SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tracking down the Ultimate Apologetic

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

I have Mislers Kabbalah mp3's and pdf if you want them, just need to have a place to upload them for you. Let me know. Bro. Daryl

2005/6/8 8:50Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Tracking down the Ultimate Apologetic

Hey Daryl, that is great! I have a dsl line so it should be alright sending them one at a time. This is my address click here
That is if you don't mind sending them this way. I have the pdf. files thanks...the slide show that goes with it...just the audio that I am unable to find
:-D

2005/6/8 11:18Profile
dohzman

Sent ya 2 e-mails with mp3 s. let me know if they made it, if not I'll drop them on cd s and send them to you via-snail mail.

2005/6/8 21:41Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Hi Daryl,

I presume my server has done a double back flip. Unless it is still to come? This is my snailmail -
#3 Second Avenue, Woodlands, Simonstown 7975, Cape Province, South Africa.

I am overjoyed, this subject is very current and Chuck is such an authority on complex matters. Bless God.

In Jesus,
:-P
ps. I look forward to doing the same for you. Thanks for turning me on to Ravi, I just figured how to download, and see he has been to our country to lecture.

2005/6/9 23:52Profile
dohzman

Re:

Ravi is a pretty sharp cookie, I personally enjoy his radio archives and drop them on cd' s to listen to them when I'm on the road. I'll drop thoughs 2 mp3's on cd---audio format so you can listen to them on anythng you like. They were bigger files so they probably didn't get through. Bro. Daryl

2005/6/10 5:06Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Yo Daryl, you rule. 14G. Ravi is so cool. I was crying like a baby this morning, as he told the testimony of the young friend who went with him to Vietnam in 1971. Amazing, just pure light, and he tucks a lesson in with it. He is in the top 10 Apologetics list: In no particular order ~
Os Guiness,
Dr Wilder-Smith,
Dr Francis Shaeffer [have you ever heard?, I have tried typing out one book and it just tore me apart, very demanding...got to get back to it... ],
Dr Clay Jones,
Dr Robert Morey,
David Cloud (not many like him cause of his revolutionary arguments against Calvanism...I like his historical stuff. He ties some amazing lines...Then
Edward F Hill,
Otis Fuller and some others I forget...
the musicians of note that are major....
Mark Heard [went home at 40+ ]....he studied at L'abri as did Os....One day Mark is going to be recognized for the quality of Apologetic he delivered...
and the very radical
Bruce Cockburn...I listened to a recent interview and he was really interesting. I think so often the musicians are underestimated. Often they churn out their conclusion in a song.

I know that A W Tozer and Derek Prince had that effect on me. I wrote a talking blues and a rock song...then more recently when the valley was swamped by the sell out Gospel, I just wrote one about 'Business as Usual' ... still to be recorded...

Kerry Livgren is on serious thinker as well. Did you ever read Seeds of Change? ... from day one he was reading stuff, and this was back in the late 70's, Trinity and Evolution ... this guy has really sharp teeth, metaphorically speaking...when his band got back together, after 20 years he ended up writing all the lyrics, what a turn around, and there is so much stuff hidden in those lyrics it would take a very skilful mind to unlock...the album is called, "Somewhere to Elsewhere" nuff sed. whew?

Bless God!
In Jesus,
.A. 8-)

2005/6/10 8:21Profile
modivarch

Re:

If you want something in book form there is the Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics by Norm Geisler. It has an insane amount of information. I got a copy off half.com for about 20 bucks.

2005/6/12 22:06Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Hi modivarch,
That is amazing, I have really been thinking about Norman Giesler, ever since I started listening to Dr. Clay Jones. Lately I have been thinking of doing a search for stuff by him. I still think Os Guiness is the most intruiging and I still have Francis Shaeffer's entire box set to read...lol
Some time back I was sitting in the car think what a blessing Jesus has made of my life, the good books, and great music that I have and so little time, so I was thinking 'If only I had more time'..suddenly I am sure it was God, I heard 'So you want to put off meeting me.'
I was rocked to my core.
In Jesus
.A.
ps. Here is an additional list of great books on the subject.

Apologetics

The Facts on series by Ankerberg and Weldon
Ready with an Answer by Ankerberg and Weldon
Hand book on Today's religions McDowell and Stewart
Defense of the Faith by Dave Hunt
A Ready Defense McDowell
The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell
The Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties by Gleason Archer
Baker Encyclopedia of Apologetics
The Encyclopedia of American Religions by Gale
The Encyclopedia of American Cult and Sect leaders by Melton
The Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties by Gleason Archer
Twisting the Truth Bruce Tucker
He Lived Among Us by McDowell/ Wilson
The Resurrection Factor by J.McDowell
Know Why You Believe by Little
Know What You Believe by Little
Christian Apologetics by Geisler
The Church at the End of the 20th Century by Francis Schaeffer
The Hard Sayings of the Bible by Kaiser, Davids, Bruce, Brauch
The Origin of the Bible by Philip Comfort
:-(

For those who are interested in getting a sample of Norman Giesler's work.... zen here
Apologetics.com is also a superb site, 'articles' reveals all, plus a free ebook on the first page...mmm doh!

2005/6/13 15:50Profile
modivarch

Re:

Thanks for the website thats awesome. I think baker encyclopedia and the one I mentioned is the same thing. Thanks for the booklist too.

2005/6/13 18:49Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re:Tracking down the Ultimate Apologetic !

Yes, Modivarch ~ I agree 'apologetics.com' is an absolutely new find for me. The 'radio' webpage is full of articles. It is my pleasure to share.

In the end though, it is wise to remember that the greatest of all writings are the ones which brought us from death to life. Not that you don't know this; just a word of encouragement.

Apologetics is a most valid disipline when used sensibly and sensitively in reaching out to those who are not yet drinking the water of life. One beggar showing another beggar where he found bread.

In Jesus,
.A.

2005/6/14 10:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy