SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Babylon the Great & the Caliph Antichrist - Armageddon News

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

TMK,
If I sent you the book Mideast Beast, would you read it? Honestly. If it wasn't a strong case from scripture, I wouldn't believe it! 😊 I would do that. I am working on trying to get a volume deal on some in paperback possibly. But trust me, it fits better than Nero, the papacy, a revised Roman Empire, etc. (& I don't really count the people who are always saying Obama, or Reagan, or whatever - that's just pure speculation).
God Bless,
Jeff

Or I may just buy a digital copy & cut & paste, but it's the overwhelming preponderance of evidence, book by book, passage by passage, historical evaluation by historical evaluation that make it so strong together. Not one liner "keys" here or there (that's how all these other candidates got accepted/believed in the first place & then had to be forced into a wrong size hole historically).

2016/4/23 10:07

Re:

I will just say Islam is the Fourth beast, the Ten Horns, the legs of iron (Islamic empire of the Ottoman period) followed by the feet of iron mingled with clay (the revived Islmic Caliphate). It is the beast that suffered the deadly head wound, but was healed, & Islam fits the 7th head: combination of bear & leopard in Rev 17, the Anyichrist is the Eigth King: healed 7th head of Rev 17, that in Daniel 12 the angel said this was "sealed up until the end times", that the battle of Gog of Magog of Ezekiel 39 is perfectly parallel with the battle of Armageddon in Rev 16 point by point, that the ancient cities of Meshach, Tubal, Magog, Rosh, & Gomer are all in Turkey (due "land of the north" of Isreal), that Persia is Itan, Put is Libya, Cush is Sudan, etc. ALL ISLAMIC STRONGHOLDS, and it just goes on and on and on. And he isn't ignorant of the theories of Antiochus, Titas, Nero, Rome & the "Revised Roman Empire", etc. & he deals point by point with all of them in detail.

2016/4/23 10:30
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: No one was talking about a muslim antichrist 50 years ago.

Martin Luther and John Calvin spoke of Antichrist as having two legs or two horns: one leg the papacy and the other Islam, or one horn the papacy and the other Islam.

Calvin

“Like as Mohammed says that his Koran is the sovereign wisdom, so says the Pope of his own decrees: For they are the two horns of Antichrist.”

Calvin also wrote, “Paul, however, does not speak of one individual, but of a kingdom, that was to be taken possession of by Satan, that he might set up a seat of abomination in the midst of God’s temple—which we see accomplished in Popery. The revolt, it is true, has spread more widely, for Mahomet, as he was an apostate, turned away the Turks, his followers, from Christ.” (Calvin’s Commentary on Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians)

If Calvin saw the papacy and Islam as the two “horns” of the Antichrist, Martin Luther saw them as the two “legs” of the same Antichrist. (Luther’s Works, Weimer ed., 53, 394f.)

Luther added, “the Pope is the spirit of antichrist, and the Turk is the flesh of antichrist. They help each other in their murderous work. The latter slaughters bodily by the sword; and the former spiritually by doctrine.” (Luther’s Tischreden, Weimer ed., 1, No. 330)

So, in their writings quoted above, both John Calvin and Martin Luther interpreted Scripture about the Antichrist as finding fulfillment in Islam.

Quote from Jonathan Edwards’ classic, A History of the Work of Redemption:-

The Mahometan kingdom is another of mighty power and vast extent, set up by Satan against the kingdom of Christ. ... And then the Turks, who were originally different from the Saracens, became followers of Mahomet, and conquered all the Eastern empire. They began their empire about the year of Christ twelve hundred and ninety-six; began to invade Europe in the year thirteen hundred; took Constantinople, and so became masters of all the Eastern empire, in the year fourteen hundred and fifty-three. And thus all the cities and countries where stood those famous churches of which we read in the New Testament, as Jerusalem, Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, &c. now became subject to the Turks. These are supposed to be prophesied of by the horsemen in the 9th chapter of Revelation, beginning with the 15th verse.”

2016/4/23 14:12Profile

Re:

I agree no one was talking about it 50 years ago. Amen.

"Daniel, the understanding of these things are sealed up until the time of the end"

Everyone 50 years ago wasn't right about everything. If you really want to know (instead of just googling & going with the people who agree with your already held predetermined suppositional beliefs) then listen to the full case all the way out. If not, don't. Just don't be convinced you're right if you're unwilling to explore the scriptural case. That's all I'll say about it.

God Bless,
Jeff

And 50 years ago there was not a revived Islamic Caliphate forming. Prophecy can be that way. Harder to see in the distance through a glass dimly, but as it gets closer it gets clearer & less dim, we can reevaluate the prophetic scriptures and see if "this is that which the prophet Daniel spoke of"

2016/4/23 15:34
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

all I can say is, "we shall see." Or not.

2016/4/23 16:08Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Jeff

For me it started in 2003 in Saudi waiting for a port pass there was some "Islamic gospel tracts" (for the lack of a better word) that I read - as I was reading scriptures start coming into my head so I went home and started checking them out.

The Antichrist fulfillment will be found in Islam.

The point being made here is that Mecca is the great whore of babylon...

However like Calvin and Luther - I also believe that the pope and the roman catholic church plays it's part; that is the Pope is the spirit of antichrist, and the Turk is the flesh of antichrist.

2016/4/23 18:53Profile

Re:

Sure. There are "many antichrists", & systems of such, but I believe "THE ANTICHRIST (or better stated, Son of Perdition, Man of Sin, etc.) will be Islamic

2016/4/23 18:58

Re:

Murrlcor,
The initial Book I read "Islamic Antichrist" shows every single one of the Islamic "prophetic texts" if you will & doctrines from the Quran, the Hadiths, etc. I was BLOWN AWAY & could definitely see the EXACT anti-parallel to scripture in all points, including EndTimes eschatology. It also confirmed some dreams & something I shared under unction previously concerning Islam. Then Mideast Beast has explained every one of the prophetic passages from the Bible & made what is now to me, a rock solid case. Strange thing is, I had a dream as teenager before I was even born again (when I was a deceived false convert, but God knew I was ultimately his & would come to him), & in the dream (the ONLY DREAM I can ever still remember pre-Christ) I was wondering down to "6-Circles". A place in the woods close to where I live known as 6 circles intertwined (roads) where practicing satanists went to do occult satanic sacrifices & stuff. In the dream, I drove up & and saw all these people in black robes on their knees bowing down in unison in one direction, with a giant black hooded figure up front of them facing them. You couldn't see his face, just glowing red eyes. Then, he looked up & saw me. He pointed and all the people in robes got up & ran at me! I was TERRIFIED! I woke up heart pounding, sweating, & totally scared. I forgot that dream. Then, YEARS LATER (like 10) after my conversion, I first saw the "Muslim call to prayer". When they bowed down, I instantly remembered that dream from so long ago. I knew that's what I saw. I have wondered what that will ultimately mean in my life (if anything specific), but I am more & more convinced Islam is that last system & we are getting very close to all these things in our days ahead.

2016/4/23 21:11
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Jeff - I agree with you about the anti-christ being Islamic.

However I cannot agree that mecca is the great whore.

The ten horns that you saw, they and the beast will [be the very ones to] hate the harlot. Rev 17:16

Mecca is not hated by muslims; it is there first holy city; the likes of iSIS and others would like to see the Kabba destroyed and they see it as a form of idolatry.

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. Rev 18:4

Why on earth would God's people be in Mecca?

Peter gives us a clue to who the whore is - The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son. 1 Pet 5:13

Peter wasn't in Mecca when he wrote this he was in Rome.

2016/4/24 5:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Currently there are over 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. So no matter if the antichrist rises from their ranks what are we doing today to reach these lost souls with the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus. Have our hearts grown dim and dark that all we are worried about is what they will possibly produce? (an endtimes world leader).

Hundreds of Millions are ready to sink down into the place of torment and despair to never hear the Good News of our Lord. Why have they not heard, they have not been told! May God allow us opportunities to share while there is still time.

Asia Harvest is one group that is sponsoring many autonomous house churches around the world to reach the unreached in places like Afghanistan, India, etc http://asiaharvest.org even in China there are areas where it is pre-dominately muslim.

Can we sit and worship our Lord for eternity knowing that we neglected the chance to help share this "Words of Life" with muslims in these nations where they have been in the darkness for hundreds even 1 thousand years still?

2016/4/24 7:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy