SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Have you read these books: Cleansing of the Sanctuary and..?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
joliboy11

Philippines

Have you read these books: Cleansing of the Sanctuary and..?

brothers, have you read these books:

The Cleansing of the Sanctuary
by Daniel Sidney Warner and Herbert McClellan Riggle

The Book of Revelation Explained by F.G. Smith

what are your thoughts regarding the book/author's perspective?

2016/4/23 0:17Profile

Re: Have you read these books: Cleansing of the Sanctuary and..?

Joliboy,

I just read pages 436-460 of The Cleansing of the Sanctuary and I thought it was very good. I really like his perspective and he seems to understand the figurative language and metaphors of the OT really well.

Love the way he writes. With a passion and understanding of heavenly things. Clearly, you can see he has a deep love for God's word as he uses an amazing amount of scripture, which I really appreciate. And he has a serious respect for God's word as he skillfully allows it to interpret itself without reading his thoughts into the various passages. This is a huge work.

I will have to get that book.

I am already liking F.G. Smith's book too. Will write more on that, tomorrow.

Thanks!

2016/4/23 1:01
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

Just to clarify, I don't promote this books I just want to know your thoughts, but for me they are promoting the the millenial reign of Christ is "now". And I am disturbed by the explanation of book of Revelation and a sharp distintion on what a sect is.

But honetly I havent finish the book yet..

2016/4/23 10:35Profile

Re:

Well, I would have to read the book, first to give a complete review and I don't have the book.....yet.

Do you have the F.G. Smith book? If so, read the chapter on the Blessed Hope. Strangely, it is after the index. I am reading it through Amazon.

If you understand that the "Thousand Years" is figurative speech you won't have a problem with it.

One thousand in the Bible denotes many without any definite number. So, when the Last Days started, 1st century when Jesus rose from the dead, to the 2nd coming of Christ is referred to as a "thousand years". (a long time)

Other examples of a thousand denoting MANY without any definite number:

Jehovah showeth mercy unto thousands, and recompenseth the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their sons after them (Jeremiah 32:18).

In these passages by thousands is not signified any definite number, but what is infinite, for the Lord's mercy is infinite, because Divine.

Our garners are full, affording all manner of food, our flocks bring forth a thousand and ten thousand in our streets (Ps. 144:13);

A thousand years in Thine eyes are as yesterday when it is past (Ps. 90:4);
A thousand years denote what is without time, and therefore eternity, which is infinity of time.

Jehovah the God of your fathers make you a thousand times as many more as ye are, and bless you (Deut. 1:11);

One man of you shall chase a thousand, for Jehovah your God fighteth for you (Joshua 23:10).

The chariots of God are two myriads, thousands upon thousands; the Lord is among them, Sinai in holiness (Ps. 68:17);

where myriads and thousands denote things innumerable.

2016/4/23 17:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy