SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Neat thing happened Saturday night

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Alabama

Neat thing happened Saturday night

Our home fellowship met Saturday night. Almost half were out (at a wedding of a common friend). 5 of us met.

We started our assembly time after our meal and communion and what was a prayer request was soon steered by the Holy Spirit into a real intercession time for a brother across the country that only 2 of us even knew directly. It was unlike any experience I'd had in that there was such a real presence of the hand of the Lord gently guiding us along a path of prayer for this brother. We stopped, discussed, and listened to the Lord and prayed some more. It was simply a moment I'll not soon forget. Some real learning in my own spirit about listening to the Lord in an assembly. It was really remarkable, and I want to praise Him here for it.

2016/4/4 13:45Profile
docs

Re: I hear you

Times like that with the brethren and with the Holy Spirit are priceless and make us know assuredly that our faith is real. The presence of the Holy Spirit is the number one sign that Christ is alive. He poured out the Holy Spirit from on high at the right hand of God as He promised. No resurrected and living Christ then no Holy Spirit in the world. I'm coming to value my time with moderately small or small groups of believers and the presence of the Holy Spirit as perhaps the most valuable and edifying times.

2016/4/4 13:51Profile

Re: Neat thing happened Saturday night

Hi Tim,

You write...

'It was unlike any experience I'd had in that there was such a real presence of the hand of the Lord gently guiding us along"

Giving the Lord the preeminence in meetings takes trust and faith and simplicity. And the Lord honors that as you can testify to. I think this kind of meeting lies at the heart of assemblies..............bro Frank

2016/4/4 14:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy