SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Eritrea jails 170 Protestants; another 74 continue in prison

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Eritrea jails 170 Protestants; another 74 continue in prison

A total of 170 Protestant Christians have been jailed, beaten and threatened with death by Eritrean security forces in a harsh crackdown during February and March, Compass Direct news service reported April 9.

Since the Asmara government closed 12 Pentecostal and charismatic churches last May, the tiny nation along the eastern tip of Africa has stalled official registration status for all of these young Protestant churches, now containing more than 20,000 believers, Compass reported.

In five separate incidents in four cities over the past two months, Eritrean security police barged into worship services and even a wedding ceremony to jail men, women and children for practicing what government officials called "a new religion." ...

read more: http://www.bpnews.net/15672/eritrea-jails-170-protestants-another-74-continue-in-prison

2016/4/15 7:19Profile

Re: Eritrea jails 170 Protestants; another 74 continue in prison

My heart breaks in Greece over this. I cry in my heart how long O Lord will you refrain from judging and avenging the blood of your precious Saints who dwell on Earth. I know the answer is it is found in Revelations. It must be until the last person who has been martyred for Christ lays down his life.

Lord I pray strengthen your precious church in Eritrea. Strengthen your precious saints. Praise God your gospel is going forward and people are coming to saving faith and life in the Lord Jesus Christ. May these precious saints not the deny Jesus. But remain as ever faithfil to Him. Even unto death.

On Your Son's Most Precious Name.

2016/4/15 8:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy