Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Sadhu Sundhar Singh on Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"As I am reading your posts the verse is coming to mind out of Luke. When Jesus says that the kingdom of God is within you. I am wondering if He is making reference to Himself. If so. Then it would make sense to seek Him and His righteousness. And He will surely take care of our needs. And that would be too certainly seek Him in prayer."

Amen Blaine!

Jesus is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. The kingdom of God is within us because Christ lives in us.

When we pray "Thy Kingdom come", we are praying for Christ to rule and reign in His Church and in the earth.

2016/4/21 16:15Profile
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Re: Sadhu Sundhar Singh on Prayer

Amen, brother Sreeram. Still in the process of sharing a few more words from him on prayer. Here is another...

"I have experienced many dangers in my travels, often because intolerant people wished to see me come to harm. Once near Kailas, I asked directions to the nearest village. Out of spite, the villagers deliberately sent me down a dangerous jungle path. As night came on, I came to a river that blocked my path and there was still no village to be seen. Already in the dusk, I could hear the sounds of wild animals nearby. With no way to cross the river, I sat down and prayed, thinking that the end of my life was at hand.

When I looked up, I saw a man on the other side of the river beside a fire. He called to me: "Do not be afraid! I am coming to help you." I was astonished to see him wade purposefully across the swift river. Coming up to me, he said, "Sit on my shoulders and have no fear." As easily as before, he walked straight across the current with me on his back. He set me down on the far bank, and as I walked beside him, both he and the fire disappeared.

Another evening, I was driven out of a village by an angry crowd, wielding clubs. They drove me into the forest until I came to a rock face and could go no further. There I huddled among the stones waiting for them to attack me and batter me to death. But nothing happened.

After it was quiet for a time, I looked around and there was no sign of my tormentors. I built a fire, tended my wounds and slept at that same place. In the morning, I awoke to the sight of several men staring at me fearfully from a distance. Cautiously, they approached and offered me food and drink, asking, "Sadhu-ji, who were those men in shining robes who stood around you last night?"

2016/4/22 13:46Profile
followthelamb

Re:

A few more quotes on prayer from brother Sundar Singh...

"Every day whenever we spend time in prayer and realize His presence, we must hold these things fast in our heart. Without prayer it is impossible. Prayer is not asking for this thing or that thing, but for the Giver of blessing Himself -- that He may live in us. See how wonderful our Saviour is!"

"Some people are very thankful when their prayer is answered. But the people who think that prayer is merely asking are greatly mistaken. God gives Himself. Even wicked are receiving all kinds of things from God. If the Holy Spirit were given without prayer, we should not be able to appreciate Him. But the people who receive Him can't live without prayer. They may fall, they may make mistakes, but they know the value of prayer; and those who know the value of a life of fellowship will never cease."

"A child two or three days old does not know anything about this world -- about his mother and about milk, but he knows how to suck milk. He does not know Khasi or Hindi, but he knows how to suck. God has provided milk for the child in his mother's breast, but it does not flow into the child's mouth. He has to suck and he gets stronger and stronger every day. God is our spiritual Mother and we experience that when we lead a life of prayer. We have desire. This desire is to be satisfied, and only He can meet the needs of the human heart."

2016/5/19 20:36Profile
followthelamb

Re:

"THROUGH PRAYER, by the simple method of prayer, we become aware of Christ's Presence and learn to know Him." - Sadhu Sundar Singh

2016/6/10 0:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy