SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I Must Reverse My Position - Saeed Abedini

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

I Must Reverse My Position - Saeed Abedini

Over 5 years ago God put within my heart the persecuted Church. Out of His burden Persecution Watch was birthed. The Lord raised up a faithful group of intercessors whose heart is to pray for the persecuted church around the world. Out of that commitment numerous 12 and 24 hour calls were birthed. Even one call in partnership with our brother Greg on Sermon Index.

Persecution Watch has always prayed for the persecuted irregardless of the background of the believer persecuted. If they were in the shadow of the cross we prayed for them.

In response to the pleas of an Idaho wife and mother our call convened a 24-hour call with intercessors from across the nation. The mission at the time was to pray for her husband who was imprisoned in Iran for his faith in Christ. None of us knew the allegations that would follow later.

Shortly after the call the wife and mother released allegations of abuse that went on from her husband while imprisoned in Iran. Later after her husband was released further investigations have revealed that she and her husband did communicate by cell phone. Again investigations also revealed that prisoners could have access to cell phones.

I defended this brother before the forum believing that he suffered for his faith in Christ. And perhaps he did. But those of us that did defend him are now having questions about the allegations that are coming forth. In some ways we have been made the biggest fools. And it grieves me that intercessors that had been called to pray for this brother's release have been made fools. Though perhaps our general prayers for the persecuted Church counted for something. As I said at the time we didn't know about the allegations.

The allegations are disturbing enough. But the fact this brother is going out on the speaking circuit is quite disturbing. I can no longer attach any credibility to what he says regarding the persecuted church knowing that his marriage is in trouble. When asked about the status of his marriage. He says it is a private affair. My question. If the marriage is private why is he out on the public speaking circuit??? Another question. Should he not be working on his marriage in private with Christ filled counsrlors?

Another thing that is quite disturbing is the brother appears to be promoting himself. In a recent interview posted 24 hours ago he indicated he was working on a book even while in prison. Now that the brother has been released and is enjoying the good life in America. He appears to be promoting his persecution experiences. Though to what end one can only imagine.

The brother in question is certainly no Richard Wurmbrand. Brother Wurmbrand wrote about his experiences a few days after he got out of prison. His experiences became the basis of the book we know as Tortured for Christ. But he never profited from what he wrote. Richard Wurmbrand wanted to raise the awareness of a sleeping church in the West to the realities of persecution of Christians in communist nations. I believe a transcript of Richard Wurmbrand's testimony before the US Senate is found in the Sermon Index archives.

When so many other Christ followers are laying down their lives and spilling their blood for Jesus in other parts of the world, the brother I write about is enjoying the good life in America. And no doubt will make money from his book and other speaking engagements. I feel all at the expense of the persecuted.

I now admit to this forum that I was very foolish in defending this brother. But now wiser. I have no wish to malign or accuse this brother. For the allegations and interviews are out there in the public records. One can draw their own conclusions in light of the information. I do pray that the brother will repent. I do pray that the brother and his wife be reconciled. I do pray that his marriage will be restored.

But now I must reverse my position on Saeed Abedini. I cannot attach any credibility to what he says in these interviews. Not while his marriage is in trouble. Not while he is enjoying the good life. Not while he appears to be promoting himself.

I truly pray that God will grant this man repentance. But my prayers continue to go out for those who are truly suffering for the Lord Jesus Christ and spilling their blood for Him.

Posted by Blaine Scogin.

Reedited for grammatical mistakes.

2016/4/1 11:19
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: I Must Reverse My Position - Saeed Abedini

He is clearly saying these accusations are false. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I446Ua6lo5A I believe this is the interview you are mentioning.

May God help bring light to this and help His people from these things. There is so much deception and hypocrisy, May God help us all be real and have sincerity in our hearts.

2016/4/1 13:07Profile

With all due respect brother, perhaps you need to spend less time on the internet reading about other people and more time doing more profitable things. You can hardly believe anything you read online and usually there is only one side of a story told and no way to verify anything, unless we know these people personally. All this amounts to then is gossip. To publicly malign a man because he may or may not have marriage problems or he may or may not be working on his private marriage (which would be done in private lol)...is doing exactly what the devil would want us to do....gossip about others!!!!

It's called the Devils work for a reason.

And then to malign this brother further for supposedly now enjoying "the good life" back in the USA (whatever that is), is reprehensible. Who are we to demand how he lives his life after his prison release and who are we to judge him? If we do not know this man personally, then we do not know ANYTHING personally about him.

I feel this post is so wrong in so many ways and should be deleted.

I'm sorry to be so direct but I am trying to say this in love and I hope it is received as such.

2016/4/1 13:44
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Brother Mark I agree, I think sometimes it's just human nature to expose the dirt on folks, but it should not be at the top of the list for Christians to do so, of course this is just my opinion.

2016/4/1 14:28Profile

There's still more that needs to take place, more potential developments, etc. in this. Why we should be "slow to speak..." In situations like this in my opinion. Let's just continue to pray for their family. They need our prayers just as much now (if not more) than before he was released. Lord, do a miracle and bring beauty from ashes in their family & their marriage. Humble the proud, heal the hurting, put salve on any bitterness/unforgiveness, etc. Lord help them in Jesus' name!

2016/4/1 17:45
dohzman

It is never wrong to do a right thing

Mat 5:44
“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

I believe it is perhaps a slippery slope to look on the outside of a persons life with no real knowledge of that person up close and real. In the days ahead the media attention may zero in on a good many christians lives and most will be made to look bad in the worlds view. The blood bought church needs to learn to love one another, a love that covers sin, to do that we need to walk in faith toward God and take "by" faith fellow believers, for if I walk by faith "in" Christ I believe with my whole heart that my prayers and intercession bear fruit and can , will, do move mountains and change things. If I am to apply Matt 5:44 toward those outside the church, how much more those within the church or those who profess Christ as Lord... Just a thought Brother ... God Bless bro. DMiller

2016/4/1 17:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Blaine,

I am not where you are but do agree with your post.

The devil works hard to dupe people and he is very successful with it. The Apostle Paul warned the church of wolves and the wolves masquerading as sheep has not changed since this was penned.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. There are others who just have not become as well known as this man.

And...it always has a way of dividing God's people - some defending the accused and others warning the saints and the twain end up distrusting each other. Personally, I am learning to limit my esteem of the famous, Christian or not. This learning process can be painful...been there done that.

Sandra

2016/4/2 18:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

After posting this, my memory took a trip down Memory Lane..

I remember well when Richard Wurmbrand had a severe running argument with L.Joe Bass of Underground Evangelism back in the 1970s. (We received Wurmbrand's newsletter back then.) Bass was promoting the testimony/person of Sergei Kourdakov whom Wurmbrand was calling a liar. The words were sharp, to the point, Wurmbrand style all the way. Many people took offense believing Wurmbrand but instead believed Bass.

It was easy to believe Sergei - he was handsome, charming with an impressive story. Why an old cranky man (Wurmbrand) would disbelieve him was unconscionable - back then.

This story can be read here: http://www.ctlibrary.com/bc/2013/sepoct/strange-story-of-sergei-kourdakov.html

Nothing new under the sun, brothers and sisters...

Sandra

2016/4/2 18:49Profile

Is this thread still alive? Wow! It seems it's open season here on Sermon Index. Apparantly anyone can malign, disparage and gossip about others here on this site now...what happened to the forum rules?

Blaine you mentioned allegations and then state you think this man should repent. Over allegations? Which makes you his accuser. You are the one who needs to repent brother. You state, "I have no wish to malign or accuse this brother". But this is exactly what you are doing. Either you are naive or you are dishonest...which is it? How can you not know that you are maligning and accusing this man?

You are held in high regard on this forum brother but writing posts like this are way beneath you as a man of God.

A mans marriage is his private affair, it is noone else's business and if this mans wife is going public about their private life then she is way out of line and nothing she is saying should be believed.

If it is someone else who is coming out with allegations about this mans private marriage then it is simply gossip and no christian worth their salt should ever give any regard to gossip and certainly should never perpetrate it as you have done here.

And regardless of what any other Christian leaders have said publically about others, it doesn't matter. Jesus and the apostles are our standard and this is a matter about a mans private life and anyone who sticks their nose into this is a busy body and a gossip.

How I long for the simple days of old...before the Internet; before everybody learned things about strangers by other people who never had to prove a single thing but just say it. And then because we read it these things become "allegations".

What a tool of the devil the Internet has become!

2016/4/2 23:22
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mark,

Are you suggesting that a man's relationship with his wife is of no consequence? That a man's ministry supersedes his treatment of his wife? I differ. How can a man minister to the spiritual needs of others when he falls so short of his wifes'?

Too many wives of religious leaders have been silent about the abuse they received at the hands by their husbands.

Some years ago a regular poster here on SI told me how her husband was a great Bible scholar, well regarded by those who knew him but mistreated her badly.

Sir, in all respect to the accusation of gossip, may I suggest that people would take seriously reports of abuse by religious leaders heaped upon their wives. Position nor leadership will cancel one's obligation to treat his wife with love. The command to love your wife makes no exception if he is persecuted, or a church leader.

Sorry...I do not buy this gossip accusation.

Sandra

2016/4/3 19:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy