SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fernando Ortego

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Fernando Ortego

Does anyone in the forum appreciate the music of Fernando Ortega? I have been captivated by his song Give Me Jesus? But also this brother has so many other precious hymns of the faith. Be thou my vision and Jesus Lover of My Soul I have also captivated my heart.

I just wonder if anyone else in the Forum appreciates the music of this brother as I do.

If you are not familiar with his brother. Google Fernando Ortega YouTube videos. There you will find a selection edifying music by this brother.

Maybe I should ask the question of this forum. Has anyone heard of Fernando Ortega?

Brother Blaine

2016/4/22 8:07

Re: Fernando Ortego

Blaine,
I certainly do! I have a lot of his music on ITunes. Thing is, we went on a family road trip once, youtubed him, & he has tons of whole albums I had still never even heard of! He has tons of very good stuff! He is from Albuquerque, NM where I now live. We do like a dozen different of his songs in our fellowship worship song book. And funny you'd mention "Give Me Jesus". That's one of my all time favorite songs. That's the song I have told my wife & best friend that if I die before them, make sure it's played as my funeral theme song. My wife actually just finished a wood painting she made & hung over our bed at the headstand that says,

"In the morning when I rise, Give Me Jesus". 😊
God Bless,
Jeff

I tell you another you should check out brother is Sherri Youngward. She has LOTS of music too & it's straight out of the scriptures. She's my toddler's favorite. Her soft soothing (& anointed) music puts him right out at bedtime/nap time & I am happy to feed his ears with anointed worship so chock full of the Word of God.

2016/4/22 8:50
AlmostHome

U.S.A.

Golly, I sure do. I don't have any music personally. I just listen to Pandora once in awhile. I love hymns and Gaithers-style music the most. This is how I was introduced to Fernando Ortega. His song, Give Me Jesus is my favorite and I never get tired of listening to it. I wish Pandora allowed you to replay songs!

2016/4/29 15:55Profile
browny

Hi brother Blain,

Music can be such a blessing.....

I also love to listen Fernando Ortega!

And Brother Jeff, thank you for mentioning Sherri Youngward!
Love her style! Her voice and music!

Shalom,

Browny.

2016/5/9 13:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey bear-

We sang this in church this morning- or the first time that I can recall. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place- I know mine weren't.

Of course I thought of good ol' bear.

2016/8/14 11:45Profile
Elibeth

Bro Bear,
Just think! That you should mention this song.

It was in my spirit,and I was just looking it up,...maybe just last wk.
I love it,and I too,as Jeff,was thinking on it for a funeral.
Didn't know just how to get it on CD though,or who was the oridginal
singer.

Thank The Lord for how His Spirit moves.

2016/8/14 17:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Elizabeth- you may not have noticed that bear started this thread back in April. But the thread obviously was meant to resurface.

2016/8/14 17:45Profile
Elibeth

Re:

No,I did not notice Tod,
But am glad you brought it back up....refreshing !
Thank you and Bear.

It is sung over and over in my spirit,....
-------------
elizabeth

2016/8/14 21:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy