SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What is the meaning/purpose of your life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

What is the meaning/purpose of your life

To whom it may concern,

http://faithcapo.com/pages/page.asp?page_id=349004&seriesId=36464

2016/4/15 10:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: What is the meaning/purpose of your life

Trust these might also be encouraging to those who are seeking purpose and meaning in life and their Christian walks.

Purpose by Jim Cymbala
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=27154&commentView=itemComments

Description: As the Brooklyn Tabernacle begins the new year with a week of prayer, Pastor Cymbala brings an encouraging message as to how to find happiness and God's will for your life. John 4:27-34 (NIV)

God's Purpose for Us by Major Ian Thomas
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17274&commentView=itemComments

Description: Here we are shown once again through Scripture that God gave the very life of Christ and wants to full us through out our being with His divine presence. It takes all the saints to build up the body of Christ. He finishes with the question, “Are you committed to God’s will your way or the Father’s?” Very thought provoking.

Your Ultimate Purpose by Paul Washer
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15783&commentView=itemComments

Description: Paul Washer shows that the sovereignty of God begins not with our salvation, not even with our birth, but before the foundation of the world, when God predestinated us to our ultimate purpose. Few people know, with real, unshakeable certainty, that everything is working together for good. If you don’t believe it, you probably have the wrong definition of good. Are you discontented? Are you shaken by adversities, or the removal of blessings and comforts? Mr Washer uses these verses to reveal the causes and the remedy. God has made us sons and daughters, a high calling indeed; yet whilst we certainly benefit, the prime beneficiary is God’s son. God is making brothers and sisters for his son, a fellowship of those who stand in awe of their elder brother and worship him; and we can only worship him truly if we are conformed to his image. We have to be made like him to know how worthy he is; and the more we know him, the more we will be drawn to worship him. Is God’s ultimate purpose your purpose? Is your eye single in this respect? If not, Mr Washer explains what you should do. (29 minutes)

2016/4/15 11:23Profile
savannah

The OP has a link to a teaching series through the entire book of Ecclesiastes verse by verse.

2016/4/17 6:21Profile
dohzman

To know God and enjoy Him forever.

2016/4/17 12:49Profile

Re:

I have bookmarked it. Thank you, Savannah. Should be interesting.

I would say the purpose of our life is for God to be glorified through Christ, by the Holy Spirit, in us and through us.

The question then becomes, what is my role in God being glorified in and through me?

2016/4/17 14:39
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

"What is the meaning purpose of 'your' life"

What a blessed reality to know that 'my life is not my own'... Bought with a price, the Highest price of All. Love so amazing, so divine, that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly, to seperate a people unto Himself, and show forth His amazing praises.

To rest in faith in Christ under the shadow of His wing - walking through the valley of death, I fear no evil, for He is with me, His rod and staff comforts me. He leads me in the way I should go. To those that smite me on the right cheek, I give them the left cheek if they so wish to smite again. He says to me, 'Bless them that curse you, Do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that persecute you' - Father, forgive them for they know not what they do. Vengenance also belongs to you alone oh Lord.

I redeem the time for the days are evil. For will He find His bride faithful when He cometh again in power and in great might to judge the nations of the earth? Can i ask the Lord for His blessing while I sit in front of a television set, or gaze upon filth on the internet, and drink in inquity like water? Am i a hearer of the Lord's Word and not a doer, and therefore deceive myself? Do I know my heart better than the Lord does, whom tries the reins of men's hearts and knowest all hidden thoughts and secrets? Shall i run from my Master into the belly of a great fish? All His commandments are just and lovely; I am but a sheep that needs His rod continually.

Am I not here for His purposes and His honour? Do I do all to the glory of God? When I go to the job site or the office, do I hide my light under a table? Do I put my light on the table to embarrass others there that know not the Lord Christ Jesus?

If the tree be good, the fruit will be good. If the branch abide to the Proper Vine, the Sap will flow, Praise God. I could easily get raptured up in thought concerning these great truths.

Thank you for the post Savannah, and brother Greg the links. Let us also be aware of brother Greg's humble requests for His website on posting audio and video links outside here. I am greatly indebted to your humble forgivings of my mistakes in this same area, dear brother.

Let us lift each other up in prayer before the throne of grace - God knows I need His constant interceedings in my own life, which is actually His, so may it fully show in word and in deed in private as well as in public. No excuses. All glory to God.

2016/4/17 23:28Profile
savannah

I was reminded of this series in the OP.

It is surely worth the time it takes to listen to the whole series, even if it takes a couple of months.

I hope many of you will listen!

2016/11/1 11:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy