtful observation.

Bro Blaine

2016/4/24 13:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy