SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is spiritual, what is natural and what is literal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Julius:

Once again: "Anyways brother, I'll read all your long extensive articles & answer your questions as soon as you answer my 2 questions on Romans 11 & Acts 1."

2016/4/4 8:42

Re:

Jeff, I'm good if you're good.

Let's just move on and get back to Jesus. We are not making any progress and that's ok. It really is. We don't want to destroy each other in the process. Not that we would, but it's just not a conducive environment for brotherly discussion. You love the Lord and I do too and our eschatology does not define us. Neither one of us have all the truth, but Jesus does and we need to just keep looking to Him and loving each other.

Passerby said it in another post, "It's all about sin".

2,000 years ago, Jesus signed the New Covenant in His blood and invites Jew and Gentile alike to come to Him and join Him in His kingdom that "is not of this world". Many have turned to Him and many more will. Praise God for that.

Have a blessed day in Christ.

2016/4/4 9:30

Re:

Wait, I just went to GREAT LENGTHS (& Time) in the other post to pose some questions on Romans 11, Acts 1, "Spirotual vs Natural" Israel, etc. I would appreciate it if (since you repeatedly start these threads & discussion) you would explain the passages I quote in view of your Supercessionism/Amillinealism since I took all the necessary time to post it brother.

2016/4/4 9:34
proudpapa

Re:

Wesley's Notes for Acts 1:6

1:6 Dost thou at this time - At the time thou now speakest of? not many days hence? restore the kingdom to Israel? - They still seemed to dream of an outward, temporal kingdom, in which the Jews should have dominion over all nations. It seems they came in a body, having before concerted the design, to ask when this kingdom would come.

People's Bible Notes for Acts 1:6

Ac 1:6 Wilt thou at this time, etc.? They still held to their old ideas of a worldly restoration of the kingdom of Israel. Their only question was, "Wilt thou restore it 'now'"? After the Holy Spirit was given, this delusion was dismissed, and they understood that Christ's kingdom is not of this world.

2016/4/4 9:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
by jeffmar1130 on 2016/4/4 9:34:53

Wait, I just went to GREAT LENGTHS (& Time) in the other post to pose some questions on Romans 11, Acts 1, "Spirotual vs Natural" Israel, etc. I would appreciate it if (since you repeatedly start these threads & discussion) you would explain the passages I quote in view of your Supercessionism/Amillinealism since I took all the necessary time to post it brother.

Jeff,

This is where we have a big problem. I am not a supercessionist and am not a "Replacement Theologist". You and I are are speaking different "languages" when it comes to our respective viewpoints on OT prophecy.

Sorry you went to great lengths, but if it is any consolation you won't have to keep doing that.

Truly, our discussions are not bearing any fruit, so I don't see any point in continuing. Plus, the blind sided, wicked ambushes are being allowed to continue so it really is not an environment that is conducive to being a "Berean" in our searching together of the scriptures.

This answer by proudpapa is what I believe and I gave a similar answer a month ago.

Quote:
by proudpapa on 2016/4/4 9:39:08

Wesley's Notes for Acts 1:6

1:6 Dost thou at this time - At the time thou now speakest of? not many days hence? restore the kingdom to Israel? - They still seemed to dream of an outward, temporal kingdom, in which the Jews should have dominion over all nations. It seems they came in a body, having before concerted the design, to ask when this kingdom would come.

People's Bible Notes for Acts 1:6

Ac 1:6 Wilt thou at this time, etc.? They still held to their old ideas of a worldly restoration of the kingdom of Israel. Their only question was, "Wilt thou restore it 'now'"? After the Holy Spirit was given, this delusion was dismissed, and they understood that Christ's kingdom is not of this world.

You never hear this again in the Scriptures after they received the Holy Spirit. They now understood, as PP said, that His "Kingdom is not of this world".

2016/4/4 9:49

Re:

Actually, you are, you just clearly don't rightly understand those terms by definition. And you STILL didn't answer my questions. Quoting commentators doesn't answer the question brother.,I can send you other commentators not of that theological/eschatological bent string otherwise. I am asking YOU, Julius, who is so sure & who KEEPS re-bringing this issue to the forums/discussion, YOU TELL ME why Jesus didn't correct their ignorance like he always did, but actually reinforced/solidified it? And Romans 11 was AFTER Pentacost brother. Was Paul not filled with the Holy Spirit? He wrote Romans to explain all theological aspects of the Gospel. He explained "spiritual Isreal" in God's eyes in Romans 9. Fair enough. I agree. But in Romans 11 (2 chapters LATER, he is CLEARLY talking about NATURAL/NATIONAL/PHYSICAL Israel). These discussions and the avoidance of it squarely remind me of when I was an Armeniast & would avoid people's direct questions on Romans 7 because I had no answers. Now that I believe in election, we can talk about any passage in the Bible (election/predestination/sovereignty &/or the warnings/exhortations/assurances, etc.). If you don't answer Romans 11 (& explain WHY in Acts 1 Jesus deviated from his normal pattern of correcting the disciples when they "didn't get it" and actually reinforced it - wouldn't that be Christ avoiding correcting ignorance & dishonest/disingenuous?), then stop bringing up your view in a million different ways. And quit quoting all the hardcore Amil pet doctrine guys so people will start eating up all their goodies like hot cakes. Just answer my questions for yourself

2016/4/4 10:03

Re:

Jeff, I don't mind continuing, but I am worn down by all of the attacks and mis-characterizations. We can continue via email if you like. If I continue in SI, the vicious and rude interruptions will continue. I prefer peaceful discussions, don't you?

2016/4/4 10:08

Re:

It's interesting cause I listened to a full debate a Ron Preston (a known Preterist apologist) & Michael Brown (clearly Pre-Mil) & Preston did the same thing. He avoided answering questions on Romans 11 like he never even heard them & moved on to building his case with "symbolic" scriptures. Can any Preterists/Amilinealists/Supercessionists please answer the question of Romans 11 & give a real answer on Acts 1 & why Christ apparently (in their view) intentionally fortified the disciples ignorance in deceit?

2016/4/4 10:11

Re:

I do, & I am not attcking you brother (never have). We can discuss however you like. You started these discussions publicly in the forums so I was/am proceeding in the parameters you set up. Email me if you like. Pretty sure my address is in the file. But please, in the email: answer my questions on Romans 11 & Acts 1.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/4/4 10:13

Re:

You will notice that I did not start all these discussions. Many have been started by others and I joined in as a participant. As an example, 2 of 3 that are going right now, I did not start. I am just saying that this is not a good environment to discuss. The attacks are giving the wider audience an incorrect view of things.

God bless you, too.

2016/4/4 10:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy