SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Third temple - Is it the church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Was doing a search on the Tabernacle of David and found many links. This conversation really stood out.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=35351&forum=35&start=60&viewmode=flat&order=1

2016/4/16 10:55

Re: Matthew 24

twayneb
Thanks for taking part in this conversation. I see that the mainstream explanation makes the scriptures pretty clear to you. I used to think the same way but even then I had to put some scriptures in the back of my mind because they could not be explained such as Matthew 24:34.
I understand that if a new information doesn't fit our theory we seriously question that information. However we can also be inspired to examine that information for truthfulness and change our theory or perhaps set up a new theory according to the new information. In the case of setting up a new theory some already explained data need to be reexamined.
Alternative theory:
In verses Matthew 24:4-14 Jesus talks about wars coming , the destruction of the temple, the fierce persecution of the church by the Romans, and the free spreading the gospel after that persecution is over. In verses 14-23 he talks about the days of the destuction of the temple. The disciples receive specific instruction how to save themselves when the Roman army is coming against Jerusalem. In verses 23-28 he warns the disciples not to be deceived about his coming and describes what it will be like. Verses 29-31 are about how the old testament system would fall and His church (or the kingdom) will shine and spread througout the ages. Verses 32-35 tells the disciples that these things (end of OT system) are near and will happen in their life time.
In the verses after this he talks about his second coming and the end of the world and how to be ready for it.
I plan to show a matching alternative theory for Daniel's prophecy in the next post.

Zsuzsanna

2016/4/16 11:06

Re:

Twisting and misrepresenting the clear Word of the Lord is satan's work as demonstrated here by J and the gang. Seems it never ends does it.

2016/4/16 11:13
docs

Re: Basically a useless post (edited)

The post mentioning j and the gang is really a post minus any scriptural usage to reply to the discussion going on. It didn't add an iota of anything positive to the comments and was also used as an opportunity to personally attack one particular person. It's as if Greg has not kindly and patiently said anything recently. How long will it go on?

2016/4/16 11:38Profile

Re:Bereans

Notdarkyet

We are trying to be like the Bereans examining theories about what the scriptures might mean. The purpose is to come closer to the truth. You do not need to fear that the "clear Word of the Lord" will be refuted because it can not be. It will protect itself. I would be interested in your interpretation of the Word and whether it stands the examination using the whole scriptures. You can also examine all views here and bring up valid argument from the scriptures. If you feel that certain views are shoved down your throat it is because of my personal pride for that I apologize and try to be more humble.

Zsuzsanna

2016/4/16 13:32
docs

Re: Post cancelled

Based on wrong perceptions.

Have a good day in the Lord.

2016/4/17 8:50Profile

Re: Daniel 11

In my understanding the prophecy in Daniel 11 was fulfilled about between the 6th and the 2nd centuries BC. The predictions accurately match the historical events that took place that time and describe among others a person named Antiochus Epiphanes.
Here you can read side by side the prophecy in Daniel 11 and the corresponding historical events. http://www.angelfire.com/nt/theology/daniel-11.html
Besides Antiochus Epiphanes in 2Thess. 2:4 Paul could also be referencing an other person in Isaias 14:13-14 and the ruler of Tirus in Ezekiel 28:1. These were kings that thought they were God. Such were some Roman emperors also.
There were antichrist type people throughout the history. I believe that 2Thess. 2:4 points to that similarity. I believe this verse in 1 John refers to a spirit. If it was a person it would be about 2000 years old.
1John 4:3
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Zsuzsanna

2016/4/17 15:07

Re: 1 John 4:3

(Adding to previou post)
Or it is a person but came long time ago.
z

2016/4/17 15:19

Re: tabernacle of David

I loved to read that conversation. Thanks Julius
Zsuzsanna

2016/4/17 15:45

Re:

The future prophesized events in the scriptures have all now been fulfilled. The end is behind us and we are now living in paradise restored. The invisible kingdom had been established with the invisible king reining over the spiritual ethereal vapour like domain. Yes we can all see it,. clear as can be.

2016/4/17 15:46

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy