SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Humbled and blessed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Humbled and blessed

So I made a mistake and in a hurry I put one wrong number on the address of my landlord when I sent my rent in to him. The PO said since this address doesn't exist then we will send this to Atlanta, Ga as lost mail. Not using practical wisdom I hurredly put my name on the return address and that is all. I was in a hurry and thought the landlord knows who I am because he is a bit of a friend and knows me. So no return address compounded my mistake. At any rate, the mail and the money order is in Atlanta, Ga which is a long ways from Minnesota. I've sent in a lost mail report and they informed me thay are looking for it.

I'm no rich person and I've had to make it up in my other finances and pay twice the rent for one month because what I sent in the first time didn't make it obviously. So we are fellowshipping after the service yesterday at church and in the most causal passing away I mentioned my circumstances to someone. Not tooting any trumpets or trying to get sympathy. I was just sharing among friends and it was a VERY brief statement and I forgot about it. Not ten minutes later someone walked up and put a envelope in my shirt pocket that had written on it, "Maybe this will help until the mail gets straightened out." Wow! Did it help! It surely helped and as honest as I can state it I wasn't trying to get this to happen. What they passed to me was generous and then some. I told the Lord before church I'm not going to worry about my present need if you aren't. Ha! Either you know or you don't know so hallelujah! There's been just a few times when funds have come my way from other members of the body of Christ but this has touched me. It's the "little big" things like this that remind you again of the richness of life in the body of Christ. Joint supplying joint in the physical and the spiritual. So this week will be a bit easier, a few minor bills will get paid and by the end of the week I think things are going to be halfway straight again because I'll be working a bit before the week is over. I just want to say thank you Lord. It was humbling and a blessing at the same time. Life in the body of Christ for a week or a month is better than one's entire sojourn in the world. Even being a door keeper in the house of the Lord is a privilege above all the world has to offer.

Thank you personally Lord Jesus Christ.

2016/4/11 12:46Profile

Re: Humbled and blessed

David thank you so much for sharing this brother. I love hearing testimonies like this. It truly reminds us that God does care for His sheep.

Much blessings brother. I trust the mail will be straightened out.

Brother Blaine :-)

2016/4/11 13:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy