SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Method For Preventing The Frequency Of Robberies & Murders

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Method For Preventing The Frequency Of Robberies & Murders

Many have heard and read of Charles H Spurgeon's messages at the www.spurgeongems.org site; however, what about the blessed William Romaine, (1714-1795), also a friend of George Whitefield, who also shook England, called to be a minister of fire for the Lord Christ Jesus?

Here is a link to his blessed discourse, (facsimille edition of his book, 1754), titled, "A Method For Preventing The Frequency of Robberies and Murders" here:

http://tinyurl.com/jl7yyln

It seems the last page of the book they scanned is missing; however, I will post it here once I receive it in the mail in hopefully 3 weeks time from California.

The Lord be gracious to you all, for His own Name's sake.

2016/4/10 20:00Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re: Method For Preventing The Frequency Of Robberies & Murders

Also, many of the letter S, are spelled with an f, although they are not f's but s's Old school :) However, you will be blessed by the message, if you receive it, by the grace of God.

2016/4/10 20:04Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Page 24 (ending):

"But whenever you find any defilement beginning to arise, even in thought, immediately,

Page 25:

"send up your prayers to God. Intreat His grace to keep you from the pollution of sin, and if you always make Him your refuge and strength, constantly seeking Him in the ways of His ordinances, then His holy Spirit will keep out of your hearts all those corruptions, which defile the man, and your Lord Jesus will so purify you by His infinite merits, that you will be presented before God the Father without spot of sin unto salvation. Blessed Lord and Savior carry these truths to all our hearts; accompany them, we intreat Thee, with Thy blessing; and keep our hearts pure by Thy grace, until Thou bring them safe unto thy glory. Amen."

2016/4/29 12:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Wonderful old resource, thank you for sharing this brother.

It is only by moment by moment surrender that we can progress in our Christian walks with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 10:5New International Version (NIV)

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

2016/4/29 13:31Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Thank you, dear brother Greg.

It has been 10/11 years since the Lord put it on my heart to look for the old paths; and when He did, your site was one of the first of three, the gracious Lord Christ Jesus, by His Spirit, brought me too. And, therefore, I felt inclined to respond, and say in return, thank you for sharing some very wonderful old resources yourself, by His grace. It has been fuel for my soul indeed, and good helps in time of many trials.

"Because my people hath forgotten Me, they have burned incense to vanity, and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up; (16) To make their land desolate, and a perpetual hissing; every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished, and wag his head." - Jeremiah 18:15-16

2016/4/29 23:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy